The Judgment on Kadeth - Dr. Ruminahui's Emperor's Children

15.  Glue on the head of your choice.

vxYV6bh.jpg

16.  Mix some greenstuff, and put a roughly triangular patch like this on your finger (wet your finger first - helps keep it from sticking).  This is for the cape that goes over the shoulder pads.

3743n2O.jpg

17.  Place it over the shoulder pad, stretching it as necessary.  You may find that your piece wasn't big enough - either take it off and start again with more, or (as I did) add some where you are missing coverage. 

Zk7OykH.jpg

18.  Repeat for the other shoulder.

AT02HsP.jpg

19.  Use your tool to smooth the grrenstuffed cloak and put natural grooves in it.  Pay particular attention to where it joins the caps and the bottom - you want the transition to be as smooth as possible - you may need to reach under his shoulder in the front and push the greenstuff back some.  You may also need to rebuild some detail on his cape - here, I still need to redo the rope on the skull, which got sawed off with the shoulder.

Z8XUn6x.jpg

20.  Put the miniature aside to let the cape cure.

21.  Now we rebuild the fur trim on the cloak.  Roll a thin sausage of greenstuff and place it across the shoulder next to the shoulder protector.  Put it in place and trim it if it is too long.  This is easiest done with your greenstuff tool.

LTJrmOb.jpg

22.  Use your tool to flatten it and put grooves in it to mimic the fur trim that remains on the cloak.  You may find that you don't have as much coverage as you would like (or too much) - remove or add greenstuff as and where needed.

QhlCjdM.jpg

23.   Repeat on the other side.  Be careful not to accidentally press on the other shoulder - if you do, be prepared to redo your work there.

TZllKRT.jpg

24.  Put a blob of greenstuff on the back pack, then squish into the position you want on the back.  After you do so, see if any greenstuff for the backpack is visible - if it is, either trim it (if it isn't structural), or sculpt it into fur.

rg0EoZA.jpg

25.  FInd something to do with the leftover legs - something I have yet to figure out. :smile.:

33uZM1z.jpg

Oh, as a note, if you don't like the fantasy torsos, you can (with some trimming of the sides and the warrior's torso) use a chaos space marine front instead.  This does mean, however, you don't get the neck guards, which I think look pretty cool.  As well, most of the torso is hidden by the weapon, so it doesn't look overly "fantasy" anyway.

kSftSWs.jpg

Anyway, hope that was informative.

Oh that tutorial was very helpful. Very nice :thumbsup:

I'm glad it's helpful - be a shame for me to post it and then have everyone think "I didn't really need a tutorial for that." :)

Anyway, should you make your own, please share.  Be aware though, that your greenstuffing will get better with practice - my noise marines' cloak patching is definitely better than my chaos space marines', who I did first.

Holy smokes, bud! That has to be the best way I have seen chaos warriors used for a space marine. And kudos for doing that several times over for your squad.

Glad you like them - thanks for the praise.  And I'm currently working on my second set of 12 noise marines, so yeah I've done it a few times over. :)  Basically, I just convert one guy at a time, and it doesn't seem too much like work - though I get tired of having plastic dust all over and around my workstation from all the cutting.

Great tutorial!! and this model looks ace :smile.:

Thanks to both!

Oh, and for those who looked at my chosen and characters converted out of dark vengeance minis, they are my first ETL vow:

gsTrOXu.jpg

Oh that tutorial was very helpful. Very nice :thumbsup:

I'm glad it's helpful - be a shame for me to post it and then have everyone think "I didn't really need a tutorial for that." :)

Anyway, should you make your own, please share.  Be aware though, that your greenstuffing will get better with practice - my noise marines' cloak patching is definitely better than my chaos space marines', who I did first.

Oh trust me, I know. I've already been doing greenstuff work, my Sonic Helbrute (which you can see in my Emperor's Children thread in my signature) will be the first really involved one with it, alongside with a Plague contemptor I've been (slowly) working on.

Fixing the cloaks and fur though? That'll be easy compared to what I have to do with those dreadnoughts :lol:

Here are some close ups of the 3 converted dark vengeance characters I've painted up for ETL - the unpainted versions are on the first page of this thread.

The chaos lord - I think I'll revisit him when I find a better way to paint faces.

fwi05Vz.jpg

The sorcerer - it doesn't really show up in the pic, but I tried to make him look like he is casting something by doing a (somewhat successful) orange glow effect on his hand.

fP6Mupc.jpg

And the exalted champion.

MPeXloT.jpg

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Man, I didn't even think of all the plastic dust and shaving from all that converting. I always have my trash can and a brush nearby to clean up messes. Otherwise it seems to get everywhere like sand.

Also, great job on painting for the ETL! Always happy to see purple and gold on those minis!

The green works for a really nice spot colour and contrast.

Thanks!  This is my first army with "coloured" power weapons, and I'm really happy with how they look.

Man, I didn't even think of all the plastic dust and shaving from all that converting. I always have my trash can and a brush nearby to clean up messes. Otherwise it seems to get everywhere like sand.

Also, great job on painting for the ETL! Always happy to see purple and gold on those minis!

Thank you.  Hopefully I should get the 5 chosen finished over the next week - then I can move onto building 6 more noise marines, finish the greenstuff on the 6 I currently have on my desk, then use them as my second ETL vow.

Okay, completed my first vow!

First, the 5 chosen - I'm paticularly happy with the chosen champion (centre).

TnrVWks.jpg

Those 5 will be joined to my previous 5 Chosen to from a unit of 10.

XBv7ty6.jpg

And now my conversion pairings, this time painted (the one on the right is the converted one, except for the first pic where both are converted).

Former chosen (not sure what role he is now) + exalted champion

5oBDC0X.jpg

Sorcerer with sword & plasma pistol + sorcerer with staff

uvFjDxB.jpg

dark apostle + lord with plasma pistol & power fist

vpacTRg.jpg

cchosen with powerfist + chosen champion with powerfist

4MwcQ6i.jpg

chosen with bolter + chosen with flamer

rw7QI8U.jpg

chosen with lightning claws + chosen with power axe

jTp8XMA.jpg

And chosen with power axe + chosen with chainsword, bolter & bolt pistol

FLJiGYg.jpg

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Looking good! Keep pumping these and those noise marines out!

Thanks and will do.  Finished the greenstuffing on my first 6 noise marines, and and 2/3 of the way sawing up the pieces for next 6.  Never tried sawing 6 of them in one go - Gederas was right about the sore fingers. :)

Really like the green you've done, complements the purple nicely I think :thumbsup:

Thanks!  I'm really happy with the green too - it really helps the overall look, and also makes it easier for me to remember who has power weapons. :)

I can only imagine having to saw through that many marines. I finally picked up my tools and went about cleaning lines and sprue bits off of two land raiders before building them. I think the way I held my tools just made the tip of my thumb and the middle of my pointer finger sore. Sucked but it was worth it.

Okay, finished converting up my second unit of "chaos warrior" noise marines, and have entered them into ETL.  I'm having second thoughts about the champion's combi-bolter, though - the one I used (from the IG vehicle upgrade sprew) is ridiculously large.

68sDkDV.jpg

After converting them up I have more spare boots than I know what to do with - anybody have a use for these?

NSnMpYs.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the first 5 of the 12 noise marines for my ETL vow.:

EE70GNF.jpg

As for the guy with the blastmaster, do you think his tongue should be more red?  It's practically the colour of his cloak.

I hadpreviously converted this guy to have a chainsword and bolt pistol, but I didn't like the look so I gave him a power sword and icon.

INyclmg.jpg

I personally like the tongue color as is.

Looking good! Your noise marines are coming along nicely! I also agree the tongue's color is good.

Thanks for the feedback - I guess I will leave the tongue be, then.

Hoping to have the remaining 7 done by Sunday - I've finished one (the icon bearer), and am now working on the first of my second batch.

For ETL I've completed 7 more noise marines this week:

Q3qMet1.jpg

That brings me to 12, which completes my second vow.

nEJ7bqi.jpg

And from the back:

snuWDok.jpg

These 2 are inspired by Kierdale's "rocking to the sky" blastmaster noise marine - for both of them, I can imagine them just playing away, engrossed in their music.

bsmEOQx.jpg

Oh, and this makes my second completed unit of 12 noise marines.  Here they are together:

x9YGoW3.jpg

And from the back, where its easier to tell the 2 squads apart as they are differentiated by their cloak colours.

rKdz7Fj.jpg

Thank you both - I'm really happy how they turned out as well.  I quite like the pink too - both the darker pink of my 1st squad and the lighter pink of the second.  My only quibble is I wish the slannesh symbols on the cloaks of the newer marines stood out better - I guess the darker pink is too close in tone to the purple I'm using as the wash.

And yes, I foresee much enemy shredding in the future - my first unit has already served me well in taking out units of necron warrior and their accompanying annihilation barges, and with 2 I'm hoping that I'll have enough left to do the same when I don't get first turn.

May not field both against my ork buddy - even one feels unfair, given how they each can delete a mid-sized mob of boys a turn, even without stratagem support.  That said, I may need to go all out once the orks get their codex.