+++Age of Darkness Loyalist Outpost (AoD-L)+++

Great work brothers, I'm glad we showed our frater just how tenacious we could be!

Also- Vykes, congratulations, you certainly deserve the title of Martyr and Master of the Age of Darkness. I'm glad to see your efforts rewarded. A true scion of the Warmaster, if there ever was one! :thumbsup:

So firstly I just want to say a massive thank you to both Captain Semper for organising and running this fantastic event but furthermore Shadow Guard needs a massive round of applause for making the amazing badges and also supporting Captain Semper.

This was the first ETL I participated in and I have got to say it has been amazing seeing not only myself but others pushing themselves to get some amazingly painted minis completed. Not only that but the support from my fellow fraters was amazing and just made a world of difference in pushing through to get those vows done, especially the vow of knights the day before the ETL was over.

I want to give special mentions to Vykes for not only being the AOD traitors champion, the Master of the AOD but also most Impressively the Martyr of ETL VI with an impressive 11,553pts of completed minis. Furthermore I would also like to thank Vykes for being one of the many resident AOD cheerleaders for ETL VI alongside many others like Semper Fortis, Marine 7312000, Trokair, Slips, our_baz, Supe robot gangster #1 and Dreagher just to name a few. Also for our (heretical) brothers in the AOD traitor outpost I would like to give a round of applause for completing not one but two God machines, both Dreagher and Vykes managed to crack out a warhound each. Another special mention to Vykes but also Kizzdougs for earning the Badge of the Artificer, Fingers crossed that either one of Our AOD boys can take home the Master Artificer Badge.

Lastly I want to say thank you to the AOD loyalists for their hard work and dedication without our combined efforts there was no way we would be able to snag a position in the top 3, and also to everyone else who participated in this ETL, without any of you the premier event of the Bolter and Chainsword would not happen, so a massive congratulations to everyone who put in the time and effort into this this years ETL I hope to see everybody and many more new faces at next years ETL.

Here is a picture of all 6045 points that I managed to assemble and paint in this years ETL

hX5s31J.jpg

Cheers, Eternal

Thanks to everyone who participated in ETL this year.

To Captain Semper, Grand Marshall and keeper of the limitless likes basket, you not only make ETL possible, you also keep it rolling and fair and fun and upbeat and... uh, all around awesome! Thanks!

To Shadow Guard and all the behind-the-scenes inner circle, thanks for supporting Captain Semper!

To my comrades in AoD, thanks for all the support and motivation. Yeah, even you scum on the traitor side. ;)

Especially thanks to Vykes who managed to lead the cheerleading squad for loyalists and traitors alike. And who also painted a massive amount of points to an incredible standard, probably all while juggling the Queen's best china and leading a marching band.

And I leave ya'll with this final question: How are the AoD traitors going to reconcile that moral victory with the dark gods?

Hah, congrats you guys, that five minutes to midnight push really drove it all home.  Eternal Despair, mate, that knight banner at the close was a killer, and it looks terrific.  Congrats on the forum Champion award, too!  You lot have a crazy amount of talented and driven souls among your ranks, and never gave up.  I certainly admire that!  

Semper Fortis, you sure got a lot of people fired up too!  -chortls a bit- Cap'n Semper, keeper of the limitless likes basket... nice :P  hey, you proved that yellow marines could absolutely be done (was just crooning about that like 10 minutes ago like I said I would).  I hope that electrical jumbling gets done and everything back to normal soon, eh?  We've got the power company coming to tear up the side of the barn to get the main junction box on tuesday so I'll be outta power for a day or so.  Funny thing that. Bleh. And you better be showing us that vet squad when ya get it done!  :)  Aaah the Queen's china, her majesty wouldn't let a poor frozen colonial like myself get near them.  Pity. 

Trokair, you definitely were a big time motivator too, mate!  StatusJoe, Phatsquirre1, -laughs- those were terrific sets of vows that just kinda lit a real spark from what I saw.  It was the first time I can remember smirking and looking back at the Warmaster's camp saying, "We could be in some real trouble if this catches on."  And thanks a ton again for some really awesome ideas, Lokkorex.  You,  Our_Baz, Marine, the Lord Commander, and certainly Eternal were the nail in our proverbial coffin (I shouldn't say that too loud, Night Lords might start to get some ideas.  Which is a bad sign as I haven't seen them around for a while.)

There are just so many to name here that did an incredible job... you beat our God-Engines, smashed weapons of war, crippled out instruments of destruction, and ripped ragged a whole company of the 12th and 16th; what can I say but you've bloody well earned every bit of this victory!

... I feel like I should be shaking my fist saying, "Next time, Gadget. Next tiiime!"  

It's been a very very 'like' intensive day, eh?  I was out by 8 AM so I definitely get it :P 

Seems like the traitor forum is locked, or haunted... huh. 

Hah, congrats you guys, that five minutes to midnight push really drove it all home.  Eternal Despair, mate, that knight banner at the close was a killer, and it looks terrific.  Congrats on the forum Champion award, too!  You lot have a crazy amount of talented and driven souls among your ranks, and never gave up.  I certainly admire that!  

Semper Fortis, you sure got a lot of people fired up too!  -chortls a bit- Cap'n Semper, keeper of the limitless likes basket... nice :tongue.:  hey, you proved that yellow marines could absolutely be done (was just crooning about that like 10 minutes ago like I said I would).  I hope that electrical jumbling gets done and everything back to normal soon, eh?  We've got the power company coming to tear up the side of the barn to get the main junction box on tuesday so I'll be outta power for a day or so.  Funny thing that. Bleh. And you better be showing us that vet squad when ya get it done!  :smile.:  Aaah the Queen's china, her majesty wouldn't let a poor frozen colonial like myself get near them.  Pity. 

Trokair, you definitely were a big time motivator too, mate!  StatusJoe, Phatsquirre1, -laughs- those were terrific sets of vows that just kinda lit a real spark from what I saw.  It was the first time I can remember smirking and looking back at the Warmaster's camp saying, "We could be in some real trouble if this catches on."  And thanks a ton again for some really awesome ideas, Lokkorex.  You,  Our_Baz, Marine, the Lord Commander, and certainly Eternal were the nail in our proverbial coffin (I shouldn't say that too loud, Night Lords might start to get some ideas.  Which is a bad sign as I haven't seen them around for a while.)

There are just so many to name here that did an incredible job... you beat our God-Engines, smashed weapons of war, crippled out instruments of destruction, and ripped ragged a whole company of the 12th and 16th; what can I say but you've bloody well earned every bit of this victory!

... I feel like I should be shaking my fist saying, "Next time, Gadget. Next tiiime!"  

Vykes, that's some nice bling in your sig bud. 

Ultimately, we did something that no one on this entire forum thought we could do. Regardless of the Loyalist or Traitor victory, we as a group of 30k fanatics smashed face and we couldn't have done it without you Vykes or without our traitorous brethren.

Hah, yeah it was a bit of a chore to cut down my 65th a bit to make them all fit in line on my screen. Start to a right proper fruit salad goin' on.  Seriously, thanks a ton, StatusJoe, mate!  I'm liking the new portrait too, man, you sure earned it! And that Primus Inter Pares, too. 

Heh, like Is aid, I think you had a good deal to do with kicking off that flame that became a fire and got you laudible loyalists to the finish, 3rd place among all individual forums!  You beat the Astartes forum!  It's incredible, it's positively incredible.  A group of 27 put to flight gatherings 2-3 times your number!  Person for person, you lot were absolute powerhouses so good on ya!  -laughs- us traitors were so blasted close, just a few hundred points or better yet, a single penalty less and we'd have at least bypassed the astartes and Dark Angels.  Gah, that's the closest thing to a sour note I've got! :P 

-laughs- thanks, I never expected the artificer honour, could never have guessed it.  And thanks Phatsquirre1, some reason I guess my little quick-edit didn't go through.  I'm flattered that I'm even considered in the same league as Kizzdougs and the others, even if I am the Buffalo Sabers of the Artificers :P 

Hah, yeah it was a bit of a chore to cut down my 65th a bit to make them all fit in line on my screen. Start to a right proper fruit salad goin' on.  Seriously, thanks a ton, StatusJoe, mate!  I'm liking the new portrait too, man, you sure earned it! And that Primus Inter Pares, too. 

Heh, like Is aid, I think you had a good deal to do with kicking off that flame that became a fire and got you laudible loyalists to the finish, 3rd place among all individual forums!  You beat the Astartes forum!  It's incredible, it's positively incredible.  A group of 27 put to flight gatherings 2-3 times your number!  Person for person, you lot were absolute powerhouses so good on ya!  -laughs- us traitors were so blasted close, just a few hundred points or better yet, a single penalty less and we'd have at least bypassed the astartes and Dark Angels.  Gah, that's the closest thing to a sour note I've got! :tongue.:

-laughs- thanks, I never expected the artificer honour, could never have guessed it.  And thanks Phatsquirre1, some reason I guess my little quick-edit didn't go through.  I'm flattered that I'm even considered in the same league as Kizzdougs and the others, even if I am the Buffalo Sabers of the Artificers :tongue.:

Maybe I was, maybe I wasn't, who can say? Of the 409 participants in ETL, there was only like 38 or something people who did four or five vows and I think a solid handful of those guys are in AOD. That's how we got to 3rd total forum. If you're ever in the Central Florida area, I'd love to match my Ultramarines against your Sons of Horus.

The only thing I can tell you for sure, is when the next ETL comes around, You won't be getting the martyr badge. :biggrin.:

-laughs and smirks- yeah, and I think I counted six of us immediately in the 4-5 vow pool, it's definitely representative with our 'meager' but loyal two score and some fellow frater.  Hah, yeah you lot got to the 3rd forum overall, but together we're the runner up faction which is pretty impressive!  And not by a small bit either, 10K points worth over Chaos.

Hah, I'll keep that in mind.  Always tough for the far-flung ice dweller like me but hey, gotta go south some time but if you ever get up to miserable ol' Alberta, be sure to have the XIIIth ready too, eh? 

Hmm, I rather like that challenge.  Heh, we'll see, mate, we'll see.  Technically we all could if we pledge just 20,000 points, eh?  

Captain Semper: post 407 have been updated with slightly better pics, i have no good lighting nor any kind of fixture i can put my camera in.

pic of entirety of my vows during ETL 2018:

gallery_60230_9650_112759.jpg

Trokair: thought you might like to see my entire maniple with a WiP Praevian:

gallery_60230_9650_220809.jpg

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_6_Poster_01_Announcement_V2.jpg

ETL VI MASTER ARTIFICER: 

KIZZDOUGHS

You can see the results here

Now the ETL VI is truly over. This thread will remain open for posting but will become unpinned. 

Until next year, farewell!

Captain Semper
Member of the Inner Circle
Master of Recruits

Archived