Legio Nikator (Sons of the Temple) and Legio Validus (Amber Kings)

apologist

Cheers both – much appreciated :)

I have been slightly distracted by a new contender, too...

BC6BDD86-91FB-4F45-ACA4-303D37BA857E.thumb.jpeg.d4d9b9b16cec88c477bc7ac222e8be10.jpeg

Eldar Titans are great bipedal combat walkers, produced by the Craftworld Eldar, the AsuryaniSimilar to the lumbering Titans that are the greatest war machines of the Imperium of Man, Eldar Titans combine grace, speed and deadly firepower.

Eldar Titans move with a smooth agility and grace unachievable by the Imperium's Titans. Like all Eldar technology, these tall, slender war engines are built to be aesthetically pleasing as well as fully functional, and possess a grace and beauty rarely seen amongst the deadly implements of Mankind.

Edited by apologist

Work progresses on the Phantom. I'm ticking along nice and slowly, just enjoying working with acrylics alone again. Last night I worked on the belly, groin and shoulders:

5CD484D6-7CE4-4D31-AABB-DEAB9584EE12.jpe

I've also started work on some playtesting rules, so I can put this chap in the field. If you're interested in the Designers' notes and helping to playtest, they're on +Death of a Rubricist+ here: https://apologentsia.blogspot.com/2023/01/inload-phantom-titan-in-adeptus.html

Here's the Terminal:

AdTi%20Command%20Terminal%20Phantom%2000

Playtesting Eldar Titans

+ These are additional clarifications on how the game runs, and how certain weapons interact with or effect Holofields. +
  • List building – Replace all references to 'Maniple' for 'Conclave'. Eldar do not yet have Strategems. I suggest you playtest without them for the moment.
  • Game prep – Replace all references to 'Princeps Senioris' with 'High Steersman [name TBC]'. Determine Missions, Deployment and Battle Field Control as normal. Deploy as normal.
  • Strategy Phase – Treat all references to 'Infinity Circuit Disturbed' as Princeps wounded'; treat all references to 'Spiritweave Disturbed' as 'MIU Feedback'.
  • Movement Phase – Treat all references to 'Reactor' as 'Plasmaweave'
  • Damage Control Phase – apply the following adjustments:
    • 1. Activate Unit (skip for Knight Households) 
    • 2. If Reactor Level is orange roll D6; if red, roll D10 on Reactor Overload Table.
    • 3. Repair Roll with number of dice equal to 'Shaping' 
    • 4. Distribute results as follows: 
      • X+ Repair weapon (see weapon card) 
      • 4+ Reduce reactor level by 1 
      • 6 Repair 1 critical damage 
      • 6 Repair Holofield Burnout  [Holofield Burnout: Holofields are inactive]
  • Combat Phase – n.b. Weapons on the 'Shoulders' location are not affected by 'Carapace' restrictions.
    • To Hit Modifiers – treat references to 'Steersman Wounded' as 'Moderati Wounded'.
    • Ignore all reference to Void Shields.
  • End Phase – Treat all references to 'Plasmaweave Leak' as 'Reactor Leak'.
  • Orders tables changes
    • Emergency Repairs: Treat all references to 'Servitor Clades' as 'Shaping'
    • Shutdown: Replace text with 'Holofields are no longer Active, can only be activated in Damage Control Phase, make normal repair rolls, reduce Plasmaweave level by 2.
  • Reactor Overload Table changes
    • Treat all references to Reactor as Plasmaweave.
    • 1–2 suffer S9 hit to body, bypass Holofield 
    • 3–5 Holofield Burnout; if Holofield already burned out, resolve as result 6-8
    • 6–8 suffer D3 S9 hits to body, bypass Holofield 
    • 9–10 Titan destroyed; roll D3+total number of Plasma Track holes in inch for radius, all units suffer D6 hits with Strength = Scale+1, bypassing Void Shields and Holofields.
  • Holofields and weapon traits clarifications
    • Attacks with the BypassMelee, Psi trait(s) are affected by Holofields as described above. Note that this means Melee attacks cannot make Targeted attacks until the Holofields are nor Active.
    • Units equipped with Holofields are affected by Concussive weapons as normal if hit.
    • Attacks with the Firestorm trait are resolved as normal against Units with Holofields.
    • Attacks with the Shieldbane or Voidbreaker trait(s) have no additional effect against a Unit with Holofields.

+++

... and some further pictures of the work in progress:

07A00533-BF70-4762-89B1-7F4D92CB1766.jpe

FD26310B-B88B-4877-BCF1-589A640DF943.jpe

3 hours ago, Lord_Borak said:

Damn! That Phantom Titan is looking awesome. Really like the Bone and Blue highlight work you've done. The model is really nice as well. 

I'm not sure on the BattleBling hound. I really want to like it but something seems off. It might well be that the body doesn't suit the legs? I dunno. 

Thanks for the kind words on the Phantom – and the critique on the Warhound. I've never been all that fussed about Warhounds (likely why this is my first one ever!), and the main reason for the conversion kit is that I want to visually distinguish between Warhounds and a Dire Wolf conversion kit, which will use the normal Warhound kit as the basis.

38178BB7-535D-404D-9EC5-22753E5E9278.jpeg

A consistent undercoat helps somewhat with the visual disjunct, but I do know what you mean on the intregration. While a nice enough kit, I think it would benefit from some additional details to tie it into the other plates – perhaps some rivets, and a couple of the little cross-shaped flourishes you see on the standard hip and shin plates.

40 minutes ago, Raziel-TX said:

That agile pose on the war hound is probably one of the best I’ve seen. 

Thanks very much! It took a bit of time and lots of dry-fitting, but was a pretty simple conversion in the end.

The running pose on the warhound is great but I've also never particularly liked that body mod. It just feels a bit insubstantial to me. The normal kit has those blocks at the back, apparently containing something to do with the reactor and/or void shields. It feels like a shame to lose them.  I understand the nostalgia for the original kit but the more modern* one is a better design in my opinion.

I also quite like the resin dire wolf, though I'm sure you'll be able to make something cool from a Warhound.

*Slightly - the kit must be well over 20 years old.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2023 at 10:43 AM, Mandragola said:

The running pose on the warhound is great but I've also never particularly liked that body mod. It just feels a bit insubstantial to me. The normal kit has those blocks at the back, apparently containing something to do with the reactor and/or void shields. It feels like a shame to lose them. 

Yes, I think that's a fair assessment. I quite like the contrast between the sleeker, lighter Warhound and...

F0C9FAA9-9CD7-4266-8F50-B371DEA213DF.jpeg

The Death Chicken Dire Wolf! This is a Grim Dark Terrain modification kit, which will be joining the Amber Kings.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, malika666 said:

I feel that here and there you might also wanna add some Chaos styled details to the hulls of those Titans. Just to give them a feel that they're more than 'just' the original Titan models with Juggernaut heads on them.

I see what you mean, though Apologist has used the Chaos-y armour plates. I do see your point that a very mutated head with no other weird features could look a bit off, but the jugger head does work well on hounds (and Acastus knights)

On 3/9/2023 at 10:51 AM, Mandragola said:

I see what you mean, though Apologist has used the Chaos-y armour plates. I do see your point that a very mutated head with no other weird features could look a bit off, but the jugger head does work well on hounds (and Acastus knights)

I don't think major mutations would be needed, just a few spikes here and there. It could be subtle.