Loquille's attempt to stop lurking. Horus Heresy log.

Loquille

• 1 month later...

And we return from the dark to an updated forum, so it's time for an update! 
Only the one item finished since the last post sadly, but many things were built in preparation, then the new box dropped and things jumped the queue. 

Which sees the first jumper completed in the form of the Contemptor Dreadnought. 

With the box set only giving us a fist I decided to go digging for some old resin chain bayonets to replace his normal fingers/claws so I could count it as a chainfist, while the Lascannon isn't set so it can be swapped out (when I eventually paint the other weapons). 

@Shovelovin: Thanks dude, the updated ones is a few layers of Leviadon Blue over silver. 

@Pearson73: Thanks, question is, how big a group should I go for :) They're diffidently gaining another 5 members at least. 

@Smoke frog: Thankyou, yeah I love that it's all Volkite or heavy flamers for the unit's ranged weapons. 

@Brother Kraskor: As all Night Lords should be :)  

NL Contemptor 1.jpg

NL Contemptor 2.jpg

NL Contemptor 3.jpg

15 hours ago, Loquille said:

@Pearson73: Thanks, question is, how big a group should I go for :) They're diffidently gaining another 5 members at least. 

Aye, definitely ten of them for sure, and then you'll be really bullying smaller squads too. Nice work on the Contemptor, particularly the lenses and that awesome chainfist modification.

The first of some sneaky marines is complete if the form of a Vigilator. 

@Dr_Ruminahui: Thankyou

@Pearson73: Thanks, and with Night Lords everything is about bullying smaller squads. One of the reasons I'm adding some Recon to the list, try and cause pinning so I can get all the bonuses :) 

NL Vigilator1.JPG

NL Vigilator2.JPG

NL Vigilator4.JPG

• 1 month later...

A few bits to add today, with the first two finished recently but distractions kept me away. 

First up is the first of my Recon Squads, I've always loved the models but strange to actually use them for what they are instead of mixing in elsewhere. 

1223440421_ReconSquad1.thumb.JPG.6f85a053f944f26179d78c6579f9dc6c.JPG

The second unit is the first five Raptors for the start of my second pack. I decided to have a go putting some Lightning Claws for tickle time. 

1646849828_Raptorpack1a.thumb.jpg.b0eec2b448eb2733ed23b8a900c115ae.jpg

And the last update for today is the new Leviathan Dreadnought finished this afternoon. A lovely kit which fits in with the old resin. I decided to do similar to the Contemptor in using the banner/ big panel transfers to add to the hull, this time cutting out the scrollwork and hourglass. Though I will say the fists are no where near as bright as they appear in the pictures. 

65565486_PlasticLevi1.thumb.jpg.ad3c3edfb0ff62500f8483302bb82d14.jpg1677122299_PlasticLevi3.thumb.jpg.0bfff172aba70c587361be731a4da84d.jpg

As always, thanks for looking. 

Edited by Loquille

• 3 weeks later...

A Lord of the night steps from the shadows this evening with the completion of another character while I ignore what I should be painting. 

Equipped with his trusty hammer and nail for all your DIY decorating needs. 

Sword and hammer 1.jpg

Sword and hammer 2.jpg

Sword and hammer 3.jpg

@Pearson73:  Thankyou, I probably wont as I'm not fond of adding it to my models. Which is strange because I quite enjoy seeing others gore soaked minis. 

Next up on the desk is the Command Squad to run around with him. 

Edited by Loquille

14 minutes ago, Valkia the Bloody said:

He is looking great!

Really like your lightning.

Where is the sword from? Cannot really place it.

Thankyou, 

The sword is from the old High Elf range, either Dragon Princes or the Dragon Rider, while the hilt is from a Sanguinary Guard sword. 

Edited by Loquille

• 3 weeks later...

Just went through the whole thread - love the colour schemes, posing and humour.  (Particularly the apothecary with hammer to keep the bits in). 

My favourite colour scheme were the Night Lords with bone chest plate and helmet!

Edited by SlickSamos

From the shadows the second unit of Recon marines arrive. With how well they work I think the two units and Vigilator is enough nemesis bolters for everyone. :) 

With them done my current 3,500 point list just needs me to finish two Predators and the remaining five Raptors. But We all know what I'm like by now for sticking to what should be done and what I end up painting for the Legion as I started putting paint down on the Spartan. 

Night Lords Recon2.jpg

@Valkia the Bloody: Thankyou

@Pearson73: Thanks, I wanted to try and make each of them look like they deserve to be in the Command Squad. 

@SlickSamos: Thankyou for going through it all!  Thanks I love the Support Colour scheme as well and try and work it in where I can. 

Edited by Loquille

• 1 month later...

Time for another update, first up the first of the Predators for the 8th, sadly she and her twin got into a shooting match with another pair of Predators at the club's 4 vs 4 and went out with freshly painted syndrome. 

1474057335_NLPredator2.thumb.jpg.9c474d8e0963ab7e0ebb72557e0c1bb1.jpg

991061117_NLPredator3.thumb.jpg.9584c719e1f9dd69b50516aa16df1b89.jpg

Next up is the start of another project that saw me diving into the Box of Potential! (other names include the words shame). 

The Silent Queen, Jenetia Krole. 

218432207_Jenetia1.thumb.jpg.6c6c6c1a515bbf9c31f3fe529ecf1283.jpg

1375910905_Jenetia2.thumb.jpg.58c741cf9b048d7f6dfd694b824be6ea.jpg

1995613100_Jenetia4.thumb.jpg.a3a0256414c946b5796e9ecaa679b843.jpg

I'm pretty happy with her overall and pleased with how the marble came out after weathering for the base. 

Up next will eventually be the second Predator and hopefully the first of the completed Sisters units. 

As always, thanks for looking

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

First unit of the year completed. Mainly because I was too lazy to finish last week. The first five Sanctioners, for all your Warp touched and recidivist removing needs. 

Sanctioners1.thumb.jpg.ebde55ddddb38a76bae416d419151ff0.jpg

Next up is a few of the Allies for the Sister's list and a few more Oblivion Knights. 

As always, thanks for looking

A slight break from silver to paint some allies to join the Sisters of Silence, with a Champion of the first being complete.

676002744_DAChampion1.thumb.jpg.3c76575a53c35d9dcc678c415ddcbd85.jpg

933151871_DAChampion2.thumb.jpg.7e6f301dfd6efbe0261c3efd19755608.jpg

1881131020_DAChampion3.thumb.jpg.bc678258793483fa0430e1f3e771ffa6.jpg

Next up is the Inner Circle Knights to accompany him then back to painting Sisters while I wait for the weather to change for spraying the rest of the allied detachment. 

@Pearson73: Thanks, I've a couple more to mix into the second Sanctioner squad as well, adds a bit of variety instead of all topknots.