Ficinus's Mutant Uprising

Ficinus

I really love the game Inquisitor and the Inq28 community that has developed around it.  For a long time, I've wanted to convert up a large number of mutants in the style, partially to use as mooks and partially just to do it.  This is one of my first big conversion projects: I plan on converting every single model to be a unique or semi-unique mutants (there will be a squad of beastmen in the final project).  In here, there are a mix of Genestealer Cult, Gor, Cawdor, Escher, Goliath, Orlock, Ghoul, Daemonette and Poxwalker parts combined with a bunch of random bits.  In game terms, I plan on using Genestealer Cult rules for them since it seems to represent a rebellion so well, and the idea of a group of mutants emerging from the shadows to strike at Imperial hypocrisy looks perfect.

I'll be expanding on the fluff later, but right now I imagine a planet that is largely agricultural in the southern hemisphere and heavily industrial in the north.  Mutants, as on many Imperial worlds, live either segregated in ghettoes where they toil as slaves within the manufactora or scattered and lost in the vast expanses of industrial wasteland or the hidden corners of the fields of the south.  In the vast mountain ranges, hidden in valleys and caves, a rebel group of mutants strikes against the local PDF in an attempt to throw off the shackles of Imperial rule.

So, here's the first wave of the Mutant Liberation Front.

A group of the Mutant Vanguard

L2Krl0T.jpg

A squad of Mutant Scum with Autoguns and a Missile Launcher

pvoZH6k.jpg

7c65bvS.jpg

A squad of Mutant Scum with shotguns, flamers, and a heavy stubber

ruzV0XD.jpg

sMgwAJW.jpg

A squad of big ol' mutants

5HFeD8E.jpg

3PJXVUX.jpg

And a beastman sergeant waiting for a squad of backup

1uNtqOa.jpg

Edited by Ficinus

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all the kind words, folks!  My mutants aren't on up for painting right now, I have a few things that I need to get done for Adepticon before I start on this project.  That said, because I enjoy assembling/converting models more than painting, I have been putting together a few more mutants.

More Mutant Vanguard

br1x99Z.jpg

tLYKCYt.jpg

nmMBXJl.jpg

Some more Mutant Scum

ebLfJjh.jpg

zbycbFp.jpg

Some more Big ol' Mutants

3otdMBF.jpg

And a Mutant Sniper, born with no feet and only one hand (that hand being at the end of his tail)

HRsh7XY.jpg

The green mutations are just from green poxwalkers. The easy to build ones and some of the regular ones are on green sprues and that's the color they have (maybe the lighting is weird to make them seem off to you). I wish I could sculpt that smoothly.

• 1 month later...

Adepticon put a serious dent in my ability to work on this project as I finished up a few other things I had going on.  Now that I have about a thousand points done, I'll probably start painting.  Nevertheless, I've made some more mutants, I finished my squad of beastmen with shotguns, grenade launchers, and heavy stubbers as well as a few heavy weapons for other squads.  In addition, I've made a few characters, stand-ins for a primus, an abominant, and a magus.

The Beastman squad

RPqICJz.jpg

Heavy Weapons

85vmug1.jpg

2tMcyrp.jpg

Primus

zeXexei.jpg

Abominant

48p7KsW.jpg

Magus

MhmxbA3.jpg

• 5 months later...

I've finished up a ten mutant squad.  There's a dude missing a head because I decided to switch up some things, but he'll get one eventually.  I'll also end up moving the Orlock bodied dudes into a separate unit later, but for now, it works well enough.  So, more mutants!

AVj8vfD.jpg

1lUv8dS.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've finished a few more mutants, another squad of ten with assorted weapons and a couple flamers.  Again, the Orlock based autogun guy will probably leave this squad for another, but for now he's in here.  There are also a couple of missile launchers, initially for a heavy weapons squad or whatever.

FVaGajj.jpg

kFnBsPm.jpg

oC3owyU.jpg