Dawn of Shadows ETL Prep Event 2019 (2/14 thru 4/15)

Dracos

Is it possible to switch out/upgrade existing units? Because I intend to run my Raptors as pretty much primaris only - the Rhino would be useless, but a second Repulsor would help a lot.

Also, I'll spontaneously work 2 weeks abroad. Time to paint but not build, so some infantry might get painted before ETL.

Right, here’s how it works:

You must make at least one vow in order to participate. This vow has certain restrictions one of which is that each unit pledged must be a standalone game-legal unit. Consequent vows must also conform to that rule, so no add-ons to a previous unit will be allowed.

Example:

In your first vow you pledge a five-strong Termie squad. In your second vow you may pledge another five-strong but you are not allowed to pledge another three Termies, as this is not a game legal standalone squad.

You also do not get any points for magnetizations and alternative load outs. You must only pledge a single configuration...

So I'm building a crusade army, Raven Guard will be represented in it, most likely as a jump pack squad.

I was planning on swearing oath to the general astartes for the ETL. Could I vow here for the raven guard unit or no?

So I'm building a crusade army, Raven Guard will be represented in it, most likely as a jump pack squad.

I was planning on swearing oath to the general astartes for the ETL. Could I vow here for the raven guard unit or no?

Hi Focslain!

The ETL has not kicked-off yet, so what you see here is a statement of intent by the RG fans and preparation work. No official vows or commitment at this stage... ;)

While it is our goal to prepare for ETL, it is has been mentioned that many of us already have projects underway and need to clear them before focusing on our beloved Raven Guard. To that end ... I would like to invite anyone willing to promise to vow to the Raven Guard during ETL ... to participate in this event regardless of the Faction.

Hi Focslain,

Per the OP I believe the spirit of this event is to vow for the RG when the main ETL starts.

Hey all, got the flu bad, so limited brain power. Thanks to Captain Semper and thewarriorhunter for stepping up.

Focslain@ Dawn of Shadows is an event that is to encourage us to be prepped as possible within it's rules for this years ETL

Quick and short : anyone planning on Vowing for Raven Guard come ETL is welcome to participate in DoS, even it's to finish up something not Raven Guard. Just as long as your ready to pledge RG when ETL starts.

I'm going to take some dayquil and lay down now :)

So far so good :thumbsup:

Need to drill out the AC barrels still. That'll be Wednesday. I was able to magnetize the nose weapon :woot: Also, I settled on using the big missiles because they look cool.

gallery_6494_11942_891950.jpg

Wednesday will also see the start of the Vindicator, so I have two days to figure out exactly how I'm going to make it :lol:

:unsure.:

Very nice! I eventually want to add flyers into my lists but those are on the extreme back burner with everything else I need to work on.

I really agree as well.  This and the Vindicator are the last 2/3 of the vehicles I have left ... except for that Drop Pod ...

Anyways, I've learned the best time-to-point ratio for me and the ETL are vehicles and characters, so this event is perfect for me :tu:  I mean, maybe for others too, but ... well ... it's all about me ^_^

Vow 2 has been completed.

Hidden Content

Combat squad is primed gray, bases are primed black

3sZnKxC.jpg

Vow 3 will be done when I can remove Vow 2 from the corks so I can prime them. Vow 1 is mostly done, I'm waiting on the plasticard tubes and rods to arrive so I can finish working on the dreadnought leg conversion.

I need to change my vow from 1500 p Raven Guard to 1500 p imperial Fists. Me and my friend has a challenge and now we decided that each of us choose what faction the other one will paint. My ”friend” chose imperial Fists for me. As payback i chose orks for him

I need to change my vow from 1500 p Raven Guard to 1500 p imperial Fists. Me and my friend has a challenge and now we decided that each of us choose what faction the other one will paint. My ”friend” chose imperial Fists for me. As payback i chose orks for him

Well, I think you could still vow here. It's just those would not be promised to the Raven Guard.

Buuut would still be a part of the Space Marine faction in the ETL so we still win there.

Right?

Almost recovered from the flu, just poking my head. I was going to direct a query to Captain Semper along these lines because my understanding of how that works for ETL is the same.

This is a RG even though and as the organizer I'm fine with out friend Johanhgg joining the Dawn of Shadows to prep his (Raven Guard and) Imperial Fist allies :wink: Grab a banner Brother!

Edited by Inquisitor Dracos

Not at all my man. This is a completely experimental event and any clarifications or perceived fuzziness to what we are doing is in my shoulders. I absolutely have adjusted things as we go and new situations arrose. I’m just hoping to create a community friendly event to ready ourselves as a Chapter / as a Faction to help lead our Space Marine Brothers to victory in the ETL .... hell I might actually finish my Vow this year lol.

Johanhgg just gives us a list of what your looking to have prepped for ETL by April 15

Edited by Inquisitor Dracos

Not at all my man. This is a completely experimental event and any clarifications or perceived fuzziness to what we are doing is in my shoulders. I absolutely have adjusted things as we go and new situations arrose. I’m just hoping to create a community friendly event to ready ourselves as a Chapter / as a Faction to help lead our Space Marine Brothers to victory in the ETL .... hell I might actually finish my Vow this year lol.

Johanhgg just gives us a list of what your looking to have prepped for ETL by April 15

Thanks alot man!

I will finish:

Lias Issodon (vigilator, not yet arrived)

Capt. on bike

7 scoutbikes

1 leutenant

3 scout-squads

Leviathan Dreadnought

2 dev squads

2 rapier-quadbolters

It seems much, but i think i can make it with my fast paint-scheme and servitor-approach to a paintsession.

And if i fail, then so be it!

And if i fail, then so be it! I shall wear the badge of shame upon my profile for all of the frater to see. I shall know that my honor has been lost and at best I can hope to redeem myself be being jacked into a penitent engine and purging the enemies of the Raven Spire in one last blaze of glory!

Fixed that for you :wink:

WiP update - the Mastodon hull finally fits together. It's glued into two L shapes - one side is connected to the floor, one to the roof, allowing test assembly and interior painting. The front top hull plate remains loose for now until I've finalized the front bunker, so there's still an offset in the pics.

Next up are the track segments and doors, followed by the exterior parts like antenna dish and weapons/sentry posts. The parts have been cleaned of mold lines, but at least sentry posts/weapons require some modification, right now it's just blutacked to see what may fit. All FW lascannons have an ugly offset, so I'll maybe go for heavy bolters all around. It's supposed to be a command tank, it doesn't need flamers/meltas.

mastodonzusammenbau3zk0q.jpeg

mastodonsides3jes.jpegmastodontopofj61.jpegmastodonleiter8ikt4.jpeg

This WE I'll also cast new doors/front plate for the rhino, so I can finish it. Currently I'm getting delayed by work - I'll have to work abroad for the next 2  weeks, so right now I'm preparing as many primaris models as possible to use the free time in the hotel. I've painted half of my Tau in a mexican hotel's shelf (my room had no table), so with a proper desk this time I might finish the one or other primaris unit.

Nice progress MajorNese.

I have to wait on my contemptor because I ordered a pair of lascannons and auto cannons. Once those come in I'll get the lascannons primed with it for my vow. I'm hoping to pick up a second plastic contemptor on ebay at some point. That will give me four sets of weapons to pick from if I run them as Mortis.