Dawn of Shadows ETL Prep Event 2019 (2/14 thru 4/15)

Dracos

I did, they said contact them at 4 weeks. They said to wait and do it at 8 weeks. I'm waiting on a new response now. We'll see. I suppose ETL not starting yet is lucky.

Well well well! I am surprised, while the enthusiasm for most is recent, you sons of Corvus Corax have been silently building up in the Shadows. Good. Show us that determination, show us if you can try and unseat any of the big time champions this year.

A competition is nothing without challenges.

Oh yeah last years Champions you mean .... the Adeptus Astartes. ;)

I’ll see you in the battlefield Brother Hereticus .... and I’ll be doing it with 10 of those Aggressors build in Dawn of Shadows, and primered today with the great weather we had in Indiana.

I finally took the plunge and decided on a scheme for the Shadow Council. i.e. my land based Gravis armor teams. Still thinking I’ll stick with the standard scheme for the Inceptors when I start building them in June. (cross fingers)

Eyes open and safeties off Brothers, the Heretics approach ;)

Good Modellimg to you Leonite :D

Sorry about my disappearance but RL issues were getting in the way.

I failed my vow, although I've persevered with the Fallen and they were ready yesterday. It took a whole month to finish the final eight; edge highlighting really isn't my thing. I'd just finished the autocannon one on the 13th April and it took me all night just to do one model, so it was pretty despairing seeing another eight in the queue..

http://i.imgur.com/hzuZEvP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LRwLUwq.jpg

lPdr9oo.jpg

LNys6LG.jpg

ptKsGCN.jpg

BL9FFQK.jpg

A huge thanks to Dracos for organising the event. I've now got a 500 point detachment of heretics that I really hate. :smile.:

So... I won? .... on a reporting technicality? If that's the case I'll take it :tongue.: My SQL skills are now bleeding over into my hobby.

Congratulations thewarriorhunter. I'll PM you soon.

Sorry about the delay, I'll make it up to you with a bonus ETB sprue that I think you might like and you can have my assembled limited edition Primaris Lt. You might need to de-Ultramarine his sword a bit though.

Edited by longjohnsilver

I’m really liking what I hear about these Contrast Paints.

I’m pretty sure that’s the direction I’ll go if they ever true scale the Imperial Guard. My next army (eventually) will be a couple old fashion Knights and a couple Armiger Helverin as a potential Detachment for my Warhawks. Would love to do a couple Battalion of a Guard with some vehicles as support at some time though.

Goliath models could be made Imperial guard if you think the current ranges aren't good enough. I've got a box of Orlocks who will be Chaos cultists.

Also I was assembling a secret project, which will be really sick. Hopefully I can finish sculpting some details and finish the driver off so it will be ready for some stage in the ETL, but it's a 'counts-as' landspeeder and that's all I'm saying.

I personally feel like organic models benefit from the contrast paints more than armor. I was joking with a friend that GW made a line of paint specifically for painting nids faster.

This exactly. I consider it for painting exposed skin, but otherwise it doesn't make that much sense for armour. But I guess we all know more than one guy who could use it, to finally put something on the table that doesn't look like painted to 3 color tournament standard last night.

• 3 weeks later...

Brother Longjohnsilver was true to his word and I am incredibly thankful. His prize support arrived in the mail and I am humbled and blown away by the contents. I'm adding a redemptor, some intercessors, a few Sgts, and another captain model as well as good reading material.

QEh7aqNh.jpg

mqgvhUIh.jpg

Brother Dracos has delivered on his promise as well. 10 terminators will make their way to the armorium of the Spectral Sicari's flagship Masada to undergo restoration, incantations, and litanies of revival as they are prepared to be but into service for the Brotherhood of Hidden Daggers.

4n8Tpohh.jpg

EDIT: Names are hard

Edited by thewarriorhunter

Brother Dracos has delivered on his promise as well. 10 terminators will make their way to the armorium of the Spectral Sicari's flagship Masada to undergo restoration, incantations, and litanies of revival as they are prepared to be but into service for the Brotherhood of Hidden Daggers.

4n8Tpohh.jpg

Fixed. Happy to we the ol boys are in good hands. ;)

Lol, my bad. At least I got the first letter of the name correct. I have amended my post. I really do appreciate the generosity. I'm almost done with the first week at my new job so things have been kind of a whirlwind in my life. Meeting a ton of new people and trying to remember who does what and where in the company has been exhausting.

I've got some Primaris on my workbench right now but once I make some room I'll give a squad of these guys some love. There's also a ton of Cyclone Missile launchers so one of those will absolutely be going on my Contemptor.