Relics of the Armoury Painting Event

WarriorFish

Cheers!

I'm kind of just coasting along with camouflage base coats, shade and drybrush if I can get away with it without it looking too messy.

I need to learn how to do layering and highlights but each time it looks too strong. The 5 above are actually my first attempts at doing edge highlighting. One day I'll edge further than just doing Bugmans Glow for the skin too :)

right - IG hobby debt - check. state of total atrophy obtained - check. desire for the gorgeous participation badge - check.

I'll vow a Faithful Battle Tank

maybe I've soaked up a bit of the theme of the event - but im thinking about a russ that is not fully commissioned, still in a post assembly state at the manufactorum, awaiting parts or a crew.. that never arrived

here's the starting pic. confirm the presence of dust, it mocks me.

sml_gallery_80881_12688_508931.jpg

there's a chance for three times the redemption, these vows are easier said than done though eh brothers..

sml_gallery_80881_12688_194710.jpg

Edited by marcusc

Excellent stuff comrades, good to see some members of the Veteran Company returning for more glory and some new recruits eager for their slice! Don't forget your WIP shots lion and marcusc to officially start :thumbsup:

I'll aim to get my vow registered this evening, it will be a couple of HWTs I started as part of the repaint of my Guard that have been all too close to finished for far too long. For those who didn't know I repainted my Guard army... that tells you how long :laugh.:

So with this event I plan to try and complete the models for one of my soup list ideas.

When Urban Conquest was released there was rumblings of doing a campaign over the summer. With my itch to play knights as much as possible this was frowned on by my group as they had enough of the big guys during the Tales of Gamers last year.

To that I made a few IG/Knight lists to make it a more 'balanced' force. Also reading Kingblade helped.

Here is the planned list.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [47 PL, 812pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Regimental Doctrine: Regiment: Tallarn

+ HQ +

Company Commander [2 PL, 30pts]: Chainsword, Laspistol

Lord Commissar [4 PL, 35pts]: Bolt pistol, Power sword

+ Troops +

Infantry Squad [3 PL, 58pts]
. 5x Guardsman
. Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Grenade Launcher
. Guardsman w/ Vox-caster: Vox-caster
. Heavy Weapon Team: Autocannon
. Sergeant: Laspistol

. 5x Guardsman

. 5x Guardsman

+ Elites +

Tech-Priest Enginseer [2 PL, 30pts]

+ Fast Attack +

Armoured Sentinels [6 PL, 95pts]
. Armoured Sentinel: Lascannon
. Armoured Sentinel: Missile Launcher

Armoured Sentinels [6 PL, 80pts]
. Armoured Sentinel: Autocannon
. Armoured Sentinel: Autocannon

+ Heavy Support +

Heavy Weapons Squad [3 PL, 33pts]
. Heavy Weapon Team: Mortar

+ Flyer +

Thunderbolt Heavy Fighter [15 PL, 335pts]: 4 Hellstrike Missiles, 2x Twin autocannon, Twin lascannon

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [26 PL, 428pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Regimental Doctrine: Tallern

+ Lord of War +

Stormlord [26 PL, 428pts]: 2x Heavy stubber, Twin heavy bolter

++ Super-Heavy Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Imperial Knights) [41 PL, 760pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Household Choice: House Taranis, Questor Mechanicus

+ Lord of War +

Armiger Helverins [9 PL, 172pts]
. Armiger Helverin: Heavy Stubber

Armiger Warglaives [9 PL, 162pts]
. Armiger Warglaive: Heavy Stubber

Knight Warden [23 PL, 426pts]: Character (Knight Lance), Heavy Stubber, Reaper Chainsword, Twin Icarus Autocannon
. Avenger Gatling Cannon w/ Heavy Flamer: Avenger Gatling Cannon, Heavy Flamer

++ Total: [114 PL, 2000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Of this list I have most already done. From my count I need to do the following:

Company Commander
Lord Commissar
Stormlord
3 Sentinals (LC, ML, and AC)
squad markings on all infantry

So we will take these in steps, first up the transport.

I, Focslain, vow to complete painting Stormlord by event's end or suffer the same of my regiment.

Stormlordwip

Edited by Focslain

I have been working on this infantry squad (and the platoon commander too!) for a while, I suppose this is a good excuse to finally get them done! I think I'll start with this and add another squad or vehicle as time/life allows.

med_gallery_84735_15232_1241819.jpg

To do:

-armor needs to be finished

-weapons need finished

-bases need to be done

-faces/skin/hair needs to be finished

-camo needs to be done on the sergeant and one other dude

-vox caster needs primed and painted

Time for me to start: two HWTs that stalled during the repainting crusade:

gallery_30308_10604_10504.jpg

Before anyone says anything; no that's not my bad camera or shoddy photography skills - it's dust :laugh.: I repainted my Guard years ago and these have just sort of sat around (I also repainted my Marines at the same time, I can strongly recommend not doing the same :tongue.: ). What better start to the event than correcting this wrong? :smile.:

I suppose the start is actually dusting them off before I get any paint on them, technically...

Right then...I will pledge to assemble and paint my Marauder Destroyer and paint it to the best of my paltry abilities. It's currently had all the extra resin bits removed and has been cleaned but beyond that it's entirely unassembled. I think it's also missing part of the inside of the cockpit, but I'll try to get that from FW customer support.

I won't be able to start on it until April because until then I need March to get my army into shape for a tournament.

Pic to follow hopefully tonight.

Edited by sairence

Yeah mine aren't too bad as they just needed the detailing bits doing.

I have 6 mortar teams I bought off ebay which need stripping and basing removed which I dread starting!

Good to see more models ready for paint and a good showing from the Veteran Company :biggrin.:

If you knew the true scale of the pile of un-built plastic in my apartment... well, here goes. I pledge the twins, Regicide and Genocide:

Sounds like one Basilisk vastly outperforms the other? :laugh.::wink:

The vow list is up to date once more. I've been waylaid this weekend but I've got plans to piggle away during the evenings. Onwards to glory comrades!