Relics of the Armoury Painting Event

WarriorFish

At ease Captain! :biggrin.: Welcome to the barracks, am I correct that these are 3 Infantry Squads ready to start your vow? Looks like they're almost there so one final push should see them done! :) The camouflage scheme looks nice too, so hopefully their completion shot is a bit less blurry so we can see it properly - makes my photos look good :laugh.::wink:

*the captain stands at ease*

Thank you, SIR!

:D

Yes please, they are indeed 3 full infantry squads (1 plasma, 2 flamers) and 3 sergeants (bolt pistol, 2 laspistol, 3 chainsword)

Plus there are a couple of cheeky chappies with Goliath stub cannons that will be part of a command squad when I get round to making it!

So 32 guardsmen altogether!

When they are done I’ll photograph each squad individually (had to sit back to get them all in) and although I can’t promise better quality I will certainly try! (...Or maybe the camo pattern is just too good?!? ;) :p )

Thanks for letting me join in this late into the event, hopefully I can get a few more things done and dusted before the end!

Phew...

ok, i'll do it!

I'm not sure it my roject ACTUALLY qualifies - but since i took a 4 month break since christmas, i guess it does :happy.:

I started last week again with weathering and "last" details on three tanks that should me possible to finish until end of may.

And before someone shouts "cheater - those are already finished!" - No. They are not. I assume it will take at least 8 more hours - more likely 12 or more.

All tanks are in the same stage of painting with the first steps of weathering.

To be done yet:

- finish chipping

- add grime & mud

- add dust

- finish details

- paint secondary weapon options

Basilisk:

gallery_20618_14115_8479.jpg

Macharius Vulcan

gallery_20618_14115_33333.jpg

gallery_20618_14115_692.jpg

Leman Russ Punisher / Chimera

(alternate Turret for Chimera, Sponson options for LR)

gallery_20618_14115_27002.jpg

So I've been largerly distracted by RL. Work continues however.

guard wip2

The Stormlords first battle had it lasting two turns against two aquila strongpoints and a fortress of redemption but delivered it's cargo of 3 infantry squads, a company commander, a lord commissar, a evesor and a culexus assassin to the front at the cost of 6 guardsmen.

And yes thinking on it now I know the assassins couldn't ride in it, but narrative and the guy running said sure without either of us thinking.

I have put the final touches on my pledged commander tonight. Pictures are below.

Carsun Commander (Front)

Carsun Commander (Right)

Carsun Commander (Left)

Given that ANZAC day was last Thursday it seemed an appropriate time to finish him. I must say that, despite there being several areas where I could have done better, I am very pleased with the result. Thank you for the painting event helping me to complete this!

Cas

Edited by Bro Castiel

He's a fine vow, the highlights are very nicely done so he'll no doubt perform admirably on the table top for you - well done! :tu:

They certainly do count Highlander, I've registered them as your opening vow :) Fear not for the commissariat is very good at providing nudges ;)

Been quiet for a while here, it's been a busy few weeks. Nevertheless I have some progres to report to the Commissariat!

gallery_114403_15335_931163.jpg

gallery_114403_15335_189982.jpg

gallery_114403_15335_1063114.jpg

gallery_114403_15335_1126334.jpg

The cockpit section will also become black on the outside. Not entirely sure if I'll keep it exactly like this. I will potentially have the main body black as well with a red stripe starting under the wings. I had this idea of using some paper-tape to cover it while spraying but my first attempt has actually pulled some spots off paint off again, which was annoying. I might leave the rear red entirely, I kind of like the way it looks atm too. :)

I'm also quite please with the wing assembly:

gallery_114403_15335_720982.jpg

It's a short fibre glass rod and a few magnets built into the engines and body and looks like it'll hold the weight of the wings nicely. I'll glue the wings just to the engines in the end and can remove those bits for easier storage and transport. :)

I've also been working on a new Company Commander:

gallery_114403_15335_781718.jpg

gallery_114403_15335_1284453.jpg

The Hololith is done, the Officer himself still needs a lot of work. :)

I can't seem to find the right link from the album to share. Should I use the bbcode or the html-one instead of the image link?

Edit: images should be good now

Edited by sairence

What do you use to varnish big models like this? It's something i've been trying to figure out...just taking a a brush to them seems like it would take a while.

I’m running 50/50 thinner to gloss varnish through my airbrush at 25psi. Thin coats and it’s golden and ready for decals/oils/enamels/ etc:)