Out of the Dust, into the Spire. My Necromunda journey

To get me started back in the hobby I bought myself the Necromunda box. It had all the models I'd need to make a good start on a project I'd envisioned for a while.

I've already blocked out the first few models for both the starting gang's (I wanted to make enough to play the introduction scenario quickly). Though eventually they might all team up as a chaos or GSC gang depending how I tailor the paint scheme.

Here are the first of the Escher.

20190603_095057_zpshsf2xumf.jpg

258edce4-3b58-412b-98c1-949f7575e43e-ori

fb1d4db2-fd90-47ad-95fc-e10e58785f00-ori

e25b6b94-5a18-49d4-9a06-6bfdd77defbb-ori

Edited by The Gentle Axeman

Sweet start, I see lots of potential!

The bits used for the conversions are great, if only the tiniest bit too small - but it doesn't look off at all. Quite the contrary, to me it looks just a bit more creepy, which I guess is most welcome. :laugh.:

I am definitely looking forward to where this goes, bring it on! :thumbsup:

These look really stellar so far! Can't wait to see more!

Thanks, I have 2 more Escher and my first 4 Goliath to come, just organising my photos (hopefully I can work on getting better pics as time goes on).

Sweet start, I see lots of potential!

The bits used for the conversions are great, if only the tiniest bit too small - but it doesn't look off at all. Quite the contrary, to me it looks just a bit more creepy, which I guess is most welcome. :lol:

I am definitely looking forward to where this goes, bring it on! :tu:

The scale is off, because they aren't heroic scale, so they end up being taller than GW figures bit with tiny hands and feet, I took a lot of material out of the midline of the girl walking with the lasgun to make her shorter and she's still way taller than a normal escher. Thata why I raised the other lass up on her base to compensate.

Amazing conversions!

What are the origins of the non-escher bits if I may ask?

Thanks Greenscorpion

Amazing conversions!

What are the origins of the non-escher bits if I may ask?

Looks like Kingdom Death parts.
Aye, all from the unarmored sprue from Kimgdom Death. Amazing models and the one stash of abundant bits I have, though not alprt more will be of use to this project. I just finished an Escher juve who will likely be the last major use of KD bits.

Some fantastic conversions in here! Keep it coming. :)

Thanks Brother, hope the rest will be as good, I'm stumbling around trying to think of ways to make more with the limited bitz I have. I moved onto starting the male half of the box as an easy break.

So here are the first 2 WIP of the Goliaths.

6804b2bc-5897-4fa8-a6ba-5d99b3031344-ori

431ff6f7-0f93-443d-a26c-2edd44ef69c3-ori

139cf44a-3c53-4e85-936c-ce259b829418-ori

Still trying to decide if they need more gubbinz, (belts, pouches, tools, etc.)

Edited by The Gentle Axeman

I only get a couple of hours a week to paint on a Sunday afternoon. This week I managed to get most of this lass done. Still plenty to do, the oil mask needs rework, also the pictures wash out the purple and orange in the skin tones. I'll try and get better of the finished model.

9c04dcef-eb2b-45b3-919c-35cc54f23cae-ori

She is amazing already! If you hadn't said anything I would have taken her as finished. Now I want to see what else you have to offer. :D

Cheers Darnok, it's mostly her boots back and a load of dirtying up left to do, the latter is something I'm worried about as I've always been a careful painter and want to try out a darker/more weatherd thing on this necro stuff.

Forgot to post these 2 the other day, gun is just blue tac'd on the first and still deciding on a pistol arm for the second dude, the goliath sprue is woefully short on them. Also his chest is really rough but he'll be getting a bandana over most of it.

77498829-98b5-4e97-a38e-b4e96a9585f3-ori

eaac93a0-b49a-40cd-8266-c3358a0a90de-ori

Added a juve to the Escher line up, she's my favorite so far and likely the last of the KD conversions. She'll likely receive some more bits and pieces. The dangling skull thing might change, I'm thinking it's a holy symbol of some kind to the mighty V8.

ed0728fb-b283-4580-87b5-6c22dfc0c376-ori

4295110c-3076-47c9-8106-a287ef0613cb-ori

Very open to Cand C.

Lovely buildy once more! :thumbsup:

May I suggest a different image hosting service though? That Photobucket advert plastered over every single image is really annoying.

Really liking the models, but also in agreement with the Photobucket watermark being problematic with the models.

Oh, we can see it, which is a real shame 'cause you're putting up some good work. Might I suggest Imgur for you image hosting needs? Been using it for over 7 years with no problems. 

Seconding Imgur. I've been using it since I started posting on B&C.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up some technical paint to help with the basing issue I was having, new paint inspired a little late painting session. Got my champion almost finished.

Ended up plunking her on her base before it was done to see how she looked. I'm pretty happy, but would value any areas people think need changing or more work. I cant decide how to paint the pipe thing she's holding or if I should do more on her hip lamp/power pack.

jsj3bsr.jpg

EoiIqQC.jpg

Oh my word, she is stunning! Great work on her eyes.....I think I'm in love :wink:

I can see your dilemma over the pipe, she has such subtle colouring that anything too colourful will detract from her subdued colouring. I was thinking a rusty metallic but I'm not sure if that would help to frame her or just detract from her? Maybe a dull grey highlight or leave it as it is?

Whatever you decide, she is one lovely looking model....Bravo!