Out of the Dust, into the Spire. My Necromunda journey

Thanks Casigator,

Looking more closely t the pics and the model (in daylight now), I reckon I'll tone down the verdigris spots and up the orange rust a little. I'd like to try and get a touch more blue into the model somewhere.

There is a better shot of the offending pipe.

SaDdfyY.jpg

Verdigris only happens with copper, brass, and bronze and looks really out of place on silver metals. I recently tried out some rust washes from the Vallejo Mecha line that you can see here and would probably be a big help to anyone wanting an easy way to add some rust tones to their models. 

Thanks for the tip BC Kage,

I had planned on brassing the rivets but realised that it still looks out of place. I've finished her off now and covered over the verdigris.

I really like the results you achieved with those rust paints, I'll have to look into getting some.

Aye, the kroot rifle ganger will be The Valkyrie, the hooded juve will be Toast and the lasgun lass will be The Dag, I'll try and figure out how to make some of the older mothers at some point and there will be motorbikes too. Start#ed a Nux hired gun and I'll need some orlock bits to make Max.

For the Goliaths, I've got Rictus built, with Split well on the way, definatly looking forward to doing a very grim version of Scrotus in a floating chair. Immortan Joe will be a passion project later in the piece.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I just saw your Furiosa conversion in "pick your favorite for Everchosen". Nice :tu:

The real question is how that one was legal because of the non-GW head..... :lol: Prolly because it looks close enough to a standard GW head

• 2 weeks later...

So, I just saw your Furiosa conversion in "pick your favorite for Everchosen". Nice :tu:

The real question is how that one was legal because of the non-GW head..... :lol: Prolly because it looks close enough to a standard G

Well I figured it wouldn't ever be an issue because I'd not do very well and just chucked her in as she was my only fully painted GW (mostly) mini. If I win the whole thing I promise I'll come clean and give up my trip to England.

Been busy with a couple commissions and a nice trip across to Melbourne, so had no time for my own stuff recently.

However I just found a local club is starting a campaign so I need one of these gangs battle ready in a couple of weeks.

Decided on the Escher as they are quicker to build.

I need the community's help finishing my starter list!

I want to stay WYSIWYG so the basic list has to use what I've built so far.

Ganger

Chinsword

Laspistol

Respirator

Leader (Could be gaanger)

Lasgun

Stiletto knife

Ganger

Lasgun

StubHub

Ganger (could be juve)

Auto pistol

Knife

Ganger

Shotgun

Champion

Plasma pistol

Shotgun

Spring up

Champion

Needle rifle

StubHub

Marksman (woman)

Got about 250 creds left and enough bits to make just about anything. I only had the leader equipped that way so I could use furiosa as the leader but I'm happy to demote her.

No whips please, it doesn't fit the theme.

So, I just saw your Furiosa conversion in "pick your favorite for Everchosen". Nice :thumbsup:

The real question is how that one was legal because of the non-GW head..... :laugh.: Prolly because it looks close enough to a standard G

Well I figured it wouldn't ever be an issue because I'd not do very well and just chucked her in as she was my only fully painted GW (mostly) mini. If I win the whole thing I promise I'll come clean and give up my trip to England.

I mean, I saw some models with Forge World bits (which, by the rules are also disallowed), so I think the 'rules' are quite lax.... :lol:

Unfortunately, I can't comment on the list, as I don't (yet) play Necromunda. I do think the models look good though :tu:

I added a ganger with a chem thrower, because it was easy to build one more model than 2 or 3 and also they look cool.

Had my first practice game at 1000cr and was handily defeated, but I took out a few key members of the opposing gang.

I feel like my ladies might be over geared, also I was over brave commiting to combat early.

His list was orlock, 4x autogun, 4x combat shotgun, leader with a claw/fist and a champ with heavy stubber.

I was out manned and out gunned then squashed.

Needle rifle champ was good as was reliable pinning with the leaders lasgun.

Probably drop some combat gear and buy a juve.