Iron Hands Log - Praevian

All of the models look fantastic, but the new librarian is a step beyond. Most psykers are either in some weird spell-casting pose and/or dripping with accessories. This figure evokes the nature of the librarian without doing either of those things. 

The glowing hands are a neat choice too, I may have to steal that idea. 

@frankendoodle65 Thanks a lot for the kind words, I've been a big fan of your hobby projects. I believe it's just the crown of a Stormcast Eternal.

@Prim Cheers! I've become a drybrush OSL addict since the Shadowsword paint job, plus it was a simple way to indicate his role. The pose just came naturally, there are very few opportunities to build a marine simply walking forwards, so I knew I needed to use it for a character.

Agree the Librarian looks excellent! Think the understated look suits the legion perfectly.

Also just love the work on the infantry, think black is such a difficult colour to work with and you have managed to make all of the miniatures draw the eye and look interesting!

That leviathan looks brutal, I love it. The gritty paintjob, colour choices, weathering and base all come together beautifully, it really looks like he's been through hell. The blue osl is really nice too, mind sharing your process? 

And thanks for identifying the stormcast bit on the librarian, I can't say I pay much attention to AoS minis so a lot of good bits probably pass me by.

@Varyn  Shame about the Emperor's Children, I always love to see third legion projects. The Ravens are cool though, looking forward to seeing some of those pop up on here! Next up for me is another five Immortals to make the squad playable, and a Kratos which I've been itching to paint since release day!

@frankendoodle65 Thanks! He's a menacing brute for sure. The OSL is just simple drybrushing, starting with Incubi darkness across the entire radius of the glow, then a smaller area in a mix of Incubi and Sotek Green, pure Sotek in a reduced area and then close to the source with Sotek and Baharroth Blue. The source itself uses the same colours but blended, rather than drybrushed. For smaller sources and glow radii, the mixed paint steps aren't needed, you can transition straight between each colour. Think I actually got that Stormcast as a freebie from a GW store!

• 3 months later...

Been quite a while since the last post on here! I have been getting plenty of hobby done however, there's a Kratos painted in subassemblies, just awaiting final details and now some veteran marines:

large.Group.jpg.b3c9c81324a3249c6e813b621fb29ed6.jpg

large.Running.jpg.4f1346dd6fd14f2916b12760944f653d.jpg

large.ChainPack.jpg.f9a83c985e24cc6b6c5c5b096eed090c.jpg

Very chuffed with the running chap, though he still needs his legion shoulder guard. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you @Torbenos!  I had fun with the bolter idea, seemed a bit more interesting than just having them all mag-locked on. And aye, that's an old tactical/devastator missile pack. It was really perfect for the job, and the addition of the power unit over the more obvious part of the missile rack helped make it fit in (I hope!).

Gorgeous tank Pearson - if I have one comment, it's that maybe some of the whites look too white, if you know what I mean, they're quite stark and clean against the gritty grimy black. I think the white that you've used at the battlecannon muzzle looks perfect. regardless, its awesome. 

• 4 weeks later...

Veterans and Techmarines are almost painted up, here's a preview of the running chap. Very happy with the face, even though larger images show up the deficiencies! 

large.IMG_20230110_215330.jpg.76c76b2da64b020b14e5c6b6e9c3f900.jpg

@Xenith Cheers! Thanks for your comment, the white is grimier in person, I'm taking photos without a filter over my painting lamp, so the reflection is harsh, but I might go back over and dirty the hatches up a bit more.

@Brother Clavero Almost all of the damage is done with a simple scalpel, occasionally I'll use a drill too. Resin is much much nicer to work with in this regard, as it's softer than plastic and it's easy to chip away and texture. I typically twizzle the knife point and then cut small triangles out around the hole. Or just pick tiny pieces out of the armour surface. 

Edited by Pearson73