Psychic Awakening: What do you want to see?

MasterDeath

Khornate access to mortal wounds, an FNP for more than one warlord, advance and charge, tougher bloodthirsters, and strategems worth a damn that aren't just banner of blood and fight again.

Maybe a bloodtithe or blood prayer mechanic that gives them these things, and change bloodthirsters so they all gain more attacks as they're wounded? Then strats that let slain bloodthirsters come back with X amount of wounds like a knight and heal when they murder.

I'd like something that negates overwatch, even if it is once per battle.

If we are comparing to PA5’s guard strats and the trend of buffing units that don’t see much action, I guess the following changes/strats

Furies will be the new hotness. Hurry and buy while the stock lasts

Chariots from Khorne, Slaanesh and Tzeentch (I’ll group Khorne’s throne and cannon in here).

Beasts of Nurgle

Drones (might be a local meta thing, but I have not seen them on the table in ages)

Screamers, while I do not miss the invisible, 2++ screamerstars, I would like to see some screamers on the table.

Oh Furies will definitely see one or two neat Stratagems. They just got new awesome models and nobody wants to play them. Whether the Stratagems will change that is questionable though. The Kroot Stratagems are nice but ultimately don't change anything either.

Yeah I'd like to use my screamers more. Sometimes I force myself to include 5 or so in a list but unfortunately they don't do much more than a few bolter shots can do at range.

If their flyover ability was more dangerous, I think folks would take them.. but I very much doubt we can expect sweeping datasheet changes.

If a Tzeentch detachment got the -1 to hit thing in melee I might throw screamers into combat more and then we might see them on the table.

Edited by Archaeinox

• 1 month later...

Since Engine Wars got delayed I am still guessing and thinking about what rules might help our Deamons. One thing that came to my mind:

There are some Stratagems that boost a character, like Chapter Master does.

Do you think this might help our big boys? Like paying CP to give a greater daemon a 4++, +1S and +1T or something like that?

There's already a Stratagem to increase the invulnerable save so I can't see it being doubled up? Also Greater Daemons should have a 4++ anyway, or something to make them less squishy :tongue.: Trouble is that any new Stratagems will probably suffer the same as the codex ones in that a divide for gods means that you don't get many you can use :confused:

I'm not sure if there'd be anything for making characters more special as despite the named ones it hasn't really been that much of a thing for daemons? Probably because they don't have the options other armies get, but it would be nice to add a bit more character to daemon characters.

There's already a Stratagem to increase the invulnerable save so I can't see it being doubled up? Also Greater Daemons should have a 4++ anyway, or something to make them less squishy :tongue.: Trouble is that any new Stratagems will probably suffer the same as the codex ones in that a divide for gods means that you don't get many you can use :confused:

Ah sorry, I meant a Stratagem that will be used before the game starts and the bonus last for the whole game, not just 1 Phase.

Ah sorry, I meant a Stratagem that will be used before the game starts and the bonus last for the whole game, not just 1 Phase.

I could see it happening, like with Red Butchers for World Eaters.

Not having any news at all about Engine War is killing me :(

I could see it happening, like with Red Butchers for World Eaters.

Not having any news at all about Engine War is killing me :(

What I’d give for a stratagem to make my bloodthirster like ghazkull for a turn (ie max 4w a phase)!

I blame Ad Mech. My wild speculation is GW doesn’t want to promote the book until they can sell their new fancy dog horses.

I’m holding onto hope for the return of blood tithe rules.

New warlord traits for khorne would be great. They’re pretty lackluster.

Getting some access to deny overwatch and/or locking units into close combat would be a big boost as well.

Daemons are in an odd spot.

As a supplementary force they really are top-tier, but (like man armies) there's a long list of "So bad it's not worth taking". And that's a lot of the cool units.

I'm extremely pessimistic that any supplement can fix the issues. As a lot of them come from the rule book.

I think the best we can hope for is some stratagems that allow us to use 1 or 2 of the units which is currently unplayable, but it's a lottery if that's a unit you own or want to use.

So i've been thinking, and what i think the dex needs most is a delivery method for reasons i don't think I need to go in.

Here's my idea.

Replaces Deamnoic Incursion 

1 CP/2 CP

Is used "before the start" of the battle, so can be duplicated.

Each use generates a warp rift. At the start of the battle (after both armies have deployed and before the 1st turn) a token 2" across is used to represent the rift. They can be placed anywhere on the board outside of your opponents deployment zone.

At the start of each turn before the movement phase you must roll a D6, on the roll of a 1 your opponent may move the rift D6" in any direction, on a 2 they may move it D3" in any direction. On a 3,4,5 you may move it D3" in any direction and on a 6 you may move D6" in any direction. The rift cannot be moved off the board, on to impassible terrain, or within 2" of an objective token,  while it may be moved "over" units it cannot  end it's moved with 2" of any model, friend of foe. 

Any unit (friend of foe) the rift moves over suffers D6 mortal wounds for a unit under 10 models and 6 for unit with 10 or more.

When a unit arrives in reserve with the "Chaos Deamons" keyword it may arrive enter the board via any a rift portal, this consumes the portal. Place the 1st model on the counter, each subsequent modle must be placed as close to the 1st model as possible in a circular fashion. Every model in the unit must be a least 2" away from enemy models, excess models are slain. 1 CP for 1-8 Power 2 CP allows 9+. 

I think it may need some tidying up as it's a bit wordy but the key points are

The "warp rift" represents a visual que, both the the player and in the "real" world. 

The  telegraphing of the visual aid allows opponent to attempt to move away from the rift

The removal of the the 9" entry restriction counter acts "bubbling", which complexity shuts down deepstrking

The mortal wound potential mitigates the idea of swamping the tokens to prevent entry.  - Though some very large armies with enough sacrificial units may still be able to do this.

Like i said it's a bit too wordy but i think something like this is what the dex needs as it needs away to get up the board past the ways that are currently piratical.

Edited by Battle Brother Abderus

Well, looks like the hype train is starting back up for Engine War. There's still no release date, but the fact that they're going to start previewing the AdMech units in the book means we're probably a few weeks away from the preorder date.

Nids got a good boost.

The relics Are crazy good and the adaptive physiologies are great as well. Many of the strats are strong and the psychic powers are decent (some are bad). The fleet adaptations on the other hand have quite a few meh.

If daemons get that many new useful rules, strats ect, I’ll be happy.

Genestealers did get a bit of a raw deal, but our ‘dex was hella strong anyways so we didn’t need much. Don’t lose hope before there’s a reason.

Does anyone else feel like Daemons are getting a bit of a "back-ended" deal here.

It feels like GW is focusing loads in Ad-mech and Daemons are kind of in a "oh and by the way" state.

Preparing self for disappointment. 

It seems that each of the PA books has a specific army that gets more of the “love”’when it comes to the attention spent.

With Ad Mech getting several new kits it wouldn’t be a surprise to find out they got most of the rules writing attention. We’ve also got imperial knight and chaos knight rules as well.

Of course we’ve also only gotten a small amount of content leaked, so there’s still hope. Can’t be worse then DeathWatch, right?

Does anyone else feel like Daemons are getting a bit of a "back-ended" deal here.

It feels like GW is focusing loads in Ad-mech and Daemons are kind of in a "oh and by the way" state.

Preparing self for disappointment. 

That was my expectation as soon as I saw we were in a book with AdMech, Knights and Chaos Knights. Daemons were always going to be the NPC faction in such a book.

Still, even just a handful of extra strats and warlord traits is all I need. I'm easy to please.

Still, even just a handful of extra strats and warlord traits is all I need. I'm easy to please.

Daemons need a lot of work at the moment our delivery methods are very poor. 

Running across the board is probably the best.

Nurgle can do it, but that's net less effective than it used to be with points changes

Slaanesh can sort of do it with lots of if's and but's

Tzeencth and Khorne can't.

Deepstriking is too easy to counter and eats command points

Tzeentch is probably the best, followed by Khrone, however it's not a "good" way to play, just the least worse way.

Slaanesh and Nurlgle don't benefit as much.

What we need is a delivery methods that balances our need to get into CC but gives other armies a chance to avoid it.

• 3 weeks later...