Black Blow Fly’s Iron Hands Project

Black Blow Fly

What backstory did you write for the "old man"? An honored veteran so old, he'd be a Venerable Dreadnought if he wasn't too stubborn to die?

Is his Terminator armor a relic of the Great Crusade- possibly belonging to a Morlock, one of Ferrus Manus' own honor guards, who fell in the Drop Site Massacre- and its patchwork appearance due to the "old man's" desperate attempts to keep this relic operational, i.e., fit for battle? Has the armor's machine spirit influenced his mind, sharing its recordings of its previous wearer's last moments, to the point the "old man" thinks these recordings are his own memories, and he is the long-dead Morlock?

He’s a survivor of the Ivstann drop site massacre and personally witnessed the death of his Primarch at the hands of Fulgrim. He carries a flamer weapon since his sight isn’t so good anymore. A bit more machine than human. His armor and bionics harken back to the Heresy which might explain him still being alive.

Next project - My Chief Librarian...

F365-BDBF-EA72-4-C70-8565-09-BFA2-A1-FD2

My canon for Skalligrim is he hails from the Heresy era and was trapped in a tesseract for a millennium. Through sheer will and purity of thought he managed to survive and escape at the onset of the destruction of Cadia which released a savage echo through the warp.