2019/2020 B&C Dice Poll #8 =][= FINAL =][=

Brother Tyler

Final Design  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've received two variations of revised die designs from Q Workshop.

In this poll, we will vote for the final design that will become the standard B&C dice (recurring orders over the years with different color options offered each year).

The difference between the two designs is the 1-5 faces, with skulls as pips -or- skulls in pips as the alternatives.

Option 1: Skulls

med_gallery_26_6764_7306.png

med_gallery_26_6764_2838.png

med_gallery_26_6764_6538.png

med_gallery_26_6764_4610.png

med_gallery_26_6764_8347.png

Option 2: Skulls in Pips

med_gallery_26_6764_4451.png

med_gallery_26_6764_2684.png

med_gallery_26_6764_4895.png

med_gallery_26_6764_4945.png

med_gallery_26_6764_2740.png

Note that the actual graphics are much better. The results you see above are the result of Q Workshop developing the nice vector graphic. That graphic is then converted to a .pdf format and sent to me. I then convert that to a .jpg format, which goes through a .psd format before being finalized into the .png format you see. The designs are actually much cleaner, but I don't have the time to make it look as sexy as it really is.

Although most people are sitting at home trying to flatten the curve, some of us (not me) are essential and, as a result, very busy, so I'll give this poll until Saturday, April 25, 2020 in order to give everyone time to consider their options and vote.

Even if you aren't buying dice this time around, please vote. As I said above, this will be our standard die design, with different color combinations offered in different years. Consider how the design might look in colors that you're interested in so that you're voting for the possibility of other color combinations using the same design later.

I fully expect to see the estimates change once we have finalized our selection, and that goes both ways. Some people that haven't ordered may order dice if we get the design they like. Conversely, I expect some to reduce/drop out entirely. Ultimately, since this will be our standard design, I'm more concerned with the long term broad interest in the design rather than the short term interest of the design with these particular color combinations.

Edited by Brother Tyler
Updated date (I had April 24 as the deadline)

The skulls-as-pips skull design looks different and new when compared the one on the skulls-in-pips which is more in line with the B&C logo's skull design. I'm assuming that the final skull design will be the former rather than the latter, regardless of the poll outcome?

The skulls-in-pips looks less readable to me, you’re basically trying to visualize these thin rings from across the table. Not sure I necessarily like the skulls image, but they look more readable (although it would be nice if they were a bit bigger).

For some reason that I can't fathom, I had "Saturday April 24, 2020" as the deadline. That Saturday is actually the 25th. I've fixed the date in the post (it remains that Saturday the 25th) and submit myself to the pain glove for re-education.

We have a clear winner with the skulls. I'll work with Q Workshop to revise the skull design back to the Legio skull (rather than the more common skull design they used in the draft). I'll post the finished version here once Q Workshop sends it back.