Mithril’s - Ork Waaaaagh:

MithrilForge

Great work, I like the basing!

Thanks, the bases are really quick and easy to paint and give a decent enough look, it’s much quicker to get Averland down on a white undercoated base so 2 quick coats of it looks great!.

Cheers, Mithril

ok, i got the Deffkilla Wartrike together finally, was it just me or didi anyone else who's ever made one of these have a dickens of a time getting parts to fit :ohmy.:

I had to chop extra channels on some parts and widen spots, some parts had me even wonder if it was supposed to fit there !?, anyways its together and ready for paint, I added a 44 gallon drum to the front as a makeshift fender then added some spikes and pipes to make it look "Orky" ramshackle, I also gave the fuel grot, now known affectionately as "Jerry" a German helmet from an old half used Tamiya kit that was laying around collecting dust.

Hopefully the weather is good enough tomorrow to permit some Undercoat to be sprayed :thumbsup:

med_gallery_9146_3140_432165.jpg

"Jerry" the Fuel Grot :biggrin.:

med_gallery_9146_3140_103473.jpg

Cheers, Mithril

Edited by MithrilForge

inspiring work - I've lost motivation a bit at the moment but starting to feel the itch to grab a paint brush again seeing your work (I have to finish whats on my 'painting table' before I allow myself to build anything else e.g. the Nobz I have from PotW)

@ the chaplain - I will egt a better pic today and post it up for you

@Ihg033 - thanks, I got inspired by all the cool orks here as well, warbringers, toaee, krakendoomcool, kierdale … and many more !!

I've been working on the bases for the Scrap-jet & the Trike (need to finish them before I put paint on the trike)

here's the WiP of the base - and with paint. yellow industrial metal will be on every base for this army.

med_gallery_9146_3140_439806.jpg

med_gallery_9146_3140_55954.jpg

now I just have to finish the scrap-jet today and pin it to the base.

cheers, Mithril

Edited by MithrilForge

Alright, as promised (to Myself) i pulled out the stops and Finished the ScrapJet and it's done and based, now this model is so cool and full of detail that I easily could have spent another 10 + hours painting details like extreme weathering and lots of highlights and colours with subtle shade changes...but that's not what this army is about...it's a speed painting Waaaagh !!!:laugh.: so it's tabletop ready and that's another unit done !, I'm feeling great about my level of quality Vs Speed and the fact I'm actually getting stuff finished.

so here are some pics of my First Ork Vehicle for 2020 !!

med_gallery_9146_3140_257544.jpg

med_gallery_9146_3140_12610.jpg

med_gallery_9146_3140_19026.jpg

Well another unit down, if all goes to plan...its the Nobz Unit next, then the Warboss on Trike after that.

Cheers, Mithril

Edited by MithrilForge

Wow the coloring on that scrapjet is beautiful!

And I like the base, what materials did you make it with?

The Base was made with the old Imperial terrain floor tiles i had left over from making ruined buildings i just glued them to the base and put Agrellan badlands around them... hey presto :biggrin.:

Cheers, Mithril

the scrapjet is fantastic - nice level of deathskulls stuff to show it has been 'borrowed' without going nuts and still plenty of red to make it go fasta!

My only gripe, and I completely get why as you are speed painting, is that the black wheels look too clean against the base. That would be a slippery slope though to more and more weathering.

the scrapjet is fantastic - nice level of deathskulls stuff to show it has been 'borrowed' without going nuts and still plenty of red to make it go fasta!

My only gripe, and I completely get why as you are speed painting, is that the black wheels look too clean against the base. That would be a slippery slope though to more and more weathering.

No worries, After I finished I  highlighted the wheels after i based it :wink:

Mithril

On 8/5/2020 at 5:49 PM, Warbringer said:

Great work here Mithril really love that scrapjet the red is beautiful proper mek speshul fresh of the factory floor.

Hey Thanks, Yeah it is a bit too neat isn't it :tongue: after I have finished my 25 power I might go back and weather it a bit, no Ork vehicle should ever be that clean :laugh.:

Cheers, Mithril

Edited by MithrilForge
fixed broken emoji

Quick Update-

working slowly on the Nobz unit but also i'm getting the unit of gretchin done as well, I've finished half of the unit, need some washes on the bases but otherwise, they're pretty much done, better group pic when they are all finished...

they were fun to paint, cheeky little scamps :tongue:

med_gallery_9146_3140_110200.jpg

Cheers, Mithril

Edited by MithrilForge
fixed broken emoji

Okay, we have the unit of Gretchin finally finished, I still need to finish the Runtherd but that's ok...

here are the little rascals...

med_gallery_9146_3140_249806.jpg

and this pic so you can sorta see they boys in the back...

med_gallery_9146_3140_238543.jpg

they were fun to paint...wouldn't want to do like 100 of em though ...

anyways... I think I'll start on the wartrike before the Nobz cause I deserve a treat for doing a second troop unit :sweat:

cheers, Mithril

Edited by MithrilForge

Thanks Warbringer, i'm sure you'll do em right Proppa :thumbsup:

Here's todays WiP , working on the Wartrike..gee there's heaps of detail, you could spend days and days on this.... but not when your on a Speed Paint Waaaaagh :biggrin.: .…

overall progress, trike nearly done and working on the Crew...

med_gallery_9146_3140_131902.jpg

Rear shot- (do these tires make my bum look big ???...:ermm: )

med_gallery_9146_3140_95656.jpg

And WiP on the driver (Frank :tongue.: ) * I tried, (note tried) to do senmm on his glasses like KrakendoomCool did on his burna bomma pilot (awesome work there btw) they are so damn small ...perhaps next time I try it ill look for bigger shades.

anyway here's Frank - (I only just noticed that I've put a dot of white on his left Lense when I was painting the mask :confused:!)

med_gallery_9146_3140_65018.jpg

On a modelling sad note- when the family Cat jumped up on my hobby area we had a casualty of the Speed Paint Waaagh…. Jerry the Fuel Grot has gone MIA...:ohmy.: I cannot find him anywhere....farewell Jerry....I place two fuel cans on the back of the trike in his honour... red and yellow were his favourite colours....

Anyway that's all for today, hopefully in a couple days i'll post the finshed Trike and get cracking on the Nobz….

Cheers, Mithril

Edited by MithrilForge
fixed broken emoji

Okay, more WiP... I finished the base this arvo and the Trike's done and Frank has been Glued in and the side Dakka as well (A note to anyone wanting to paint one of these up yourselves - I would never have been able to remotely paint it ok if I'd stuck all the parts on at the start and undercoated it :huh.: ...)

I just pinned the Trike to the base (that was fun :dry:)

Here's the base before the trike - I added some winter tufts and a Blood angels helm for some details

med_gallery_9146_3140_476319.jpg

And Frank on the Trike...waiting for Da Boss to get on.. :tongue.:

med_gallery_9146_3140_196844.jpg

hope to have Da boss done by tomorrow night for a fancy pic :cool.:

cheers, Mithril

Edited by MithrilForge
fixed broken emoji