Mithril’s - Ork Waaaaagh:

MithrilForge

• 2 months later...

lovely wartrike there mithril! I love the model so much, its one of the ones that got me into orks! You're done a stella job i love the base and the paint job.

The blue hair is really cool too. I really like you're skintones i love paler orks!

The metal is so clean you could consider adding in some weathing too!

@Warbringer - Thanks man, it's a great model...pity the rules didn't match it :tongue.:

The skintone is sorta based off of the one you gave me :laugh.: ... As to the weathering, my photo skillz must be good at hiding stuff, he's weathered with dirt and oil etc etc but your right it does look cleaner in the pics ...what can you do :sweat:

I had a bit of a slump after finishing all those orks but i'm working on a Mek Gun and putting 2 battlewagon conversions together at the moment...

Thanks for looking and the likes :biggrin.:

Cheers, Mithril

Edited by MithrilForge
fixed broken emoji

Ohh battlewagon conversions! I'm planning a Pirate style land ship with the battlewagon for my Badrukk and Flashgitz

I find the Trike to be really good in games, he's not a Warboss but he is great at moving 20inchs to get on an objective and you can reliably charge.

I give him the might is right warlord traitor making him stronger and tougher that puts him up to 6 attacks and S8 with his Klaw 2 to hit and most often 2-3 to wound re-rolling.

He's also good with the scrapejet to help them get into charging :)

@ Warbringer- thanks for the gaming tips with the trike,will put it to use!!, and I look forward to Badruck's landship...

the LS Orktown :laugh.:

In other news, My mate got me these 2 models as a thankyou gift for helping him out with "life stuff" during Covid :blush.:

I cannot wait for em to show up... it should inspire me to make those Kommando's I've been thinking of doing with my spare Nob box etc...

med_gallery_9146_3140_28510.jpg

And this Not Weird Boy" which I now realise is a staple in all Ork armies :laugh: ... I'm happy he got me this as I didn't want to shell out $40.00 for an average GW model.. :happy.:

med_gallery_9146_3140_160938.jpg

anyways i'm hoping this re ignites my Orky Warpfire of inspiration to paint em …

Cheers, Mithril

Edited by MithrilForge
fixed broken emoji

Just a heads up about those artel w minis-- their scale ranges wildly, the kommandos and weird boy are smaller than most ork stuff-- whereas the mekboy is huge (bigger than a warboss). And the boss in mega armor is ghazkull sized

I dont really care about scale because the models are amazing sculpts- but a heads up all the same

Edited by The_Chaplain

@ The_Chaplain - thanks for the heads up ! I’ll make sure to base em a lil bit higher than the others :wink: 

Also any updates on your progress with your orky stuff !?!...
Cheers Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

@ The_Chaplain - thanks for the heads up ! I’ll make sure to base em a lil bit higher than the others ;-)

Also any updates on your progress with your orky stuff !?!...

Cheers Mithril

Taking a little break from orks (was feeling burnt out on them-- so im working on terrain and a few other odds and ends. Im sure ill be backnst them soon enough-- just not in orktober

• 1 month later...

Ok long time no painty or stuff...

The FLGS got a resupply from good ol GW so I went and got a Trukk just recently, need it for my boyz in an upcoming game before Christmas,

so here it is in grey Camo...:tongue:

med_gallery_9146_3140_919639.jpg

hope to post it finished within a week!,...

Also I was encouraged in another Thread (About the rumour of upcoming guard and Killteam releases) here to make some Kommando's from Boyz in the Hilarious hope that GW will award my efforts by releasing some new Kommando's early next year and causing me frustration in the fact I converted some models that are now new :tongue.:

so I will crack on with making 10x Kommando's from boyz and spare gubbinz and some spellcrow Ork Kommando heads.... stay tuned !!

Cheers, Mithril

++EDIT++ I was actually right and new Kommando's came out ...

Edited by MithrilForge
fixed broken emoji

There's some great stuff going on in this thread, mithril. :thumbsup:Any chance you could share your skin recipe with us mere mortals, please?

In the meantime, keep up the good work and get that Trukk painted! :biggrin.:

Ork skin - 

Base  -Death world Forest,

Wash with Athonian camo shade

1st Layer - Re do death world forest (leaving wash in the recesses)

2nd Layer - elysian green highlight on muscles

3rd Layer -  Fine edge highlight the muscles with Ogryn Camo

Cheers, Mithril

There's some great stuff going on in this thread, mithril. :thumbsup:Any chance you could share your skin recipe with us mere mortals, please?

In the meantime, keep up the good work and get that Trukk painted! :biggrin.:

Ork skin - 

Base  -Death world Forest,

Wash with Athonian camo shade

1st Layer - Re do death world forest (leaving wash in the recesses)

2nd Layer - elysian green highlight on muscles

3rd Layer -  Fine edge highlight the muscles with Ogryn Camo

Cheers, Mithril

Pretty much how i do mine, although i've changed mine now.

I used Elysian as my main colour and then wash with athonian or kalablite green (thinned)

Then use Ogryn for highlights then add in bleached bone into Ogryn and do another highlight.

If I prime white I will use the militarum green contrast instead of basecoating and washing.

I used Elysian as my main colour and then wash with athonian or kalablite green (thinned)

Then use Ogryn for highlights then add in bleached bone into Ogryn and do another highlight.

If I prime white I will use the militarum green contrast instead of basecoating and washing.

yeah you gave me the recipe in the first place :tongue.:

I always prime white so the DeathWorld Forest  looks much brighter anyway.

And as you stated, if I'm doing a character or Nob I'll mix in some bleached bone for extra highlights :thumbsup:

cheers, Mithril

yeah you gave me the recipe in the first place :tongue.:

I always prime white so the DeathWorld Forest  looks much brighter anyway.

And as you stated, if I'm doing a character or Nob I'll mix in some bleached bone for extra highlights :thumbsup:

cheers, Mithril

HA oh yeah i'd forgotten i'd given you how i'd done mine there you go no wonder they're similar!

• 1 month later...

So it's been too long in between models, here's a quick pic of my nearly finished BoomDakka Snazzwagon.

i loved working on this, i removed the roof and front fenders to get more of a buggy look and so all the inside detail can be seen (i did paint it all ) i added 2x boss poles glued together to the middle upper cage as an extra roll bar part , it looked bare with the roof not there, added some extra spent casings to the side of the gunner and also under his feet(he sat up too high above the floor so needed to fill the gap :blush.:

only a wee bit more to paint then basing and a way better pic will be done...

med_gallery_9146_3140_1291960.jpg

Cheers, Mithril

Thanks guys,
Yes...that is a metallic blue on the rocker covers!, it’s Warhead blue by Mig Jimenez , a water based metallic paint!.
I used it here to test out and since it did work very well, I will be using it on the body of my Kustom Boosts Blasta next !.
It’s an awesome vibrant blue just made for flashy deffskullz who want extra luck with a flashy blue :cool.: 

Cheers Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge