Mithril’s - Ork Waaaaagh:

MithrilForge

@Dread - thanks man appreciate the praise, lots of others here inspire me so it's a kinda a big inspiration wheel here 

I got cracking on with more stuff and managed to finish the first of my Mek Guns last night :biggrin.: i still have to glue "Spot" (the spotter) onto the platform...I'm saving the other grots for a project i want to do with my Stompa - "Grot City" will be it's purpose...:happy.:

anyways here's some average pics of my first Mek Gun (smasha gun) And Yes it's yellow with some "it has blue on it so it's ours!"...Apparently it's been Borrowed :wink:

Also does anyone base their Mek guns?... if i was to base it, what size base should i use :unsure:

med_gallery_9146_3140_754919.jpg

med_gallery_9146_3140_1540389.jpg

cheers, Mithril

Edited by Mumeishi
fixed broken emoji

• 1 month later...

I'm also adding some terrain pieces I'm painting up for the tabletop -

* you may note that my Ork's bases match the terrain.

First piece is a pipe section (i have a few more to do but this was the test one to see if it looked good)

med_gallery_9146_583_261137.jpg

med_gallery_9146_583_623408.jpg

They are to go alongside this piece i did a while back...

med_gallery_9146_583_933632.jpg

Mithril

Yeah!, yellow paint has come a long way since like 15+ years ago, it used to be a real pain in the butt but now a base spray of white and your Golden (literally :wink: )

I'm also re doing all the blue parts of my terrain -starting with the Ferratonic Furnace top (see above) (it used to be Thunderhawk blue) to match the new blue i'm doing, it's a 2:1 mix of - temple guard blue : thunderhawk blue as seen below on these new bases for my Deldar army...

gallery_9146_583_903926.jpg

Cheers, Mithril

Edited by Mumeishi

On 3/18/2021 at 6:36 PM, Azaiel said:

Looking good there bud!

The weathering on the bases looks really nice.

What yellow did you use for the pipes?

Hey Azaiel -

I simply base sprayed Corax white (rattle can) and just did two thin coats of Averland, that's it for the yellow...

Then recess washed with Cassandora yellow (really its orange but hey :sweat: ) and did chipping (rhinox hide then leadbelcher) then painted all the other colours,

then very neatly recess washed again with either Nuln oil or Agrax (that was the most time consuming part actually...:cuss: )

Cheers, Mithril  

Edited by Mumeishi
fixed broken emoji

Looking good there bud!

The weathering on the bases looks really nice.

What yellow did you use for the pipes?

Hey Azaiel -

I simply base sprayed Corax white (rattle can) and just did two thin coats of Averland, that's it for the yellow...

Then recess washed with Cassandora yellow (really its orange but hey :sweat: ) and did chipping (rhinox hide then leadbelcher) then painted all the other colours,

then very neatly recess washed again with either Nuln oil or Agrax (that was the most time consuming part actually...:censored: )

Cheers, Mithril  

Thx! It looks really good, might do the same way for my terrain pipes. :yes:

• 6 months later...

Alright Ladz,

it's Orktober an we needs to be startin sum moar models to paint n play wif see....

Update - i have been slack and now i need to atone , a unit of 12 Kommando's from the new Kill Team starter will suffice!! plus it's for Orktober :wink:

med_gallery_9146_3140_404340.jpg

the Bomb squig and distraction Grot look really cool (cant wait to paint em) i made the unit with all the extras (will use them in Kill Team mainly but will see use in 40K )

the Unit tops out at 155 Points (I hope i worked it out properly :sweat:)

more updates soon...

Cheers, Mithril

Edited by Mumeishi
fixed broken emoji

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow it’s been a while!, Like 1 whole year...where did that go :laugh:... 

I have about ten spare Nobz so I thought I’d like to make them up as a unit of Beast Snagga’s just for fun(I do plan on getting some Squighog boyz) 

so will be greenstuffing some pelts onto these boyz and some extra spikes or trophies , hoping the paint job makes them more distinctive as beast Snagga’s :sweat:

Also beast Snagga’s are on 32mm bases right ?!?.. :tongue:

here’s the first 3, the Nob is the one with the grabby fist !

IMG_7927.thumb.jpeg.ddd1f22b94e70cbc6b8c23f0d9f1482e.jpeg

The Nob!

IMG_7931.thumb.jpeg.cf4645d28197738ce950a2e1de73730f.jpeg

And with friends ! 

cheers, M 

Edited by Mumeishi

Test phase, he still has some tidying up required and a couple highlights but it’s coming along well… 

Duncans Beast Snagga video was used for colour choices , they work so I’m going to stick with it and start on the rest of the unit :thumbsup:

IMG_7962.thumb.jpeg.bc2b32dcf2cf6e90fc394eadc2ae15d2.jpeg

* sorry for average pic, it was quickly taken.

Cheers M. 

• 1 month later...

update- I've been plodding away painting my converted Beast Snagga's (just ugly looking base coats so nothing to see yet :sweat:) and started Painting My Deff Dread (pics soon as well) But the fun news is I found on my local online scale model store one of those Meng Toon Tank Models - A Russian KV2 to be precise - 

OnlineShopMerchApril2020_323_1400x_3b442 

Has anyone made a grot tank from one of these !?!...  

I'm looking forward to Orkifying this little tank :wub:

and  Looking forward to the 15th -  downloading the 10th Ed datasheets for ORKS !!

Cheers M

Update- 

IMG_8112.thumb.jpeg.08d6f1c110880b1ead3d05ec2af494a2.jpeg

IMG_8113.thumb.jpeg.47c386a031b7e1f676b161e2b6217f3d.jpeg

IMG_8114.thumb.jpeg.ecdaacbf3e98003b9f0a5c1c1f5bf6af.jpeg

Kommanders Grot tank is pretty much done, just need to add a container on the back near the exhaust’s where that tube is going to nowhere!!, pleased with the tank, would like to get 3 more for a complete unit of Grot tanks. 

cheers,  M 

• 2 weeks later...

Random WiP update

(Been slowly building my Deff Dread in the background whilst doing other things, it’s for the new Combat Patrol box rules coming out) 

so here’s the first arm pretty much done …

IMG_8258.thumb.jpeg.3a130bba506989a3d86df0c83c093fa7.jpeg

cheers, M 

Edited by Mumeishi
spelling :-P

Today I dug out my old conversion I was working on - a Blitza Bommer but sorta looking like a German Junkers Ju 87 Stuka Dive Bomber !. 
I stalled (pun not intended) on the build when I couldn’t work out how to make the nose section!?!.. I have since decided to glue sprue struts in the nose so I can place plastic card and other ork gubbinz in a similar look to a stukas engine section… here is what I have done so far 

I extended the wings and made them look similar to the end sections of the wings, I also added all the gun and wing root parts so it has a slight up curve like the Stuka’s wings do. I’m trying to square up the tail section, and I’ve made Stuka like landing wheels from Ork bikers front forks. 

IMG_8262.thumb.jpeg.f75888bf37af901ce4ad2acf715e408e.jpeg

IMG_8265.thumb.jpeg.809aae53ed69bc8e7458910d9c4cbdb7.jpeg

IMG_8264.thumb.jpeg.0cee5a3fcdca2b76d7078722bc242b9a.jpeg

IMG_8263.thumb.jpeg.69d875b6a6fe887a44a24071b241f175.jpeg

hope to finish this conversion for the call to arms event… 

cheers, M 

14 hours ago, Azaiel said:

Looking good, all you need now is a gretchin/grot with an airhorn for when it dive bombs!

I was seriously thinking about that :laugh:, I have a Grot that could work with that , I’d have to remove the stikk bomb and green stuff an airhorn in his hand  and a parachute on his back , if my conversion gets done in time I’ll devote some effort to it :thumbsup:

thanks for looking ! 

• 3 weeks later...

Some WiP … I’ve nearly finished my Deff Dread :sweat:, legs to do and also I’ve only blocked in the blue/white checks and the exhausts need finishing too :laugh:, should be done in a day I hope !! 

IMG_8388.thumb.jpeg.e03741410350b9188ed1755eddeae133.jpeg

IMG_8389.thumb.jpeg.c5c215a0d68aef52ff43c3ba37b26607.jpeg

IMG_8390.thumb.jpeg.8f1e24cc4badb4afda2a27fccdfa75bf.jpeg

Cheers, M

Edited by Mumeishi