Some more experience with the kits:

• The Einherjar are a really nice kit and they could easily work as a "short" scion team, lots of details and loads of extra bits;
  • WW1 Germans are really nice as others have noted and with the details on the bodies, I actually felt that adding even more things on their waists and such was too much, they might look simple but they are really nice and detailed;
  • The persians are quite easy to build and the armoured versions would certainly look ok with parts from Raumjagers or Grognards for an IG conversion;
  • The fauns are really tall and have very thin but strong arms, but I think that escher arms would work well for modern beastmen/fauns (I will experiment with this today and post any feedback). The fauns are taller than 28mm humans but they are clearly the same scale in terms of proportions, which means they just look like tall people/creatures;
  • The centaurs are also a nice kit, only slightly taller than the fauns and are mostly compatible with the faun parts. The horse portion is more pony sized than horse sized, so it won't exactly look as big as a typical rough rider, but it will be bigger than a regular human. I haven't placed them on bases but I suppose 32 or 40 mm would look better with overall model. Like the fauns I will try to use escher arms and see if it works;

Also a note that the fauns and centaurs are on sale, if you are interested on making some conversions :)

• 3 weeks later...

WGA are gonna bankrupt me this year, Grognards for my Commissar training squads/Scions, Grognard hvy weapons just because you cant have too much firepower, WW1 French (and Germans just for the gasmask heads) for my Krieg and Halflings/Halfling Cav just because I want a platoon of mini Kriegers and mini Valhallans. I only wanted a small Guard army as a break from painting Marines. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Sprue layout of the WW1 French, all the bits not on the sprue will be packaged as an extra sprue, thats a nice idea. 

WW1_French_Files_layout_02.jpg?v=1610430

and heres an image of someone kneeling... 

Berthier_Pose.jpg?v=1610430461

Quote from their Facebook page. 

''The Eisenkern Stormtroopers and Grognard Command and Heavy Support boxes have arrived in the US warehouse and the good folks at Bridge Distribution have begun to ship out pre-orders! We expect to have the same thing happening in the UK any day.

French Resistance and British Riflemen have reached the ports in Australia and New York (although it may still be a week or more before they are in the warehouse). The UK order just sailed past Crete and is due in the UK next week (but given the ongoing delays at Southampton they may take awhile to get to the warehouse)''

For you guys in the UK, just discovered a stockist near me (its the local GW managers husband) that sells WGA stuff for £20 a box instead of 25. 

Good geezer as well, cares about his customers. Check his store out, does a lot of stuff from various ranges and companies. 

https://www.rkstudiostore.co.uk/wargames-atlantic 

• 10 months later...

Just seen this and thought some of you guys may be interested... 

WGA have announced their space brits will be dropping early next year. 

Praetorians are back on the menu boys!! :wub:

Space_Brits_Shot.jpg?v=1638544958

Depending on how many hats you get they could make good Mordians as well. 

https://wargamesatlantic.com/blogs/news/space-brits-prepare-for-tea-time

Weird, I never cared for Praetorians much but my local seller will be banging these out for £20 a box so what the hell, I may do a platoon for that price. 

• 2 months later...

Wargames Atlantic are turning three this year, keep an eye out on the website as they will be running some comps to win free plastic. 

Linkey

@Green Scorpion, think its worth changing the name of this thread to Wargames Atlantic news or something similar as the Eisenkern and Grog big guns are out now? 

Coming soon... 

BulldogsGroup1_1800x1800.jpg?v=164816639

This 24 figure set gives you four head types including gas mask versions. Weapon options include the standard rifle but also smgs, lmgs, plasma, flamers, and grenade launchers!

https://wargamesatlantic.com/collections/demo-collection/products/bulldogs

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Pre orders up for the May releases. 

https://wargamesatlantic.com/blogs/news/5-new-sets-for-may

The Space Brits, Goth Warriors, Boxers, Generic Horses and pointless bases (I say pointless when I can get  more GW style ones for less off ebay, but if you like the slim bases then these may be the product for you).

So that means I have about 5-8 weeks to finish up my German guard before I go all in on Brits., challenge accepted. 

Oh damn, I didn't know there was a thread for these guys! I adore the WGA spider kit for Tyranid parts, I might have to nab some of those fauns too!

It just started off as an announcement post someone did for the Grognard Heavy Weapons, I just keep updating it now and then instead of starting a new thread for every release, seems the name of the thread has changed over the last few days as well. 

As for the spiders, I hear they are frustrating to get the legs on if you are not used to the kit, cant comment myself yet as I used one for a Spawn and the second is still on sprue, Fauns are tempting me for some 1st edition themed Beastmen Guardsmen, seems they have been pulled from the store though, they did have a flash sale a while ago on them so maybe they were dropping them and wanted to shift old stock... Better snag some off ebay soon then before I forget. 

I loved the Praetorians, and I think if there are enough of the ‘Pith’ style helmets these could be a great choice… I’ll be eagerly awaiting views of the sprues!

I loved the Praetorians, and I think if there are enough of the ‘Pith’ style helmets these could be a great choice… I’ll be eagerly awaiting views of the sprues!

There you go old bean wot wot...

https://wargamesatlantic.com/collections/all/products/bulldogs

I may even put in an advanced order so I can snag me some quickly, for a small company they shift stock very fast. Getting a box of WW1 French for my Guard before xmas was a nightmare. 

I may even put in an advanced order so I can snag me some quickly, for a small company they shift stock very fast. Getting a box of WW1 French for my Guard before xmas was a nightmare. 

Thanks Slave! Lots of great options… very tempted. WA are putting out some great models again and again!

Thanks Slave! Lots of great options… very tempted. WA are putting out some great models again and again!

Yeah I need to get my finger out and finish my WW1/WW2 themed 'not Krieg' and then I can crack on with the Space Brits, these will make great Veterans/HQ options and the WW1 Brits (when ever they will come out) will make up most of the infantry. I love WGA, the most Guard I have ever owned was the OG plastic box in 1st ed with some additional metal minis and a unit of Rough Riders, now Im tripping over boxes of shovel swinging meat shields. Its a good time to be a Guard player. :wub:

They are also producing some good Soviets (eta... eventually) that will be getting used for Valhallans as well, may even do some Jap themed jungle fighters (Japs are also in the pipeline) instead of the Rambo style ones. All these ideas at an affordable price... :biggrin.:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...