New weapon from Liber Daeminica Bitz

VcKk0jGFCgs.jpg

Excellent for Nostraman Chainglaives. These look better than the FW bits.

Eh I don't think so. Less is more sometimes. These are busy. With how the hands are sculpted on, there's always going to be ridigity to it, some of the glaives from FW have the hands in more natural "spear" holding positions, which will help with dynamism. Of all of these, I like the last one the most. The second to last is too anime for liking, massive head, attached in a very unnatural way to the haft. 2nd one in is very top heavy, the plume/tails should feature at the bottom to balance it out a bit. First one is... I think the hook at the end would benefit to bend the other way, but I think that's personal preference. 

Eh, if you're using resin bits you're usually gonna want to get creative with the modelling anyway so the rigidity of the hand placement isn't a big deal. It's pretty simple to drill a small hole in the hand and adjoining arm and pin it at a more natural angle. A little bit of green stuff and it's easy enough to use a knife to sculpt the under-armour "grooves" at the joint. I do it all the time with arms at the shoulder. 

I think these look way better for 40K Night Lords than the FW offerings tbh

• 3 months later...

Eh, if you're using resin bits you're usually gonna want to get creative with the modelling anyway so the rigidity of the hand placement isn't a big deal. It's pretty simple to drill a small hole in the hand and adjoining arm and pin it at a more natural angle. A little bit of green stuff and it's easy enough to use a knife to sculpt the under-armour "grooves" at the joint. I do it all the time with arms at the shoulder.

I think the issue is not the angle at the wrist, but rather the hand position. Unless standing at rest, it feels like the grip on those hands just doesn’t fit naturally...

I think the issue is not the angle at the wrist, but rather the hand position. Unless standing at rest, it feels like the grip on those hands just doesn’t fit naturally...

You're not wrong, just any more accurate grips would start to limit modelling possibilities. Nothing to stop a resourceful modeller with a steady hand from replacing the hands with a better suited one. They're the people buying these kinds of bits in the first place. 

Does anyone have any pictures of the alternate space marine helmets in use? I'm interested in how the details of the render transfer to the physical bits.

You’ll have to forgive my poor painting but this is one of the Templar ones:

RvAwuyo.jpg

I’ve also had some shoulder pads and the Templar dread kit.

Everything I’ve had from them have been great quality and very faithful to the renders.

Does anyone have any pictures of the alternate space marine helmets in use? I'm interested in how the details of the render transfer to the physical bits.

You’ll have to forgive my poor painting but this is one of the Templar ones:

I’ve also had some shoulder pads and the Templar dread kit.

Everything I’ve had from them have been great quality and very faithful to the renders.

That's super helpful, thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

That Taurus Dread armor looks great. When do you think it will be on the site?

It was about a month between the BT dread armour being previewed like that and it being available to buy. I don’t know if that’s the usual time frame but it might give you something to go on.