The eyes of the Inquisition are upon you!

Lord_Ikka

Up next, working on my big Inquisitor conversion (Inquisitor in a life-support tank/cart thingy). Here's the two "men" who will be pulling the Radical Inquisitor, and another Inquisitor I just had to get.

AJEjTwv.jpeg

l0Yy3yZ.jpeg

zRJkzAV.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

So... turns out my plan for the life-support Inquisitor was a little too optimistic. Since my two haulers were pretty much done, I decided to start work on the main body of the conversion and finally starting putting pieces together to test-fit. I was planning on putting the tank (the bottle looking thing in the pic) on the front of a Chaos Gorebeast chariot and then have the Mechanicum Vultarax Stratos-Automata behind it (as it is representing an armored medicae station). Turns out that I thought the chariot would be wider than it turned out and neither the bottle nor the automata will fit. I was understandably unhappy as this conversion has been rattling around in my brain for the past two years and I was feeling really good about actually having progress made on it. Well, crisis averted because my anniversary happened a few days ago and I got some eBay giftcard money. Sure enough, I was able to find the Gorebeast chariot sprue that I needed to widen the whole deal by simply doubling the chariot. Plus, I'll have some extra wheels to make the back end turn out more stable. Now I'm just waiting for it to arrive...

QPI5qcI.jpeg

Because of what is happening as far as the Imperium subscription works out, the next couple of months will be pretty bare for me in that regard as far as painting/hobbying goes; its mostly AdMech and terrain stuff, where I'm mainly subscribed for the SM/Necrons and plan on selling off the other stuff (might hang on to the SoB). So, I've got some other Inquisition/Necromunda stuff sitting around that is in need of paint and I'll probably be painting up some more stuff here soon. I'm looking at a Genestealer cult group of neophytes that I tried to make less alien-y, and some Orlock gangers, both which will serve as cheap muscle/antagonists to my various Inquisitors, and I might also have a few other models coming along soon. Anyway, thanks for looking and reading my ramblings!

Edited by Lord_Ikka

17 hours ago, war009 said:

Awesome can't wait to see being built

It's shipping now from the UK, so given the slow shipping time and my usual hit-or-miss style of hobby "inspiration", I'll be extremely pleased if I get it/him built by September. Plus I'm going to have to do the painting in sub-assemblies, which I'm not a fan of, because I want to keep the tank still semi-translucent and won't be able to prime over it. I got a 3d-printed naked male body (super weird etsy shop, not going to lie, too many "slave girl" models) that I will have as the Inquisitor himself, suitably cut up and prepared for the tank via cutting off of various limbs and sticking wires all over him. Painting him, placing him in the tank, and then painting the tank itself will be a job all on its own, but its the fitting of that to the rest that'll be the most difficult part. 

So I will have to do some thinking and positioning in regards to that; will need to connect the tank and medicae station with some greenstuff pipes/cabling but in a way that is easy to slot the tank out of the cart to get the cart primed/painted. Right now the only thing I've come up with is to cut off the locking threads of the bottle top and cut a hole into the bottom of the cart- the bottle top will be attached via the cables and the bottle itself will slide up into position after painting is done.

:teehee:I know exactly what Etsy shop you are talking about. 

sounds like you got a solid idea and it’s just gonna take time. It will be worth it 

11 hours ago, war009 said:

:teehee:I know exactly what Etsy shop you are talking about. 

I'm not here to kink-shame anyone, but I just don't know who would order most of those minis. Is that a fetish I've not heard about or something- because I can't imagine displaying them in my house...

Anyway. Looking forward to building the big guy, should be interesting at the very least.

To: Inquisitor Gara Livonia, O.M.
Ref: Intelligence update
Thought for the Day: He who seeks Truth must first find Faith

My Inquisitor,
 Our agents have an update on two subjects. First, a member of Davian's terror-squad has been located and identified. Karvos Delfor, known by gang-slang as "Karvos the Cutter". A ganger legend out of Hive Notic on Septimi IV, Karvos was a killer for hire, using his chainaxe and neural lash to carve out a name for himself in the hive undercroft. He left the hive under somewhat mysterious circumstances, which now make much more sense if Inquisitor Davian recruited him and spirited Kravos away from the several death sentences he was under. Analysis of the Notic Enforcer's files shows that Karvos will be a brutal member of Davian's operation, perfect for use in the terror-squad being assembled. Vox-pictures attached.
 On to the second topic, a troubling rebellion has come to our attention in Deltan sub-prime. Members of the local sewage and mining guilds have overthrown several Enforcer precints and are in active rebellion against Imperial authority. Attached are pictures of such a rebel, note the mining/sewage guild jumpsuit and Enforcer-pattern shotgun. I have taken the precaution of alerting two companies of your stormtrooper contingent to Active Readiness, needing only your word to dispatch them for suppression actions. 

Your servant
Trentor Siv Grengor

ptP0C4u.jpeg 
idGff4f.jpeg%5B%5Cimg%5D
hYnYvmk.jpeg%5B%5Cimg%5D
AMXiOHS.jpeg%5B%5Cimg%5D
Ncwf9va.jpeg%5B%5Cimg%5D

Edited by Lord_Ikka

• 2 weeks later...

Ref: Terror-squad sighting

My lord,

My scout company managed to take a few picts of Inquisitor Davian's full terror-squad after they destroyed a warehouse and the mutant cult living within. As you can see, the weaponry of the squad is mix but tends towards chainweapons, bolt weaponry, and other implements that cause massive, rending injuries. This seems to be purposeful, to cause devastating and horrible scenes of carnage to inspire fear in heretics. 

As per your orders, we have kept a strict distance from these...people and will continue to observe. 

Lt. Naidr, Beta Detachment

u8Kp3tZ.jpeg

xcRsi4v.jpeg

YZay9Xw.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Won third in a group painting competition with four members of the terror-squad (the converted Mercator Slaver Guild guys) and my Ambot, so I was pretty happy with that. Ambot pic- 

KcUKCfr.jpeg

To: [REDACTED]

Astropathic gateway: Aleph-Gamma-III, Segmentum X00100X-ERROR

Warning- All Inquisition members be warned of the following groups/individuals:

Sangari Pirates

- Real-space raiders/mercenaries 

- Known to have extensive optical augmentation, frequently utilize low-light/darkness in combat

- Expertise in boarding actions and clearance operations

- Capture/Kill/Recruit as appropriate

fZpyOiC.jpeg

33qZA7b.jpeg

Nul Abraxus, Heretic Astartes

- Current/former (?) member of the XX legion

- Skilled assassin and sniper - avoid ranged combat

- Kill on sight authorized

- Last known position: area of the Screaming Vortex

oOpSRgJ.jpeg

RpHR8lY.jpeg

FNdsb54.jpeg

tbUnlWM.jpeg

• 5 months later...

Ref: Ordo Astartes kill-team

Thought for the Day: Devotion through Piety.

My Inquisitor,

The Ordos Astartes has informed us that one of their conclave will be conducting a discrete investigation near our location. Due to their lack of resources in the area, they have included pictor files, descriptions, and contact vox channels so that we may provide backup if requested. I have placed Lieutenant Tellerus and his detachment on alert pending your approval. 

Inquisitor Remori, Ordo Astartes

Distinguished service record, known to carry a power knife and artificer bolt pistol (single shot, custom loads). No known psychic talent, but adept at interrogation and information extraction.

MO12ZD6.jpeg

5hLwL8I.jpeg

Kill-team veterans

Former Astra Militarum and/or various para-military organizations (see - Cult of the Red Redemption). Equipped with powerful energy weapons capable of injuring/killing Astartes. No known internal augmentations, but information is scant on individual members (pic is representative of kill-team members, but not all member shown).

LSyJceV.jpeg

Modified Ambot, code-name Ar-Be

Ambot modified for combat. Known weapons are a heavy stubber with armor-piercing rounds and an electro-harpoon capable of disabling power armor servos. Known combat tactics are for the Ambot to distract/harass the enemy with the stubber and then incapacitate them with the harpoon. 

V2vdRSj.jpeg

rXbDZcc.jpeg

plIjCsM.jpeg

Any further information will be relayed immediately.

Trentor Siv Grengor

Edited by Lord_Ikka

• 3 weeks later...

To: Inquisitors of Sector [REDACTED] 

Ref: Possible Ordos Alius investigation

Thought for the Day: Duplicity in His Name is merely Truth delayed.

To all Inquisitors, 

Inquisitor Oskerr Scorn of the Ordo Alius has begun an investigation into heretical leanings among the abhumans of the sector. Inquisitor Scorn has heavily modified himself to easily move into abhuman societies. A voxpict is being forwarded to prevent any possible misunderstandings. 

Aside from his physical oddities, other indications of Inquisitor Scorn's presence may be noted. Bodies bearing marks of suppression stakes or massive trauma due to high-caliber ballistics will be common. Any active investigation coming upon bodies such as these report to Inquisition sector headquarters immediately.

uM6djfP.jpeg

1MiC8OO.jpeg

Edited by Lord_Ikka

• 4 weeks later...

Ref: Intelligence update

Thought for the Day: Faith in Him is faith in humanity.

My Inquisitor,

Recent intelligence updates have been given by Ordo headquarters. I have detected nothing that will impact our investigations to any measurable extent. A few items are of note, however. First, Inquisitor del Torinz has been investigating Chaos-related cults in the sub-hives of Derman. His methods and philosophy are extreme Monodominant, so expect lots of fiery accusations burnings. Second, more workers have joined the growing rebellion on Deltan- as of the latest report over ten Enforcer precinct-fortresses are destroyed and looted. Local PDF forces have been activated and Provost-General Van Blek of the Arbites has asked for several sections of our attached stormtrooper battalions as support. Third, groups of unknown provenance have attacked multiple water-caravans on Aleph-IV. Local law enforcement is investigating, but they have mentioned that the attacks are extremely well-organized for water pirates and have asked for Inquisitorial assistance in their search. 

Attached are vox-captures of Inquisitor del Torinz, the rebel mining/sanitation guilds, and the possible water pirates.

Your servant

Trentor Siv Grengor

eHSHL0S.jpeg

ctejUxx.jpeg

ld1PFT4.jpeg

A7UVddV.jpeg

vnz2yig.jpeg

v2EDh2i.jpeg

XoNmPY1.jpeg

Ha. Thanks- these were some completions that I did a while ago but forgot to add to the thread. I should have another couple in a few days, depending on my painting speed.

To: Inquisition sub-station, Norombearg

Ref: Grand Expedition personnel

Thought for the Day: Cleverness is no substitute for humility.

Name: Ravia Phi-Ro

Affiliation: Adeptus Mechanicus, Ordo Reductor

Background/Pertinent information:

Phi-Ro is an initiate into the Ordo Reductor, with the typical training/engrams of the Reductor. Given the Ordo Reductor's mandate, she should be regarded as well-versed in destructive weaponry usage and able to repair most standard Imperial vehicles/tech with little issue. Ravia is known to wear different "masks" depending on what her current mission is- the vox-pict presented is one with a combat mask, though her normal mask is one both more intricate and delicate in nature. Her real face is only revealed to those in the Reductor or valued teammates. Consider her to be a loyal servant of the Omnissiah, and treat all interactions as such.

upVTXB6.jpeg

RYI4ia7.jpeg

To: Inquisitorial Librarium sub-distribution net

Re: Servitor Ogryn combat application

Thought for the Day: Broadness in thought conveys smallness of faith.

Servitor Ogryns overview

Base model servitors made from Ogryns have been the backbone of many industrial applications since time immemorial. Adeptus Mechanicus prefer more augmented servitors, but for normal industrial entities the Ogryn-based servitor chassis are both economical and useful. While unaugmented Ogryns require constant supervision and oversight (see- Astra Militarium Commissar), the servitor version is fed the same data-inputs as all other servitors and will accomplish tasks without any additional supervision.

Combat Application advice

Parties attempting to use servitor Ogryns that have not been uploaded with dedicated combat engrams have a few issues to overcome. As with most industrial-grade servitors, Ogryn servitors are extremely literal in their execution of orders. Once a user is verified as an "owner/operator", that user must phrase their orders in as much of a coherent, consise manner as possible. A statement of "protect me from the foe" will likely result in the servitor attacking all parties but the user, including other members of the user's team and even possibly indigenous lifeforms (see- sump rats, grox, etc..). It is recommended to use phrasing containing exact descriptors of targets, if at all feasible. Once a servitor Ogryn is engaged, it will complete its task as long as it has motive force, so keep the task command simple and avoid open-ended instructions that can lead to negative outcomes. 

* A note on Weaponry- Servitor Ogryns come equipped for a wide variety of industrial tasks. Loader-arms, power fists, arc-wielders, and many other tools can be implanted onto the chassis, almost all of them normally requiring either power-armor or vehicle-level (i.e.- Sentinels) strength and weight loads to field. While powerful, these tools can be both very slow to engage with and cause substantial collateral damage. *

M5PrOdB.jpeg

7cjCK1y.jpeg

Edited by Lord_Ikka