Craftworld Etruria - Storm Guardians!

Urkh

On another note... it has been a year since I finished that one wraithblade, and the squad still isn't completed... oh how time flies.

Any farseer can tell you that :tongue.:  , Now get back to that awesome orange!!! :laugh.:

Mithril

Finished my vow for anger and arrogance!

gallery_65490_16699_293386.jpeg

I unfortunately do not have enough time in my day to ensure I can complete another vow, so I am going to play it safe. Things are a little turbulent atm.

I will, however, be moving onto painting my friends dark eldar that he recently started.

Ty mithril! The third one was more of me trying to replicate the first one. I still feel the first one came out the best, second the worse. The process was pretty easy, just need to perfect it. I also used some of the cassandora yellow wash on the pillars on the bases. It is quite vibrant!

• 1 month later...

Planning a warhammer day on the 12th, and I will be playing a small game with my eldar against my brother's GF's dark eldar. I know she has a combat patrol, but idk what else besides that. Going into this mostly blind, but will do my best to put up a good representation. This will be my first game with the new book!

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, her minis were still in storage and they didn't have time to get them out, so that game never occurred. I still await my first game using them. I am teaching a friend how to play on Monday, and he also is playing dark eldar. 

As for the painting queue, I have a unit of wraithblades and two wraith lords in the works. I'll be working on them momentarily. Painting has been a slog at the moment.

• 6 months later...

Thank you trawling! I was just looking at the mini one day, and thought, those are ball joints for the back guns, and the arms have sockets... soooooo..." a.d thus the idea was born! Also note this is a different wraithlord from the one in the pictures above!

Overall, this guy is meant to be a chaff killer. Equipped with x2 scatter lasers and flamers, he shall be the bane of all my t3 low save enemies I currently find myself fighting against. All the weapons are magnetized though, and I made sure the poles are the same as on my first wraithlord, so the weapons are entirely interchangeable between the two. 

Next up: the rest of that wraithblade squad. I have been idle for far too long.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to do a quick progress report on the wraithblades. Slaanesh may be the enemy, but Nurgle attacked shortly after I posted the wraithlord. As such, I was unable to paint for a while. But I am back at it, and have 3/5 of the squad done, sans bases. 

16812962631609057162594339364386.jpg

Edited by Urkh
Picture was upside down...

9 hours ago, Karhedron said:

Nice work there. I particularly like the richness of the yellow as this is always a hard colour to do well.

Haha, they are orange, but the sentiment still carries over. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, got the wraiths done!

Frontal view:20230425_191012.thumb.jpg.2ac50ad60def143b67929886b78f4501.jpg

from overhead to see their bases better:

20230425_191044.thumb.jpg.aa195c7a04371bfcba83dad475b8e365.jpg

and together with their Wraithlord:

20230425_192623.thumb.jpg.42ff8fafc8927fa8e081f6e429ed610a.jpg

The crackle medium didn't do exactly what I was hoping, and it is hard to see the volcanic effects unless you're looking at them from above. Oh well, practice will make perfect. 

Up next: Storm Guardians!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, I will be playing my first games of 10th today, and I've been busy doing a lot of prep work for it (learning rules, assembling minis, repairing terrain, etc). After today, I will be assembling the rest of my eldar forces, and  then will vow it all for the event. I am going to finish the storm guardians before I start painting the vow, however. I don't wa t another situation where I am in the middle of painting a squad, then a painting event happens, I lose steam woth that squad, and it sits on my desk unfinished for a year and a half before I go back to them, like what happened with my wraithguard.

On 7/10/2023 at 10:16 AM, Urkh said:

Got all the minis for my vow assembled, bar some weapons for painting purposes. Mental fortitude is spent, and I will officially make the vow tomorrow! I will be finishing the storm guardians up front before starting on the vow proper.20230710_021232.thumb.jpg.34fc6f8661d97e9cf592984377189caf.jpg

That is very brave! Good luck! :)