Stallenberg 502nd... with added Norfolkian 8th. 'Pip pip old chap!'

• 2 weeks later...

First Vet squad done, I just need to get some form of sloppy texture paint for the bases but cant remember what brand I was looking at or what website I saw it on. 

image.thumb.jpeg.f41bff042562a03212c3820680d08abc.jpeg

Ive just been looking at the Vallejo stuff, but AK Interactive and Greenstuff World have also caught my eye. Ill have a look on youtube and see if theres any reviews. 

As a break from various shades of brown tomorrow I think Ill have a break and paint one of my  HH Mk6 as  Legion of the Damned, just a bog standard marine though, Im saving Centurius for when the squads finished, otherwise Ill paint him and never get round to the rest of his unit. 

2 hours ago, Jud Cottrell said:

Great job!

Personally I use Vallejo Grey Pumice then paint over it. Gives a decent effect imo.

Good luck with the Legion of the Damned. A change is as good as a rest!

Cheers Geez. I may check out the Grey Pumice, I like the way your bases look and Im not afraid to shamelessly steal and pass it off as my own idea, I wrote all of Iron Maidens songs you know. :laugh:

Due to the rumor of heavy weapons squads getting the 'only one of each weapon' treatment I have hit a bit of a roadblock with my Norfolkians, I only have heavy bolter and mortar squads, and I want my armies to have the WW1 vibe so I have avoided lascannons and other sci fi techy weapons, so missile launchers will be my 3rd weapon type. Question is, did Brits (or any nation) use missile launchers in the Great War? I know Brits used Congreve rockets in 1812 but Im not getting anything on google regarding rocket use in the trenches. Did they not use them or something? 

This is the best thing I have found so far, I hope I dont have to scratchbuild these. :laugh:

image.jpeg.e4069ba8ceedbc1dc1ca8a774a698dbb.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Im still alive, just wanted a change from painting Guardsmen so I have been building Normans, Turnip 28 stuff and started on some allies for the Guard...

2022-12-24 07.19.13.jpg

1st ed themed Blood Drinkers. 

In actual Guard related news I have managed to read through the codex properly now and some of the rumors turned out to be inaccurate, thank god I dont have to start pulling apart my heavy weapon squads to re equip them, almost everything in my army is useable apart from my vet and special weapon squads (now Im stuck with a load of grenade launchers and snipers) so I can crack on building my space Brits. 

32 minutes ago, Jud Cottrell said:

Welcome back!

Those Blood Angels are looking good, are they the MKVI from the 30k range?

Good to be back lol, and yea they are the new 30k beakies. These are the first minis I have painted in years that I have actually enjoyed painting, detail isnt over the top like some minis and they paint up a lot faster than Guard so I actually feel like I am getting somewhere with them. Ngl painting something other than grey or brown has been a nice change, does feel weird painting something thats bright though, Im more of a black under coat followed by black ink then highlighted black kinda painter. 

Ive decided to do a Guardsman for my boxing day bash, cant let the boys in the barracks down.

• 2 months later...

Untidy Rabbits.jpg

++EDIT++

So I did a thing with some French, looks like a Renegade Guard regiment is on the horizon.

These were actually built for a game called The Last War (Im updating my blog in my sig with non GW stuff if anyone wants to learn more), but I thought I may as well carry on and build another Guard regiment because WW1 Brits and WW1 and WW2 themed Germans and Penal Legion are clearly not enough. The Devil makes work for idle hands it seems. 

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Cheers. :happy:

For the mud I tried out that fancy Vallejo thick mud stuff all the cool kids use these days, cant believe Ive spent so long messing about with sand and paint trying to get the bases looking right when all I had to do was slap on what looks like chocolate spread mixed with tobacco. So much easier, Im never using sand again.

Ngl my monkey brain did kick in and I tasted the mud, its not very nice.

Dug out the rest of my French sprues, time to build more bloody infantry. All I seem to be doing these days is building meatshields, still the sooner I do it then the sooner it will all be over. 

Then I get to make the Chaos allies to the French renegades. But Ill worry about that at a later date, I dont want to get ahead of myself and start things before Im ready.