Utari's Ancient and Resolute Order of House Vyronii

UtariOnzo

So do you play Factorio by any chance because it seems you are pumping these out so fast and they all look fantastic.

Can I ask, how heavy is the Lancer compared to a normal knight? Just curious on how heavy that much resin is.

It’s not that much heavier in terms of total weight, but the balance of the model is a lot more front heavy so you do kind of need to accommodate for that depending on your pose (hence why I had the rear foot positioned back and a slight tilt on the body)

In terms of rate, it’s actually been relatively slow in my opinion. I could theoretically get a knight done in about a week if I really dedicated myself to it as I can get the candy effect done in a single session

Speaking of which...

image0.jpg

And some CC Armigers in the factory too

image0.jpg

Edit: forgot the Dominus in all his heraldric glory

image0.jpg

I promise, I swear, I will be doing the bases eventually but Scotland’s lockdown has prevented my pal and I getting together to agree on a unified basing scheme for our planned gaming terrain. However, that’ll be lifting soon, so we can finally get some games in

Edited by UtariOnzo

Great work as always. Nice to see a Castigator since that's my favourite Knight. I haven't plucked up the courage to work on mine yet. I built an Ork Mega Dread without too much trouble so hopefully just working on a slightly bigger project shouldn't be too difficult.

You've put some really effort into your army, I hope your basing is equally ambitious once that takes off.

Honestly all the Cerastus kits are pretty similar and are fairly easy to build considering the scale of the kit. There aren’t too many parts relative to its size and the only bit you need to potentially do a lot of heat work to is the body to line it up properly, but even then it didn’t work out too badly for my lancer

My castigator is actually an Ebay rescue that turned out to be a recast when it arrived, but the details aren’t too shabby so even though I’m not a fan of recasting in production models, I’m not bothered about keeping him (that and avoiding fighting over a refund/inevitable shipping issues with returing it).

Again, beautiful work. How will you decorate the Knights' bases? Will you leave them featureless silver plates, to represent factory floors or starship decks (for Knights being transported to battlefields on distant planets, supporting allies' boarding actions or countering enemy boarders)?

Again, beautiful work. How will you decorate the Knights' bases? Will you leave them featureless silver plates, to represent factory floors or starship decks (for Knights being transported to battlefields on distant planets, supporting allies' boarding actions or countering enemy boarders)?

Oh no, that's just from the initial metallic spray. As I said, we've been in lockdown for a while so I've not been able to see my pal to decide on what base scheme we'll be agreeing to for our armies, as we're planning for a gaming board.

• 10 months later...
So, I’ve been super duper busy with a house move, baby on the way and work, but I’m hoping to pick up my toy soldiers again. I’ve been quietly collecting the Imperium magazine and have a few skitarri to play with, but I don’t fancy fielding obvious mechanicum troops with my gold and green bois. Any recommendations on what kits would be good out there to kitbash some medieval men at arms with the skitarri rifles? Ideally stuff with breastplates to match the Knight Pilot model style from the preceptor kit as closely as reasonably possible