Dice4thedicegod’s Daemon bashes! Slaanesh and khorne!

dice4thedicegod

Getting ready to have slaaneshi daemons on crusade (probably start keeper, herald, daemonettes, 3 fiends). But decided not to use any of the standard models!

Here’s some I’d already put together (keeper, prince , herald, daemonettes):

1086454_sm-.jpeg

Close up of some of the daemonettes:

1086451_sm-.jpeg

And a new keeper WIP:

1086521_sm-.jpeg

For khorne, I’ve kitbashed a couple of bloodthirsters:

1080116_sm-.jpeg

1040169_sm-Bloodthirster%2C%20Chaos%2C%2

Just finishing off some “fiends” and got a dual-use skarbrand/ann’grath project on the go!

Wow :D The models look so cool. Especially the slaaneshi ones. My main army is haemonculi covens, but my other army is a full slaanesh army with both daemons and CSM. So I think it's really funny with someone else who plays slaanesh. I think in general, your slaanesh models look better than your khorne models.

I think your models look great, and you've really managed to make the dryads look like demon(ette)s rather than being a bunch of twigs, which is quite a feat.

That said, I think if you could work some of that pale flesh into the models, they fit in better with your HQ units.

I think your models look great, and you've really managed to make the dryads look like demon(ette)s rather than being a bunch of twigs, which is quite a feat.

That said, I think if you could work some of that pale flesh into the models, they fit in better with your HQ units.

Thanks!

I might have a think about adding some white to the rank and file. It would tie them in nicely. Hmmm...

• 2 weeks later...

For these guys (the twins!):

1090004_sm-Twins.jpeg

The top pair are both based on Reaper bones Minotaur demon lord

The bottom pair are both reaper bones Rauthorus (the newer, larger version. Bones IV, iirc. I did use a smaller older Rauthorus for the wings for the top bloodthirster )

All crab claw arms are from reaper bones wolf demons. Also used a wolf demon head on the top bloodthirster!

The odd keeper out, is a Minotaur king I got from ETSY (and got them to printout at 150% scale)

Ah. The above slaanesh one, is it a daemon prince? Or is it just a conversion? (I recognized the sword)

You seem to convert a lot. It can be fun. I love converting myself, with my grotesques and other haemonculi creations. It saves lots of money.

Ah. The above slaanesh one, is it a daemon prince? Or is it just a conversion? (I recognized the sword)

You seem to convert a lot. It can be fun. I love converting myself, with my grotesques and other haemonculi creations. It saves lots of money.

He’s a greater daemon (on a 100mm base). He is quite a bit bigger than a prince, (face on doesn’t give a very good size impression):

1091050_sm-.jpeg

Yeah- I’m a big fan of converting. Really gets the creative side of the hobby going! (Big difference from my early rogue trader days where I was all about playing and hardly even painted. Since coming back in 8th, most of my 40K time is converting/painting rather than playing! ... though two small kids will do that!)

I like it except for the guardsman's plasma pistol - they are ridiculously huge on GW models, and the model you used is even smaller.  I think it would be better off with a grenade in that hand or a lasgun... or something else that isn't as absurdly out of scale.

That said, I'm really digging your off-brand keepers of secrets - I love the new GW model, but yours are such great call backs to the original 2nd ed. model.

• 2 weeks later...