Plagueburst Crawler new stats

Pretty much what we expected:

VDWYU1q.jpeg

+1 BS
Entropy Cannon becomes D3+3 instead of D6
The mortar gets D2 instead of D1d3, & has no minimum distance

Spitters are flat S6 (like the bloat drone)

Rothail is rapid fire, lost 1AP

+1A

Big improvement, entropy cannons are now even better than the Accelerated Entropy stratagem which was in Psychic Awakening

Edited by Marshal Loss

Thank god the BS went up. I've tired using crawlers before but at BS 4 they were basically worthless and only good for screening fire. At BS 3+ and big guns never tiring, maybe they'll kill something for once.

I'm glad my indecisiveness made me not build any of my Death Guard til now. I may actually learn to play 9th edition and get games in whenever West Yorkshire goes down to Tier 1 :cry:

If there's a theme of this DG release so far, it's the constant validation of poor loadout decisions (with no magnetising) which I made 3 years ago. Really pleased by the changes here, massive buffs

"Even a broken clock is right twice a day" 

But yes, I feel you on that, I've been quite pleased how a lot of the rule of cool based modelling choices I made actually became useful this edition, and I'm glad that it's happening for an army other than Codex Marines. 

T8 12W seems decently tough, I assume it's also disgustingly resilient for an effective 16W? I do love that model, really sad I missed out on the Conquest kit...

If there's a theme of this DG release so far, it's the constant validation of poor loadout decisions (with no magnetising) which I made 3 years ago. Really pleased by the changes here, massive buffs

But yes, I feel you on that, I've been quite pleased how a lot of the rule of cool based modelling choices I made actually became useful this edition, and I'm glad that it's happening for an army other than Codex Marines.

T8 12W seems decently tough, I assume it's also disgustingly resilient for an effective 16W? I do love that model, really sad I missed out on the Conquest kit...

They had it before, as well as an invul. Its problem was really it's BS, which is why the flamer build got so popular after you could combo it with trees and heralds.

A 5+++ is not the same as a 33% increase in wounds. Each wound you save becomes another a wound you can roll for DR in future. If you do the maths, a 5+++ works out to roughly a 50% increase in effective wounds. That would make a PBC equivalent to at least 18W.

My deathguard buddy is gonna love this.

He always complained about the bs4. My counter was that it was to balance out the fact that it doesn't need line of sight to shoot something with the mortar.

I'm hoping that the mortar itself is -1 to hit if it retains the ability to shoot out of Los. (Something that all units/weapons with this ability should do imo)

Not a fan of mortar weapons losing their minimum range.

A 5+++ is not the same as a 33% increase in wounds. Each wound you save becomes another a wound you can roll for DR in future. If you do the maths, a 5+++ works out to roughly a 50% increase in effective wounds. That would make a PBC equivalent to at least 18W.

By Jove, I hadn't factored that you can re-save the already saved wounds. Very powerful. 

Disgustingly resilient looking to be Infantry only. 

That would be one of the worst changes to any army in the history of 40k.

Respectfully disagree.  

Respectfully disagree.

And I respectfully disagree with your disagree.

There is precendent in the fact that Marine vehicles are not CORE meaning they cannot benefit from various buffs as a result. This approach would be consistent. Even without DR, a 12W T8 tanks with a daemonic 5++ is pretty durable, particularly since it can fire without LOS.

I guess what I mean is:  maybe it's just a rule for infantry now--similar to all SM dreadnoughts having the Duty Eternal rule.

Maybe the battleforged bonus is something else?  In fact I would almost guarantee the battleforged bonus is something else--it wouldn't make sense to lose DR with souping.

Yet those marine tanks get their chapter tactics and doctrine bonus. DR is the equivalent.

Is it, though? Do we know it's the equivalent in the 9th ed codex? Or will there be subfactions (such as from PA) that are the equivalent?

We don't know what's been added or taken away in terms of special rules; the death guard book is very early 8th in design and a lot can change as we saw from marines 8.0 to marines 8.5. But if we use the marine book as a basis the army wide special rules like chapter tactics and combat doctrines were kept the same. Some unit's bespoke abilities got shifted to strats and some strats got applied wholesale, but it's a safe assumption to make that the daemon engines will receive the same defensive ability as the infantry be that DR or whatever the new version is.