Possible new Space Marine Heroes Series 4 (false alarm)

@wh_jpn (the GW Japan) account just mentioned (in Japanese) that (roughly translated), a "Warhammer Japan formal project is being planned. Details are planned to be announced next week".

That silhouette looks a lot like the termie captain from series II to me.

the cherry blossom suggests a Spring release of...whatever it will be. :)

Excited, anyway.

I loved series I and II but didn't touch III as it was Nurgle-only (and hard to deNurgle). I hope IV, if that's what this is, is more generic.

Wonder whether it will be Dark Angels as the faction of choice this time around. Ultramarines were first, Blood Angels were second if memory serves. Also a bit of an interesting speculation, if series 1 was power armor, series 2 was terminator armor, does that make series 3 as primaris (god forbid)? 

Wonder whether it will be Dark Angels as the faction of choice this time around. Ultramarines were first, Blood Angels were second if memory serves. Also a bit of an interesting speculation, if series 1 was power armor, series 2 was terminator armor, does that make series 3 as primaris (god forbid)? 

series 3 were plague marines

Blightlord Terminators would seem plausible, to mirror the PA > TDA progression of Series 1 & 2. But honestly i think they'll go back to loyalists. Assault Marines / Vanguard Veterans would give a good variety of loadouts to make the models feel unique.

The cherry blossoms image also looks somewhat like a microscope view of a cell or bacteria, so I'd say this is going to be a release of Blightlords next spring.

The sequence makes sense:

Series 1: marines

Series 2: terminators

Series 3: DG plague marines

Series 4: DG terminators

The new Death Guard codex and the current few different Blightlord sculpts (only 8) would make these models very desirable.

Edited by lansalt

More Blightlord sculpts would be absolutely fantastic!

Won't get my hopes up though as I think they'll move away from DG. They're not the edition's flagship opponents anymore after all

True, but necrons don't exactly make sense either.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did a Primaris series. That's pure guesswork though, and nothing much about that image suggests that's what they're doing.

Wouldn't mind more generic Chaos Marines or maybe Thousand Suns, but I could see them doing a Primaris set.

That's still available though? Just not in GW stores outside of Japan

Ah, cool - didn't know that.

It could be a painting contest in the spring for Series 2 Heroes then.

This is one of those "non-news" events because it could mean almost anything, but what it clearly isn't is an announcement of a new Heroes 4 series. It could be a cheeky hint of some kind, but the speculation that it's a new line is premature, as nothing used in the image is actually indicating something new. They could be reinvigorating the Series 2 line (which would be weird if they are still on sale there) with something.

No use working into a fervor about something that hasn't been said to be occurring.