Kill Team - Killzone Expansion Sets

They are £60.

And here it is in USD:

100 each isn't too bad I think?

Considering the Munitorum set is worth $155 (1 Galvantic servo hauler and 2 munitorum container sets), yeah that looks like a nice deal. 

I did manage to find an old Ryza ruin set at a FLGS for $80, so +20 for an full building sounds nice as well. It's parsing the thrid set I'm not sure on since I don't know the exact kits it has outside of the plasma pipes and those aren't listed anymore. 

Edited by Focslain

They are £60.

And here it is in USD:

Considering the Munitorum set is worth $155 (1 Galvantic servo hauler and 2 munitorum container sets), yeah that looks like a nice deal.

I did manage to find an old Ryza ruin set at a FLGS for $80, so +20 for an full building sounds nice as well. It's parsing the thrid set I'm not sure on since I don't know the exact kits it has outside of the plasma pipes and those aren't listed anymore.

80 bucks for the Ryza ruins? Wow, scalping much? That 'F' in the FLGS might mean something different than 'friendly'. This kit used to be in the 20-30€/£ area iirc, so shouldn't be more than 40-50$ (or are you talking AUS or NZ?). Unless there used to be a different Ryza set I'm not aware of.

Also as an addendum to previous information in here:

The Fronteris set is a fully unique set. It doesn't use any sprues from the Ryza Ruins set. There is not a single re-used piece between those kits. Some are similar and the style obviously is, but none is a 100% copy.

I just cracked open both sets, because I wanted to see if the Fronteris set had 1 or 2 sets of the Ruins to help out with the value calculation, but they're all different sprues with zero re-use.

Edited by gorg_graggel

They are £60.

And here it is in USD:

80 bucks for the Ryza ruins? Wow, scalping much? That 'F' in the FLGS might mean something different than 'friendly'. This kit used to be in the 20-30€/£ area iirc, so shouldn't be more than 40-50$. Unless there used to be a different Ryza set I'm not aware of.

I think Focslain is referring to the Ryza terrain Killzone which was 80 USD?

What's the conversion for Aust dollars..??.. if I may ask... :blush.:

Mithril 

A kidney, your left leg and firstborn child ;)

Edited by Gederas

What's the conversion for Aust dollars..??.. if I may ask... :blush.:

Mithril 

A kidney, your left leg and firstborn child :wink:

Hang on i'm in Australia ,unlike America WE have a free healthcare system :wink: so the kidney and leg are provided for... but my son said he's not going... for some fancy terrain set... :sweat: 

so money it is...

Mithril 

I don't think so, he says +20 compared to the Ruins for the full building. I also edited my previous post with some additional info regarding the uniqueness of the Fronteris set I wasn't aware of.

Edit: Also, I was so distracted by the Ryza thing that I forgot to post something about the Mechanicus set...

https://www.chaosbunker.de/en/2018/08/24/review-warhammer-40000-killzone-sector-mechanicus/

Here's a review from the initial release with pictures of all the sprues. (Don't worry about the '.de', it's in English. ;) )

Edited by gorg_graggel

The Ryza Ruins box was split in half between the Kill Teams that released alongside the original Sector Fronteris box - one sprue (half of a Ryza Ruins box) as with the Theta-7 Kill team with the Manipulus, and the duplicate sprue (half of a Ryza Ruins box) was in the GSC Kill team box with the Kellermorph. None of the actual Ryza Ruins parts were in the Sector Fronteris box.

Sector Fronteris does share at least some sprues with the Moon Base Klaisus box though - I believe you got one sprue that is the same between the two kits in Moon Base Klaisus, and then the Moon Base Klaisus also has one of the Ryza Ruins sprues in it.

Fronteris is two of the Moon Base Klaisus sprues that aren't the Ryza Ruins, and then the unique building and roof sprues.

The Ryza Ruins box was split in half between the Kill Teams that released alongside the original Sector Fronteris box - one sprue (half of a Ryza Ruins box) as with the Theta-7 Kill team with the Manipulus, and the duplicate sprue (half of a Ryza Ruins box) was in the GSC Kill team box with the Kellermorph. None of the actual Ryza Ruins parts were in the Sector Fronteris box.

Sector Fronteris does share at least some sprues with the Moon Base Klaisus box though - I believe you got one sprue that is the same between the two kits in Moon Base Klaisus, and then the Moon Base Klaisus also has one of the Ryza Ruins sprues in it.

Fronteris is two of the Moon Base Klaisus sprues that aren't the Ryza Ruins, and then the unique building and roof sprues.

You're right, I completely forgot about the Klaisus set. It is just 3 sprues though. 2 of the Ruins and 1 of the Fronteris sprues. One of the Fronteris sprues remains unique to the Killzone and both are included twice. In terms of value the Fronteris set is not that great a deal though. It's only got 4 (large) sprues, while the Mechanicus and Munitorum ones have 8 large ones each (Mechanicus has 6 large ones and 4 small ones). It really is only interesting if you want the building.

Edit:

Hm, I wonder if Munitorum and Mechanicus are actually the same as the initial ones. The price list above lists them as 'Mechanicus Refinery' and 'Munitorum Hub', whereas originally they were 'Sector Mechanicus' and 'Sector Munitorum'. They were considered very good deals, maybe GW reduced their contents to make them more equivalent to the Fornteris set?

Edit2:

Nvm, on Warcom they are shown off to be the same ones.

Edit3:

The large sprues of the Mechanicus set seem to be the same as those in the current Kill Team starter set. Instead of the Pipes the starter set has some Reivers and Fire Warriors though.

Edited by gorg_graggel

The Sector Mechanicus Kill Zone is the same terrain you get in the Kill Team starter box minus the plasma conduits, but IIRC the board in the starter box is thicker and folds less.

I'd been hoping that these might all come back out with the boards similar to the starter box, but given the depicted size being identical to the original offerings, they probably still use the more folded, and at least seemingly thinner, board.

Don't think Sanctoris was particularly popular. Seems like they had one last lingering box in German, which was oddly available in the UK store up to a few days ago.

The scatter terrain was also available in the 3 faction boxes that came out with the Elites book (Dolorous Strain, Fractal Blades and Toofripper's Krew).

I don't think so, he says +20 compared to the Ruins for the full building. I also edited my previous post with some additional info regarding the uniqueness of the Fronteris set I wasn't aware of.

Edit: Also, I was so distracted by the Ryza thing that I forgot to post something about the Mechanicus set...

https://www.chaosbunker.de/en/2018/08/24/review-warhammer-40000-killzone-sector-mechanicus/

Here's a review from the initial release with pictures of all the sprues. (Don't worry about the '.de', it's in English. :wink: )

It was the Moonbase set. It just had the Ryza ruins in it so my brain defaulted to calling it that. Sorry for the confusion. 

I was going to get it, but my friend told me about the Killzone release and I stopped my purchase. Needed the money to get the new Fronteris set (and a Mechanicus set). 

It's parsing the thrid set I'm not sure on since I don't know the exact kits it has outside of the plasma pipes and those aren't listed anymore. 

If you're looking for a breakdown of the Mechanicus set:

Thermic Plasma Conduits: £22.50 (I think that's what they were before they were discontinued)

Alchomite Stack: £30

Ferratonic Incinerator: £45

Dunno if that helps :smile.:

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

It's parsing the thrid set I'm not sure on since I don't know the exact kits it has outside of the plasma pipes and those aren't listed anymore. 

If you're looking for a breakdown of the Mechanicus set:

Thermic Plasma Conduits: £22.50 (I think that's what they were before they were discontinued)

Alchomite Stack: £30

Ferratonic Incinerator: £45

Dunno if that helps :smile.:

It does, so translated to USD that is:

Thermic Plasma Conduits - $40 (guessing)

Alchomite Stack - $50

Ferratonic Incinerator - $75 (yikes)

For a total value of $165, not bad considering you get a neat board as well. Might try for a second set of both later down the line and replenish my backlog after that monster construction bay project. 

The Sector Mechanicus shown on the NZ site/pre-ordered there does not have the Ferratonic Incinerator kit and has three of the plasma conduits sprue sets - the original Plasma Conduits box came with two of the sprue sets, so it's a box and a half of that kit plus the Alchomite Stack kit. It's got the board and no cards.

The Munitorium kit appears to only have four containers in it, not six.

The Fronteris kit appears to have one additional sprue in it, because it has an extra barricade, Inquisition chest, and one or possibly two ruined wall segments.

Edit: All the boxes have no game cards in them.

The boards might actually be larger and less folded than the previous Kill Zone boxes - I'm trying to determine that for sure, but the KZ Sector Mechanicus looks like it is folded the same as the Kill Team starter box, which is less folds than the original version of that board.

I'm not sure whether I consider these a good value, but you definitely can't get the plasma conduits or the bunker building in Fronteris ny other way right now.

(Well, not entirely true, you can get one sprue set of plasma conduits per box of Necromunda: Dark Uprising)