History between loss of the Great Khan and War of the Beast

rookster

Hey guys, I was hoping you might be able to help me out I'm working on the background for a white Scars successor chapter from the 4th founding and am trying to flesh out the history of the founing members. I'm thinking of using the Master of Steeds as the founding chapter master but I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out his general battle history. given that The War of the Beasts happens in 544.M32 I think the likelyhood of him being a Veteran of the Seige of Terra or even the Great Scouring unlikely or even having been around When the Great Khan vanished. 

Do you guys have any idea of what the White Scars were doing in between these periods or have any ideas for the battle history of this captain who I'm Calling Nachin Khan, I will be having him and the other founding members be veterans of the War of the Beast.

Edited by rookster

Khan vanished jus 70 years after the end of the Heresy so it is unlikely any of the Warriors who had fought alongside him would still be alive over 1400 years later. Maybe a few Dreadnoughts. Dante is that old but he is regarded as exceptional, even among the long-lived Blood Angels.

Khan vanished jus 70 years after the end of the Heresy so it is unlikely any of the Warriors who had fought alongside him would still be alive over 1400 years later. Maybe a few Dreadnoughts. Dante is that old but he is regarded as exceptional, even among the long-lived Blood Angels.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking as well, I would also think that if such a veteran did exist its unlikely that he would be sent to form a new chapter either. 

• 2 months later...

Do not be so sure of that; Maximus Thane from the Fists Exemplar were a veteran of the Siege of Terra and he lived through The War of the Beast. He was "only" captain of the 2nd company at the onset of the War of the Beast so I would not be surprice if the chapter master and 1st captain (Alameda and Garthas resp.) too were veterans of the Siege, even through it does not expicite state it.

I do not know if Koorland of the Imperial Fists second company was a veteran of the Siege, but since he had a "wall name" (slaughter) which the Imperial Fists were known to use after the Siege, I would not be suprice if he too were a veteran. He too was "only" second captain, with Cassus Mirhen being the chapter master, and Algerin 1st captain. These are properly also veterans of the Siege...

The Supreme Grand Master of the Dark Angels during the War of the Beast (named Puriel; perhaps the 2nd or 3rd Supreme Grand Master), was a veteran of the Great Crusade.

It might be, that the 1st and ½ millenium after the Siege was "relatively peaseful" time; The Traitors were busy in the Slave Wars inside the Eye of Terror, and had not yet "found" a new Warmaster (The 1st Black Crusade being 781. M31... 767 after the Siege), and the Imperium was more stable...