Watch Fortress Velheim - Characters Finished (22/05/2022)

A quick update, got some more work done on the Primaris Lieutenant, going to use him with volkite as the relic shield from time to time.

Still a fair bit to do but hoping to have him ready for this weekend to airbrush osl his weapon same as the libby.

gallery_78744_17047_285464.jpeg

gallery_78744_17047_163282.jpeg

Excellent work on this next batch, I like the blood-work on the sword.

Didn't recognize the helmet on the last model, I am guessing its a combination of a reiver helm and one of the Deathwatch helmets?

Excellent work on this next batch, I like the blood-work on the sword.

Didn't recognize the helmet on the last model, I am guessing its a combination of a reiver helm and one of the Deathwatch helmets?

Cheers, it’s been a getting back into things kinda month so trying to make some solid progress.

I don’t like allot of PW effects with the exception of force so I try to keep things a bit more gritty thus the blood but careful not to overdo it and not on every unit.

Tends to just be characters, combat units and combat dreads.

For Sargents using a reiver helmet I like to rove the helmet vent all the way to the back ring of the helmet and scrape it smooth with a craft knife, I then slowly carve the Sargent plume off the DW upgrade sprue kit head and glue it in place at both ends and then green stuff, I think it works a treat, just need to be careful to get it dead Center.

Finally got a little airbrushing done over the weekend so my Lieutenant and Libby are now done, may add name plates in time when I get around to it but they are now fully painted and based.

I will say the light in the picture makes the osl look whiter than it is as it turns from ice blue to white but you can only see it on the underside clearly due to the light source.

After finishing these guys though it’s back to the grind and I have 8 frag cannons to get done and 2 blackshields.

I am thinking of limiting each company in the DW to a single Lieutenant however as each company is more like a Demi company in size, any thoughts on this.

Anyway as always let me know what you think.

(edit: try and ignore the rouge but of drill plastic that got into the model somehow)

gallery_78744_17047_210989.jpeg

gallery_78744_17047_85891.jpeggallery_78744_17047_88136.jpeg

gallery_78744_17047_80965.jpeg

gallery_78744_17047_157316.jpeg

gallery_78744_17047_27514.jpeg

Edited by Duke Danse Macabre

They turned out great, love the thematic librarian!

Cheers, really enjoyed doing him, just a shame I can’t go too nuts bits wise unless I can keep the theme.

Think I need to invest in some conversion fodder. Lol

Just painting Frag cannons now… not fun. :(