40K Primaris vs. White Scars FW

brother_b

I'm considering getting a small patrol of White Scars. I want to field a completely primaris marine army, but really love the look of Qin Xa from FW and the Legion Praetor.

How do the FW models for White Scars stack up with primaris marines?

Thanks for your help, I did a search and didn't find anything specific.

I guess you could grab some of the Ebon Keshig and use them as a base to upscale marines to Primaris size, whilst keeping the legion/chapter details. Alternatively you could use FW upgrade kits with Primaris and maybe use plasticard or greenstuff to add the hip plating.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like then the FW miniatures are smaller than primaris, which makes sense. After decades in the hobby I still haven't ever sourced or worked with plasticard. Green stuff is a possibility but I'm not that good with it.

I'll check eBay for FW kits and pieces as a way to add goodies to my small army.

Aye, the regular marines are smaller for sure. Terminators are probably on par height wise, but will need adjustment to not look like Terminators! I guess greenstuffing the plates shouldn't be too difficult. At its simplest, you'll need three squares/rectangles, each slightly thinner than the last and then layer them (either before or after placement on the model) with a bit of curing time between each one. I'm sure other folk on here would be much more able to give a good guide!

There's also the Primaris upgrade kit for Scars, but that just adds a couple of cool bits and pieces.