Hive Fleet Nundu, the lost Tendril_>new bioforms spotted--->>

Brother Nathan

small update. undercoated the new monster atlast. hoping to start painting on night shift. meanwhile painting in an empty office with covid so gotten a few gaunts done. hopefullly get plenty more done in the next month r so. 

20211219 094807

always need more and have a bunch that once were spine gaunts hthat lost arms and have ganed a chunk of spares in trades that ive been working on putting together. have more to get repainted to my scheme too so plenty more minis comming soon too. they were definately more fun to paint than my cultists have been and more fufilling to see them done. actually lookingforward to doing more nids. 

thanks guys. all things considered alls good just a lot of hospital runs and waiting and such. all going right way though. have taken some hobby time as better to distract self so started a rather large project ive been planning for  a while as its easier to build than paint atm. 

so been hopiong to do this conversion for ages or something similar. is changing as i go and finding better options etc. anyway am awaiting more puttys to be able to get much further but ill post pics and ask qqqqqqqs if theres anything you wanna know. 

mostly tyranno fex rebuild. leg chop first and reposition. 

20211231 105322

dante for scale

20220104 001454

few parts collected for this

20211231 110354

saw a few builds like this but decided this was not the way

20220104 001845

so choppu chopp

20220104 185311

20220104 185321

gives this, needs a small junction but its working

20220104 200543

and a few of the off cuts in new positions.

20220104 215349

20220104 215356

lots to fill in with putty and new chichin plates to be added behind head and make the maw look more a part. still playing with talons and arms but im loving how its coming together . as i say alot to do but its getting there better than i expected and im liking mine more than the others iv seen. thoughts and suggestions?

Good to see another model done, the Swarmlord should do good for you - closest thing to a leader character nids have and while he is expensive he has some nice tricks :tu: Just as well as it looks like a big project working on your Dima conversion so you'll need the extra time :P It's coming along nicely the size is about right and it looks the part which is the main things on any counts-as/converted build :)

cheers i appreciate that. a bunch of greenstuff to add to it yet but i think its quite visable what im aiming for. anyway further progress on my exocrine and such. i also took out all my big bugs for a group shot. no idea what ill do armament wise with the fexes atm. whats actually best?

20220110 172915

Best as an all rounder, or best at a particular task? Fexes are similar to Warriors in that they have a good number of choices but that doesn't necessarily translate into good choices.

As I have talked about at length in various places Carnifexes are much like Dreads in their role, so with a good number of attacks and decent stats they're well worth getting stuck into combat though as with other units struggle in the AT role. This is where the weapon choices can come in as it gives them a versatile role and can fill some AT gaps. My first two have Heavy Venom Cannons to add some much needed long ranged AT. Third has a strangler for something a bit different.

I like Enhanced Senses on the HVCs due to their importance in filling a big hole, but I aim to spring for it on any shooting fex if I can afford it generally. I think their support role is a good fit which is why I have combat/shooty dual builds, but there is enough scope for them to hang back more which could also mean pure shooting builds are viable. If you want to delve into them more, the Unit of the Week entry is a good place to go :thumbsup:

sml_gallery_41125_17180_128253.jpg

#CRUSHERSTAMPEDE!

Looking great, can't wait to see that grey gribbly painted up.

9th seems pretty forgiving in terms of loadouts, with pure melee, pure shooting an mixed ones all being viable. With the push to claim central objectives, though, your carnifexen can put some work in, and you might get good value/use from a combined arms (hehe) approach, so dakka and choppy. Something like dual devourers + scytals gets you a lot of shots against chaff, but retain some good melee for up close. Don't forget you can shoot in combat now if you're engaged in the shooting phase. Dual builds have the problem of a suboptimal choice of heads - shooty builds prefer enhanced senses, but you can make something that's bad at both with acid maw, while melee carnifexes get mileage from tusks, or whatever that +1 attack upgrade is.

Basically, it's down to preference, and you can't go wrong. Maybe think about what the rest of your list is lacking and take it from there? Heavy venom cannon is good, as it's one of the few anti tank guns in the list, but you can't shoot into combat with it. Something like venom cannon + other shooty weapon like dual deathspitters and enhanced senses would be an ok backfield defender.

so i was trying to figure out exactly how many nids i have and got confused so decided to get them all out for a count. seems ive far more stealers than i think ill ever need. will prioritise continuing greenstuff on the diama and getting everything to match in before i look at getting anything else. (he says with several ebay bids. sigh)

20220115 155526

deffo is just the dining table as ive no boards or mats yet and cant find what im looking for whithout over paying so may be a while in comming (bron to match their bases. ill get everything cloer to done for the next group shot. 

In the group i play they are a bit flex with wysiwyg. I figured theres a few options they can comfortably count as. Fleshborers scything talons even into the spore crysts and spine banks if needed. Options. Doubt ill ever use the fexes seriously

Adding a link to a vid so can see it 360. Forgot to put tail scyth on for it and havr sincr decided to magnatise that too. Looking some feedback if you can at this point. Am not sure if tenticals are working right.

https://youtube.com/shorts/fiZoZZMQpAw?feature=share