The Crusade of the Righteous - Techmarine!

Sir Clausel

I echo the compliments for both characters and the changes made to them. Way better than the stock kits, at least in terms of having a battle pose instead of a resting pose.

For helbrecht, an idea I may try out is to have two neophytes instead of the servitors: one with a boltgun, one with a melta. Fill out the base and still represent his wargear.

Would love to see more pictures/angles of helbrecht.

Edited by Juggernut

Thanks alot for the comments.

I really like them both. The Grimaldus changes are subtle but just make him seem more warlike. And Helbrecht looks so ready to ruin someone's day.

Thats how I roll. Less is more is my usual aproach.

I echo the compliments for both characters and the changes made to them. Way better than the stock kits, at least in terms of having a battle pose instead of a resting pose.

For helbrecht, an idea I may try out is to have two neophytes instead of the servitors: one with a boltgun, one with a melta. Fill out the base and still represent his wargear.

Would love to see more pictures/angles of helbrecht.

Helbrecht needs a neophyte banner bearer

I really like those ideas!

But I thought about why I dont like the Thralls is that they make it look like a diorama instead of a tabletop miniature. I like the mini to "fit" on the tabletop.
Anyway here is a few extra pics of the big man himself:

gallery_29939_17187_1456861.jpg

gallery_29939_17187_620429.jpg

gallery_29939_17187_744528.jpg

gallery_29939_17187_215481.jpg

Hope they help in showing how I did it. If not feel free to ask :D

I like the melta-toting thrall just because I can see it standing back. I already have plans to magnetize the sword cleaning thrall when I get my helbretch, and only putting him on when Helbretch scores a kill or two.

"Suffer not the unclean to stain my blade. Servitor! Ensure that their filth doesn't have time to dry."

• 2 months later...

Its been awhile since last update and some things have been happening but as Im still waiting for my Two Thin Coats paints to arrive(got delayed from being sent now to seending in march) I havent been able to finish anything.

But as I want to show you guys some progress here is my conversion of the new gravis captain. Still some tweaking to do like some moldlines Ive missed and straighting of the handle.

gallery_29939_17187_591325.jpg

Since I was planing on using my airbrush and drybrush for the armor I didnt have to wait for the new paints to paint the armor.

I went with some zenithal airbrush highlights and then lightly drybrushed a lighter grey tone to hit some of the edges and then a wash to tone it down abit and bring it all together. I think with the little time it took to paint the armor like this and how it looks Im really pleased with the result.

Some thing may very well be changed later as the rest of the model is painted but I only think it will be minor changes.

gallery_29939_17187_23697.jpg

Anyway. What do you all think?

Thanks for the compliments guys :)

The Gravis Captain looks promising.

The second model's chain is poorly placed, obstructing the bolt rifle's ejection port and potentially causing it to jam. The chain should bind his right hand to the weapon, and I don't see it doing so.

Yeah i cut off the chain attachment to the arm as i dont like i. Not a big fan of chains but it is an insane amount of work to remove all the chains and clean them up. So some of the chains is left.

Your initiate looks excellent, and that sounds like a very efficient technique!

It is very time efficient for the result given if i may say so. The entire army so far is painted like this and it took a full day to do. And i did not hurry up in the slightest. Took brakes and stuff :p

• 9 months later...

I finally got my Two thin coats paints!!

So now i can begin the painting for real! So here is the very first mini of my new Black templars! 

The idea is to have them a bit grim dark but not too much. 

He does look a bit rough some places but overall im happy. Now lets get to painting the rest of his brothers!

IMG_20221125_184050.thumb.jpg.20ce9719d56c20c31f0948ba3954eae7.jpg

I have been on a painting spree! Since the armor and shouldpads where done loooooong ago I only have to paint details pretty much.
The lighting is not the best for the pictures but i am happy with the minis!
Now ill think ill paint a character or a tank.

IMG_20221129_220648.jpg

IMG_20221129_215934.jpg

IMG_20221129_215954.jpg

Edited by Sir Clausel

2 hours ago, Prot said:

I love the tank. A good solid looking vehicle with appropriate wear and tear. I can't stand painting vehicles to this day, but when I see something like that it is definitely inspiring!

Thanks for the compliment!

Inspiring you is certainly good feeling as your work inspires me.

I usually find tanks mortifying to start but they are quite surprisingly fast to paint.