The Crusade of the Righteous - Techmarine!

Sir Clausel

Thanks for the comments guys :) 

I know not all my convertions will be liked by everyone and thats fine. 

The reason for the helmets is i dont like bare heads. And especially the bowlcuts! So i had to do something there. I have quite a few extra firstborn helmets so I think they are the best thing to replace the bowlcut heads :p

Last models of the year. Almost painted a full 2k list since i got the paints in the end of November. Mind you the black armor and the white for the shoulders and bases were pretty much done before. But im pretty happy so far and cant wait to paint some terminators next year to round out the list. Then its on to add all the extra stuff so i can do some variation.

Happy new year all of you. Hope you get through it without injury so you can keep up painting.

Anyway the last 5 models of the year is just some bolter wielding battle brothers.

IMG_20221230_154128.jpg

Well i finally got my first 2k painted up! Aaaaaand now i need like something worth 200 points more because everything got cheaper!

But it doesnt take away from the fact that my terminator squad with hammers and shields are done! Im pretty happy with how they turned out. All my work i have done on the whole army before painting the individual squads makes it all go so much faster and better than i had hoped.

IMG_20230105_195023.jpg

What do you think?

Edited by Sir Clausel

So i got the Dread and hellblasters finished! Wanted to do them right after eachother so i could airbrush the glow on them both at the same time. Still learning the airbrush, and im not too happy with the glow on the dread. But the hellblasters im very happy with! 

The freehand on the dread have some ties to my other marine armies just for the fun of it.

IMG_20230110_220453.jpg

IMG_20230110_220315.jpg

A good heretic is a dead heretic

IMG_20230110_220437.jpg

First time playing with a Blood effects paint. Very easy and fun !

IMG_20230110_220407.jpg

IMG_20230110_220631.jpg

IMG_20230110_220618.jpg

Edited by Sir Clausel

Love the flames on the plasma and the red stripes on the fist of the dread. Some good ideas there. I still have two to assemble after years of waiting with (well one of them, other came with the 'lunch box').

Also loving the hellblasters.  green stuff or 3rd party loincloth bits? I almost feel like I wanna recognise one as the lower half of an old tabard? 

Much zeal to be found here. Gonna start clamoring for one of those group shots of it soon

Thanks for the compliments :) I wanted some kind of oldschool reference for the plasma on the dread and the fist just looked so bland in all black so something had to be done. I think you need to add some stuff to the dreads and tanks otherwise they get boring. Luckily BT are very easy to add interesting stuff to them. And easy to manage so you dont overdo them.

The tabards on the hellblasters are mostly GS. I did some moulds of the ones on the Neophytes and just bended them slighty to add som movement. The one on the sergant is actually a third party cape made for IG :p If i remember correctly i had to trim it a tiny bit :)

I Have no idea what gave you the idea for a groupshot :p :p But when i have painted everything up that i have assembled i will do a groupshot with some of my terrain. There is actually not s lot left to paint. (Offcourse i will buy more later!!)

Edited by Sir Clausel

Not very constructive of me but I just want to compliment you on your work. Great style dirty style, nice sculpted tabards/cloths and overall good results with the glow. The glowing plasma coils on the Dread look nice, too - don't worry about it. If you're inexperienced with an airbrush, it doesn't show here ;)