Codex: Aeldari

I'm hoping that this Avatar sculpt turns out great because it will need to be added to my Avatar collection. I hope you get weapon options like the plastic Bloodthirster. More flavours of doom for all. :p

So, what do we reckon?

Two different "builds" for the Avatar giving the choice of sword or spear and a Named or "Exalted" Avatar with a third weapon option?

Rik

You mean Meliniel/Warshard?

Yeah, or creating an "Exalted Avatar" concept that works for the Daughters of Khaine in Age of Sigmar too, much as Bel'akor and the named Greater Daemons appear in both.

Rik

Do i get it right that the corsairs won't get new models, only rules?

That would seem odd. GW have stopped doing units without models a long time ago to stop 3rd-party model makers cashing in. One rumour mentioned that they would be a dual kit with Guardians. Maybe they will play like an elite version of Guardians who can be kitted out with more special weapons.

I don't know for sure but I will eat my hat if Corsairs are in the Codex without an appropriate kit to represent them.

I could see it being a way to run a Yriel style corsair army. If they updated guardians kit with a new head swap, and basically limited them from taking farseers, and aspect warriors it wouldn't be that far from the fluff. Maybe a way for them to test the waters and see if people are interested in it.

That said what disappoints me is that I was hoping for Exodites and they don't seem likely with all the options being rolled into the craftworlds book. 

The prospect of Chosen being part of a boxset is giving me some Dark Vengeance flashbacks. If this comes to pass I really hope it's not the same situation again and they're a proper kit. Or even if they're monopose I hope they release them separately afterwards.

I don't think they'd do mono-pose with a boxset as small as this one is rumored to be. That and they'll have to do some heavy lifting to get that unit entry to be interesting they don't have the easy button storm shield. 

Do i get it right that the corsairs won't get new models, only rules?

That would seem odd. GW have stopped doing units without models a long time ago to stop 3rd-party model makers cashing in. One rumour mentioned that they would be a dual kit with Guardians. Maybe they will play like an elite version of Guardians who can be kitted out with more special weapons.

I don't know for sure but I will eat my hat if Corsairs are in the Codex without an appropriate kit to represent them.

I could see it being a way to run a Yriel style corsair army. If they updated guardians kit with a new head swap, and basically limited them from taking farseers, and aspect warriors it wouldn't be that far from the fluff. Maybe a way for them to test the waters and see if people are interested in it.

That said what disappoints me is that I was hoping for Exodites and they don't seem likely with all the options being rolled into the craftworlds book. 

The prospect of Chosen being part of a boxset is giving me some Dark Vengeance flashbacks. If this comes to pass I really hope it's not the same situation again and they're a proper kit. Or even if they're monopose I hope they release them separately afterwards.

I don't think they'd do mono-pose with a boxset as small as this one is rumored to be. That and they'll have to do some heavy lifting to get that unit entry to be interesting they don't have the easy button storm shield. 

Inbuilt inv save would be enough to put them on the map (look at sword brethren - they are at least talked about thanks to the 5++) but probably not enough to make them truly competitve (look sword brethren again). If the rules were interesting then it would get me back into blacklegion/word bearers.

Is 9th ed Secretly Gibbons Edition?

The Avatar standing over a burnt-out marine is definitely something GW could do, looking at Be'Lakor. 

A Chaos/Eldar boxed set would annihilate my wallet. I hope it's true. 

If 9th is Gibbons edition it is a glorious time.

Plastic noise marines based on 2nd ed codex art.... please! [i know that wasn't gibbons but all is good]

Plastic multi part chosen would be tasty. We can but hope eh?!

If they do have a Chaos Space Marine / Craftworld battlebox release I will definitely get one as I am working up an Alpha Legion army and my old Craftworld troops could use a boost :)

I do hope that CWE and CSM both get purchasable HQ/Elite bonus abilities/upgrades in the same vein as the Space Marines and Sisters of Battle have received.

I am very much looking forward to seeing how they have updated the rules for the Avatar in 9th.

All of this is, if true, great news for the asuryani. Personally, though, I'm most excited at the prospect of getting corsairs in plastic.

I must not hope.

Hope is the faith-killer.

Hope is the little-dream that brings disappointment.

I will face my hope.

I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

Where the hope has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

I'm saving my money, though, just in case...

Day 4:

GSi8WWB.png

All of this is, if true, great news for the asuryani. Personally, though, I'm most excited at the prospect of getting corsairs in plastic.

I must not hope.
Hope is the faith-killer.
Hope is the little-dream that brings disappointment.
I will face my hope.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the hope has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

I'm saving my money, though, just in case...

The Craftworld way of life is built on Hope, Ioldanach, nothing wrong with it showing through every now and again :wink:

Edited by TrawlingCleaner

Ranger bikers are an all-new unit. My Rangers are quite nicely painted so a revamp of them would have to be pretty impressive to tempt me to part with my cash. A new unit with different capabilities on the other hand could sway me.

GSi8WWB.png[/size][/font][/color][/background]

Move-shoot-move on a super biker sniper?

Yup, that would do it for me!  :woot:

Feels a bit silly to have a potential for 32" movement in addition to the long range of the sniper rifles on the smaller table sizes, but then again it's further proof that model design has priority over game design.

The upside is they can gave an impact on the game from wherever they are on the table provided they have LOS. :)

Feels a bit silly to have a potential for 32" movement in addition to the long range of the sniper rifles on the smaller table sizes, but then again it's further proof that model design has priority over game design.

The upside is they can gave an impact on the game from wherever they are on the table provided they have LOS. :smile.:

Yeah, I agree, but isn't GSC Ridgerunners a bit similar to this?

You know it really wouldn’t surprise me if the shroud runner is just an upgrade kit for the skyweavers set. Given that they’re claiming that harlequins are getting folded into the codex, the two-person jetbike already exists and an upgrade sprue including both riders and a scatter laser would probably be more cost effective. Just something I thought of.

You know it really wouldn’t surprise me if the shroud runner is just an upgrade kit for the skyweavers set. Given that they’re claiming that harlequins are getting folded into the codex, the two-person jetbike already exists and an upgrade sprue including both riders and a scatter laser would probably be more cost effective. Just something I thought of.

I think that’s an interesting design space, and I too would be curious to see whether or not they run with it. I assume they have equations/something to determine whether or not a kit would be financially feasible, but they could represent so much this way.

Interestingly enough that kit is designed with the crew separate from the vehicles... Rumour of scatter laser may suggest that'd be a third weapon option in that sprue too though.

It'd be the first time there'd be bits in a kit that have 'no reason to be there' though unless Rangers can use the Harlie masks on the bike sprues somehow (Elite Harlequin 'Mime' jetbikes rather than 'Outcasts' as an alternate to give a 4++ holo-field save option on them would be cool, but pretty unlikely IMO, despite how awesome it would be to have units of basically death jester bikes)

They probably could have just used the CADs of the skyweavers and created a whole new kit by swapping other stuff in for the masks and weapons on those sprues. My guess is that GW is not that concerned about making new the new molds for this 'big Asuryani release'... but already having a 'twin jetbike' CAD asset would be a good thing from a development effort/timeline perspective at least, one would assume.

Big question follows whether 'shining spears are going to be a whole new kit, integrated into the new Ranger bike kit, or just based on the last windriders sprues'. On the face of it adding a single 'lances, heads and armours' sprue to windriders box would seem a bit easier as an 'upgrade kit' than throwing a sprue of ranger riders on to bikes that have Harlie masks in the current iteration. I know as soon as shining spears are actually plastic I'm in for two... but ranger bikes also sounds very fun.

My wallet is whimpering in anticipation.

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.