New Year, New Gang! - What are your 'munda plans for 2022?

Dosjetka

With another pretty crap year fast approaching its demise, it's time to look to the bright and cheerful future, and to reflect upon what you'd like to achieve: eat more healthily, take up a new physical activity, quit the nicotine game...

...or you could commit to something meaningful in the form of painting Necromunda models (rich coming from me, I know :laugh.:)!

I managed to get a handful of Escher models painted in 2021 but that mojo seems to have fizzled out, so I'm considering focusing on another gang (Cawdor, perhaps? TBC) to try and get that mojo back. I also have a truckload of models for NPC characters for future campaigns. Last but not least, I'd like to commit to being more active in this nook of the B&C. :smile.:

What about you: what did you manage to achieve in 2021, Necromunda-wise, and what are your plans for the coming year?

Edited by Dosjetka
Edited tag.

I think most of us have had another abysmal year thanks to Papa Nurgle! The best spin I can put on it is it's another year to appreciate what you have rather than what you want :wink:

Don't feel bad about running out of steam with your Escher. I think they're the most detailed and intricate of the gangs to paint. Escher are my favourite gang but I'm glad I've finished mine and I'll be quite happy if I never have to build and paint another :laugh.: . Cawdor will be much easier to paint so maybe look to them?...You might not want to go back to the Escher though :wink:

This year has seen me focus on terrain more than my gangs (I'd have posted them up here but it's such a faff posting photos on here now that I don't have a Photo Bucket account). Here are some links to what I've achieved this year, these are outside links to my blog, it's the only way I can share anything on here now because for some reason the server hasn't allowed me to do anything with my profile for quite a while now....maybe the account is too old perhaps?....just like me :laugh.:

I started the year off in January with a photographic backdrop for my Necromunda gangs

https://castigatorschaos.blogspot.com/2021/01/lightbox-background-20.html

March saw me building some risers, a Bridge and a Sump canal.

https://castigatorschaos.blogspot.com/2021/03/necromunda-rising.html

In May I started building some civilians to populate our corner of the Underhive. Unfortunately I only completed one of the four planned (the other three are glaring at me accusingly as I type this!).

https://castigatorschaos.blogspot.com/2021/05/civvy-street-in-underhive-karina-page.html

The Book of Blades saw me redesign my Escher gang (the Voodoo Dolls) in June and build a quick and dirty case for them to live in over lockdown :wink:

https://castigatorschaos.blogspot.com/2021/06/voodoo-dolls-updatedand-case-to-put.html

Even though I have more than enough terrain to create two tables worth of Necromunda, I finally succumbed to temptation and bought Dark Uprising so I could build a full Zone Mortalis table.....which I've still to make any real progress with :blush.: ....Lockdown had lifted and all I wanted to do hobby wise was play!

I finished off this year with yet another 'munda terrain tile

https://castigatorschaos.blogspot.com/2021/12/necromunda-terrain-tile-10-darkmaw.html

And that's all I've done this year, a very poor showing to previous years but one that has kept me sane (ish) through these difficult times.

Next year's projects are to finish the Zone Mortalis board.

Finish my Renegade Mech gang (Venators), the Marionettes.

Build and paint my Orlock gang, the Ash Hounds.

Build and paint my Nightwild Corpse Grinder cult, the Sullied Sun for a campaign I'm dreaming up.

Build and paint an Ogryn special character (and his entourage) called the Beastmaster for yet another narrative campaign.

Hopefully, GW will slow down with the Necromunda releases long enough for me to get most of them done...but....who am I kidding, just release the Ratskins and Ash Waste Nomads already!!...but whatever happens, I have more than enough projects to keep me going....shush Delaque scum, your whispers are poison to me....I will not be tempted to start another gang....honest!

First of all, thanks for sharing your thoughts and achievements from the past year, Castigator. :tu:

Cawdor definitely seem like an easier gang to paint but after playing a couple of games with my Escher this afternoon and having another game slated for next Tuesday, I think I've got some degree of motivation back to get some progress done on them. :) Besides, I don't yet have the weapon upgrade sets for Cawdor and am loathe to start assembling models without examining the contents of those first!

Looking back at what you've managed to do over the past year was a real joy, Castigator. I'm going to pinch the idea of removing the lizard-like crests on the Phelynx and I'm intrigued by your custom rules for gang creation. And your tiles are, as ever, fantastic and I am very jealous of them.

Very curious about and excited to see the projects you have planned for 2022! :D

Happy New Year everyone! :D

*crickets*

Ah well, perhaps this might get some more people to share their projects for this next year: I'm thinking about organising a painting event for the subforum, probably in a similar vein to the previous editions of Turf War we've had, organised by the mighty Wolf Narco Lord Ranulf. Is there any interest for this kind of event in the near-ish future?

So, in 2021, I managed to get a 1000 credit starting gang built and painted for each of the Houses, the Corpse Grinder Cult, the Enforcers, Chaos Cult and Genestealer Cult. Plus quite a few Hangers-on and Brutes.

This year it is working on my Inquisitorial retinue (a Venator gang), and so far this year I have managed to paint 9 models up for it.

Edited by ShadowCaptainMcCaffery

Hail! 

In 2021 I managed to paint zero Necromunda models or terrain. 

In 2022 I want to finish the following:

- 12 Van Saar plastic gangers

- 2 Ambots

- Scutinator Servalen & cyber-mastiff

- Dome Runner hanger-on

- Ammo-jack hanger-on

- Squat ammo-jack hanger-on

- SecMec Void Shield Generator

- Sector Mortalis Gang Compound/base thing

When they are done, I would like to reward myself with all the Forge World Van Saar models. 

Cheers!

My main project is seeing if I can find a place to live with a decent game room. Next up is getting our pandemic-tossed “Lost Zone” campaign up and running again, as I just love the lowdown and dirty feel of gangers scrambling around for trash, which I feel can get a bit lost in the basic Necromunda rules. Thirdly, I want to get my huuuge terrain project that I’m working on with a friend done. We have done lots of work already, but it will definitely take a couple of weekends to finish,

Lastly, I want to post more on this board, as I’ve really been slipping due to work, stress and general real-life annoyances that have just sucked the hobby energy right out of my ragged old carcass.

So, in 2021, I managed to get a 1000 credit starting gang built and painted for each of the Houses, the Corpse Grinder Cult, the Enforcers, Chaos Cult and Genestealer Cult. Plus quite a few Hangers-on and Brutes.

This year it is working on my Inquisitorial retinue (a Venator gang), and so far this year I have managed to paint 9 models up for it.

Impressive record for last year and it looks like you've got a strong start this year! Keep it up, and welcome to the B&C. :tu:

Hail! 

In 2021 I managed to paint zero Necromunda models or terrain. 

In 2022 I want to finish the following:

- 12 Van Saar plastic gangers

- 2 Ambots

- Scutinator Servalen & cyber-mastiff

- Dome Runner hanger-on

- Ammo-jack hanger-on

- Squat ammo-jack hanger-on

- SecMec Void Shield Generator

- Sector Mortalis Gang Compound/base thing

When they are done, I would like to reward myself with all the Forge World Van Saar models. 

Cheers!

Glad to see you're ambitious with your plans despite 2021 being a wash Necromunda-wise. Good luck and keep us updated with your progress. :)

My main project is seeing if I can find a place to live with a decent game room. Next up is getting our pandemic-tossed “Lost Zone” campaign up and running again, as I just love the lowdown and dirty feel of gangers scrambling around for trash, which I feel can get a bit lost in the basic Necromunda rules. Thirdly, I want to get my huuuge terrain project that I’m working on with a friend done. We have done lots of work already, but it will definitely take a couple of weekends to finish,

Lastly, I want to post more on this board, as I’ve really been slipping due to work, stress and general real-life annoyances that have just sucked the hobby energy right out of my ragged old carcass.

Sounds like a solid plan. Feel free to share pics and impressions from your Lost Zone campaign. I for one would be happy to see/read them. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Not really touched anything Munda related since I bought my Cawdor in 2019, but the tease about the Ash Wastes has gotten my interest, so I may finish off my Nomads and build some more scenery. I still have a few buildings to finish I started ages ago, but they did get a bit damp so the card has warped, but that just adds to the fun of finishing it I think. :lol

I do have a model of some WW2 German armoured car thingy (cant remember the name off the top of my head) I may turn that into some form of 'borrowed' PDF vehicle, but then that means I have to decide on making a super serious vehicle of ass kicking or go tongue in cheek and go for a Tank Girl/Girls und Panzer cutsie vehicle for my Escher to drive around in? 

Hmmmmmm... Choices choices. 

Sounds like a solid plan. Feel free to share pics and impressions from your Lost Zone campaign. I for one would be happy to see/read them. :smile.:

Seems like I managed to find a place to live! So now the next parts of my plan can start moving along soonish.

Come to think of it, I haven't shared photos here for years! What's a good photosharing site these days?

Sounds like a solid plan. Feel free to share pics and impressions from your Lost Zone campaign. I for one would be happy to see/read them. :smile.:

Seems like I managed to find a place to live! So now the next parts of my plan can start moving along soonish.

Come to think of it, I haven't shared photos here for years! What's a good photosharing site these days?

I use imgur code it’s easy to use. Not sure what other fraters use though. 

Looks like my current to do list is making sand dunes and rocks, I need something for my dune buggys to crash into. :lol

I have an old Land Speeder I could convert into a buggy, like the Buzzards in Fury Road. 

557d9214ef5acc937fd0221f7a25c008.jpg

Not really touched anything Munda related since I bought my Cawdor in 2019, but the tease about the Ash Wastes has gotten my interest, so I may finish off my Nomads and build some more scenery. I still have a few buildings to finish I started ages ago, but they did get a bit damp so the card has warped, but that just adds to the fun of finishing it I think. :laugh.:

I do have a model of some WW2 German armoured car thingy (cant remember the name off the top of my head) I may turn that into some form of 'borrowed' PDF vehicle, but then that means I have to decide on making a super serious vehicle of ass kicking or go tongue in cheek and go for a Tank Girl/Girls und Panzer cutsie vehicle for my Escher to drive around in? 

Hmmmmmm... Choices choices. 

Sounds like a plan! I'm not particularly enthused by the Ash Wastes so far, but that'll likely change once GW show us something concrete rather than vague articles about what we can expect to see. In the meantime, the underhive is a big place and I'm having a lot of fun in it. :)

Congrats on the new home!

The B&C has its own gallery but it's fiddly to use on mobile. As Axineton suggested, Imgur is a solid alternative. :tu:

Congrats on the new home!

The B&C has its own gallery but it's fiddly to use on mobile. As Axineton suggested, Imgur is a solid alternative. :thumbsup:

Thanks! Everything's about sorting stuff and putting it into boxes for the next couple of weeks, then we'll  have to paint some very large scale "terrain" (i.e. the house) and put down some new floor boards, maybe removing a bit of excess weathering from the new project :D

After that I'll get right on to sharing the (hopefully) lots of Necro stuff I'll be doing this year. I actually didn't know about the dedicated B&C gallery so I'll probably use that, assuming I can figure it out :D

assuming I can figure it out :biggrin.:

If I figured it out Im sure you can, Im retarded when it comes to tech. Been playing guitar since 97 and I still dont know how pickups work. :lol

assuming I can figure it out :biggrin.:

If I figured it out Im sure you can, Im retarded when it comes to tech. Been playing guitar since 97 and I still dont know how pickups work. :laugh.:

Me too! I just know stuff gets louder when I turn the knobs and sounds slightly different when I wiggle the little stick (that's what she said...) :)