Legends- Renegade Command Vs Renegade Disciples

Wolf Lord Loki

I primarily use Disciples as backfield ranged support. They sit back on objectives with a missile launcher or lascannon and a plasma gun or meltagun (in case the enemy gets close) and they take potshots at the enemy while holding objectives.

Disciple Squad moves to gain line of sight during a battle vs. Tau

gallery_88062_14499_1971.jpg

I use Command Squads far more aggressively. I view them as vehicles for Banners of Hate as the charge re-roll is invaluable.

I've still lost every one of my R&H games this edition, what with the other armies having stratagems, relics, faction secondaries, and warlord traits. :smile.: But Disciples and Command Squads are both fun units that are very flavorful for us. Plus now that our troops can hold objectives and are pretty darn good at doing secondaries, my R&H perform way better this edition than they ever did in 8th edition.

Edited by Tallarn Commander

Wow I am thrilled to see R&H legends discussion!

The bs on the disciples does seem quite nice, they seem like their stats and options make them heavy lifters in terms of infantry.

Any value in autocannons? I feel like I already have the answer but I have a good 10 teams from my 30k cult

militia army.

Yes, I find Disciples' BS to be quite useful. And they tend to get ignored because they are way in back while I'm pouring tons of Chaos Militia, Mutant Rabble, Mauler Hounds, and Marauders into the midfield.

Khornestar, I haven't really been impressed with autocannons in 8th and 9th editions, they just seem lackluster relative to heavy bolters. This is sad, because from 3rd to 7th Editions, autocannons were my favorite heavy weapon for my IG army.

Wolf Lord Loki, in 7th and 8th, I just used single models carrying rocket launchers and a 2nd guy as a heavy weapons team (which I would then either put into Militia Squads or use in R&H Heavy Weapons Squads). My opponents never had a problem with it even at tournaments. Tough, technically they should be on a larger base. During COVID lockdown this year and last year I put all 10 of my heavy weapons teams on bases.

Here are some images of my old school heavy weapons teams of 2 individual troopers

2nd Militia Squad (actually I think they were Disciples during this tournament) with rocket launcher

gallery_88062_14499_183861.jpg

Renegade Commander Dnegrah's Command Squad with rocket launcher alongside Earthshaker Carriage

gallery_88062_14499_72084.jpg

The surviving 2 members (rocket gunner and loader) of a R&H Heavy Weapons Squad, alongside a Night Lords Havoc Squad with autocannons

gallery_88062_14499_213968.jpg

The Necron/DE enemy had blown away 2 other rocket loaders and 2 other rocket gunners. This was back in 7th, when Autocannon Havocs were very effective.

And here is an image of my new bases in 9th Edition, 4th Militia Squad lascannon takes potshots at Admech transport

gallery_88062_14499_187709.jpeg

Poxmaw and Moonsoul finally get a real base after 4 years!

gallery_88062_14499_100073.jpeg

9th Nostroman R&H Mercenary Company, "Hell's Horde"

Edited by Tallarn Commander