The Void Slayers - Warriors Eternal Reborn & Renamed

Codex Grey

Do LTs get silver trim in addition to silver hands? Do CAPTs get silver helmets in addition to the silver trim they had as LTs?

Yes, that's the idea. The Higher the rank, the more metal. Actually, I think once they reach the Consensus, they cover their entire armor in Silver?

Excellent idea.

Maybe they display the Chapter symbol on both shoulder pads, but use the Diamond on one or both symbols to denote Company.

Will they NOT use the right pauldron to declare their function in the Chapter, i.e., a skull for HQ units, four outward-pointing arrows for Assault, one upward-pointing arrow for line infantry, etc.? If so, will this be done for security and counterintelligence purposes?

With the skull as immediate reference for the diamond symbol, distinguishing between different companies with similar symbols would be easier.

gallery_22046_5057_7520.png

Excellent idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Bjorn!

Will they NOT use the right pauldron to declare their function in the Chapter, i.e., a skull for HQ units, four outward-pointing arrows for Assault, one upward-pointing arrow for line infantry, etc.? If so, will this be done for security and counterintelligence purposes?

Squad markings are still on the kneepads. However, I think the Slayers would have no problem mixing it up a bit from time to time to confuse the enemy.

I'm working on a Insignium page, similar to what I did to my Heralds, just working out the layout and what to include. For now, I've somewhat finalized the Company symbols.

gallery_22046_5057_249991.png

Edited by Codex Grey

• 4 months later...

After making some minor additions, cuts and changes here and there over the past months, I think this first version of the article is complete and I'm pretty happy with it. Still, if anything sticks out, I still want to know.
Thanks to everyone who helped out with the development.

---

I also made another painting attempt, this time with the Void Slayers as I wanted to see if the scheme worked on a mini. I was worried the it would be too blue, with little contrast between the eyes and armor, but I think I like the result. Like armored space ghosts. Like with my Heralds attempt, I didn't bother with symbols, but I wanted to see how it would look so cheated by photoshopping it in :turned:.

large.miniVS.png.33efe434d63184113c65a926f9605531.png

A thought that struck me was that even though I personally like the simplicity, the lack of ornamentation and bionics, I'm not sure how one would make the Void Slayers more visually distinct while still staying true to their character, besides adding more skulls of course. Hmmm...

Edited by Codex Grey

• 5 months later...