The Avatar of Khaine Rises Anew

"Most recently welcomed to the Avatar conclave was a larger Forge World specimen with a very big sword. However while the lore has stated from the very beginning that the Wailing Doom could take even the form of an axe, there’s been no sign of one on the tabletop in more than three decades."

Alternate builds are on the table! Maybe those rumours about a Banshee Avatar were true after all!

I'm inferring he'll come with an axe option. Presumably axe/ spear/ sword options?

I guess I might be needing some magnets. I'm too indecisive to stick with one form for the Wailing Doom. He's going to be added to my Avatar collection.

Wow!

As owner of the old metal one and the FW with the sword, I can't wait to have this one.

It would be amazing to see a female version but I don't think this will be the case. It has to be a complete different model(legs, head, etc.)

I am trying to think how a spear version could be. Maybe a complete different right arm, so the spear is forward and not up straight in the air..

That looks rather nice. Also very amusing video to accompany it.

Whilst it's been about time for a new Avatar for quite a while, it is a little sad the old one is finally being retired. Obviously it's an ancient model now, but for it to soldier on for so long is impressive, and it IS an iconic sculpt.

Still, looking forwards to the full reveal!

I liked how the preview leant heavy on the Eldar v Astartes, going to read too much into that

Corsair vs Primaris Scouts will be the Kill-Team box.

At least that's my prediction.

I liked how the preview leant heavy on the Eldar v Astartes, going to read too much into that

Corsair vs Primaris Scouts will be the Kill-Team box.

At least that's my prediction.

Please let this be true.

Wow!

As owner of the old metal one and the FW with the sword, I can't wait to have this one.

It would be amazing to see a female version but I don't think this will be the case. It has to be a complete different model(legs, head, etc.)

I am trying to think how a spear version could be. Maybe a complete different right arm, so the spear is forward and not up straight in the air..

Take a look at Artel W. They are making a female Avatar. Concept art is up on their social medias

The current model is older than me, mad.

That makes me feel oooooold! I have the 1st edition metal model with the spear so to me, the one being retired is the "new" Avatar. :ohmy.:

I bought it when it was new and painted it in my best approximation of the studio paint scheme. Both have stood the test of time surprisingly well but all good things must come to an end. I am looking forward to having a model that can go toe-to-toe with the current generation of giant beasties like the great daemons. I may still paint him in a homage to the original 90s colour scheme.