The Avatar of Khaine Rises Anew

Wow!

As owner of the old metal one and the FW with the sword, I can't wait to have this one.

It would be amazing to see a female version but I don't think this will be the case. It has to be a complete different model(legs, head, etc.)

I am trying to think how a spear version could be. Maybe a complete different right arm, so the spear is forward and not up straight in the air..

Take a look at Artel W. They are making a female Avatar. Concept art is up on their social medias

Thank you for the info :).

Yeah it's cool and I am a fan of Artel W, I really like their non-aeldari range and I bought it a bunch.

But I was interested to see if GW would go with that option too. Maybe... but it would be awesome noneless.

Wow!

As owner of the old metal one and the FW with the sword, I can't wait to have this one.

It would be amazing to see a female version but I don't think this will be the case. It has to be a complete different model(legs, head, etc.)

I am trying to think how a spear version could be. Maybe a complete different right arm, so the spear is forward and not up straight in the air..

Take a look at Artel W. They are making a female Avatar. Concept art is up on their social medias

Yeah it's cool and I am a fan of Artel W, I really like their non-aeldari range and I bought it a bunch.

But I was interested to see if GW would go with that option too. Maybe... but it would be awesome noneless.

Even when the Young King is female, the Avatar (in canon lore) is always male since Khaine was male, so I'd be very surprised if they made a female Avatar.

Wow!

Even when the Young King is female, the Avatar (in canon lore) is always male since Khaine was male, so I'd be very surprised if they made a female Avatar.

Eh. A non important lore thing. And Eldar have a loose relationship to gender anyways

I don't go looking, they just appear :( Gutted for GW but it looks amazing.

272758519_10227400873667105_683059777699272750707_10227400874107116_563294038480

Awwwww yiss!

Called it nearly 2 while months ago

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/372522-eldar-codex-leaks/?view=findpost&p=5769437

Smug mode engaged!

Now to see if my prediction of World Eaters vs Steel Legion on Armageddon being the major campaign they do is right.

Book One: World Eaters, Steel Legion (including Yarrick) and Ghazkull with his Boyz. Loadsa blood.

Book Two: gives us Angron a few months after the World Eaters Codex release .

Book Three: Logan Grimnar gets slapped down, Russ comes back.

I'll be searching for this post in about 6 months time.

Rik

I don't go looking, they just appear :( Gutted for GW but it looks amazing.

272758519_10227400873667105_683059777699272750707_10227400874107116_563294038480

Awwwww yiss!

Called it nearly 2 while months ago

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/372522-eldar-codex-leaks/?view=findpost&p=5769437

Smug mode engaged!

Now to see if my prediction of World Eaters vs Steel Legion on Armageddon being the major campaign they do is right.

Book One: World Eaters, Steel Legion (including Yarrick) and Ghazkull with his Boyz. Loadsa blood.

Book Two: gives us Angron a few months after the World Eaters Codex release .

Book Three: Logan Grimnar gets slapped down, Russ comes back.

I'll be searching for this post in about 6 months time.

Rik

Are these leaks or just wild guesses? I'm confused.

Avatar looks great though, really digging the helmetless version.

Looks pretty cool though it is a bit of a shame that it got leaked so close to GW getting to show it off.

Wonder if it comes with a spear option or if that will be left to the forge world model and conversions, and speaking of conversions it would be interesting to see how this compares size wise to the Daughters of Khaine avatar, would be nice to see some cool kitbashes come along if they're a similar size although i'm guessing this will be a fair bit bigger

Edited by Wildblaze

Awesome, ah well i don't need to tune into the LVO now :laugh.: ... Serves em right for not showing us earlier :tongue.: ....

Loving the Axe !! :cool.: , And yes Duncan needs to do a video on this for me :yes:

Mithril

p.s. he's nearly on a skateboard.... :laugh.:

++EDIT++ Maybe the Alt head is For AoS ?!?...

Edited by mithrilforge

Another in a long line of prematurely leaked figures. :tongue.:

Gorgeous model. I hope it comes with a spear, but it's already great that it comes with options. Spectacular centerpiece to help relaunch the Eldar range.

Can't imagine Fulgrim leaking prematurely...

It is stunning and I can't wait to see the 360 view and also what pro painters do with it. A classic reborn :)

Noooo, what the hell :D!

I hope this move adds more non-scheduled reveals, but still it's a bummer to see the reveal  ruined like that.

This is strange, these leaks are wild and all over the place.

The model is gorgeous, a truly new Avatar reborn

Edited by Alby the Slayer

The helmetless one looks creepy. Like a beefy Dark eldar mandrake.

The axe looks great.

I honestly DON'T prefer it to the forgeworld one, but, this one looks way easier to paint.. My forgeworld cast has deeeep lava cracks and crevices that I'm finding real awkward to paint.

The axe looks great.

I honestly DON'T prefer it to the forgeworld one, but, this one looks way easier to paint.. My forgeworld cast has deeeep lava cracks and crevices that I'm finding real awkward to paint.

I think I’m with you. This one is really a great model, and I like the new options, but I still think the Forge Word one (specifically the sword one) edges it out.

Still, I’m really happy with this, and plastic is definitely my preferred material, and they haven’t actually sold the sword one for a while so.

The axe looks great.

I think I’m with you. This one is really a great model, and I like the new options, but I still think the Forge Word one (specifically the sword one) edges it out.

Still, I’m really happy with this, and plastic is definitely my preferred material, and they haven’t actually sold the sword one for a while so.

For me FW's proportions are better - it is more sleak and the helmeted head does not look oversized.

First impressions:

Good model, vastly superior to the current one.

Not a fan of the alt head.

Was really hoping it would better resemble the mark before art as they’ve made some superb homages to past artwork lately.

Still prefer the forgeworld ones for now but will reserve judgement until have seen some better pics.