Boc's All Chaos, All the Time (Possessed Complete)

Boc

And here I was thinking I'd moved at a decent pace on these last ones... guess not lol

Finished up another raptor squad, thinking I'll need another 2 as pistol/chainsword options to meet my list options for 40k, but we'll see

Next up is my first leviathan dread. In the queue is my first Chaos Knight (unbuilt), 8-10 warp spiders, and then maybe Horus

20221118_210934.jpg

Have made a bit of progress on the leviathan body, most of the broad work is done and starting on some of the details as I work around the torso.

Tried to make the lights along the sarcophagus a light source... not really sure how I feel about it after the first go. I do need to touch up the gaps between the light and the dark. Maybe it'll grow on me tomorrow, but I'm tempted to just start those over and just make them dim red rather than going for the bright yellow.

20221122_201015.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Started working on the warp talons, since I'm apparently stuck on that model type lol.

Opted to go for a different look to better differentiate their look from the raptors: extra layer of the green wash to darken them up, silver instead of gold trimmings all around, and a purple eye glow. 

I tried for a bone claw look for the warp claws on this model. Not sure how I feel about it, so before doing more like this would be very interested in hearing thoughts on it.

20221213_195025.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Pearson73 said:

The Talons are looking great! The bone claws are really cool.

Thanks! Glad you like the look! 

Was able to get the 4th warp talon done, and got the silver trim completed on the 5th, so I'm pretty optimistic about being able to finish up this unit by tomorrow, Wednesday at the latest.

20221226_200252.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Couple WIP shots of the next War Dog 

I wanted to make the Chaos Knights more different from the Sons of Horus (my armies over the years have been green CSM, green eldar, a brief affair with Blood Angels, green necrons, and Sons of Horus). Maybe another color, why not? 

This one will show a slight transition from the Noble to Dread Household, with partial paneling replaced. I'm wanting to do the big Knights more of the light gray/scarlet just ton try something new 

20230108_195542.jpg

20230108_195531.jpg

Edited by Boc

Started on the next model. Really like the pose, which I'd tried to do (and failed miserably) on a resin contemptor a while back. Chonky boy is on the run

20230126_184746.jpg

Edited by Boc

7 hours ago, NinjaBadger7 said:

@Boc They all look amazing! Can I ask what your green recipe is?

Base with Mechanicum Standard Gray spray

Dry brush administratum gray

Very VERY liberal application of coelia greenshade

And finally getting around to paint this monster. Have worked on him probably two nights so far, only thing I'm not really rushing (because I'm always about finishing over perfection) was adding the brighter red before washing it back down with reikland. Pretty pleased with how he's turning out so far and he's not green! 

20230127_200047.jpg