[BC] A Vulgar Display of Power: OOC/Discussion Thread

Necronaut

3 minutes ago, Necronaut said:

@Mazer Rackham the GM is most pleased. You can get some sweet ammo to load into the shotgun as well, for a nominal fee. Not melta-buckshot, but still some fun stuff to play around with. ;)

I'm all ears :)

I was looking at the Screamershells, in the TOE, they look exceptionally good at Blast 2, Concussive 2...

Hey Necro quick query:

How is your reading of Quick Draw? Would pulling a Grenade (Readying) be a free action?

Plus I think I'll go for the Legion Meltagun for the 2nd Acquisition (Extremely Rare - Downgrade Slow Charge = Very Rare -20, Single Item +10 = Rare -10)

If that's alright?

Edited by Mazer Rackham

33 minutes ago, Xin Ceithan said:

I see words like “Combat Arena Map” and feel the sudden urge for power armor (shabby or not). Something tells me this isn’t going to be a contemplative game about the nature of unreality :whistling:

I'm reminded of that meme with the dude wearing the life jacket because he can't buy a flak jacket.

Pillows are Scarce, but we can get 'em and some duct tape? :pirate:

6 hours ago, Xin Ceithan said:

I see words like “Combat Arena Map” and feel the sudden urge for power armor (shabby or not). Something tells me this isn’t going to be a contemplative game about the nature of unreality :whistling:

Oh ye of little faith. But forget not the adage, "Chaos is a ladder." 

17 hours ago, Xin Ceithan said:

In the grim darkness of the far future… there are pillow fights ?! 

17 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Yes, but the pillows are Ratlings.

Oh I thought that this was Damocles. 

Because the Inquisition has the Comfy Chair 

Thanks! I try to make models of my role-playing/potential role-playing characters if at all possible- helps me get into the character. The cloak was done using BCK's version of the tissue paper/paper towel and PVA glue method, though I stiffened it with regular superglue. It will be dirty/melding into the base terrain when I finally get around to painting him, which will probably happen next month (lots of Necrons on the table right now).

Turned out to just be a random roll on the armor table (though it fits the scout character to a T), and luckily GW was kind enough to release a bunch of beakies. Grabbed a single random mini off of eBay, and he had the perfect pose for a stalking, stealthy guy. Just some great coincidences that have made me very happy.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice!

One of the things I dislike most with Chapters like Raven Guard is the stealthy stealthy black colour scheme...

...with bright white badges/squad markings/arms???

So I like that he doesn't have any identifying marks! :thumbsup:

Edited by Lysimachus

All,

I am going to be starting work on the combat maps very soon. Big thanks to @Mazer Rackham and @Lysimachus for your guidance and input. What is going to be Chapter 0 of this record of moral decrepitude and spiritual rot is pretty close to being ready from a narrative perspective.

I will be working with Lysimachus to get the character sheet finalized (surprise!), and I'm going to politely request that everyone convert whatever they have over to the final version with all of the bells and whistles for tracking infamy, corruption and the other delightful sub-systems of Black Crusade. Stay tuned for when this gets rolled out. 

One (or two other things): I'm dropping Our Hands Bring Death as this is a mixed human and CSM party, and I am frankly unsure how to keep that sort of power differential in check between the two species, as it really does allow for a disgusting level of damage output from an Astartes right out of the box, and I want to be able to sufficiently challenge the party as a whole and keep things on somewhat of a level playing field. I acknowledge this is somewhat of a fool's errand as Astartes are super human and are thus afforded abilities well beyond a baseline human, but I want to be able to adequately support a mixed-species party (no, not including orks, at least not yet...) so it is going by the wayside for now. Two Weapon Fighting is back to being horribly expensive, but such is the price of serving the Ruinous Powers.

I have been giving serious thought to corruption and alignment, and I'm going to propose that we break with the baseline BC rules (alignment via xp purchases) and instead kludge something together using the expanded corruption rules from the Tome of Excess which will give us a more satisfying RP and general gameplay experience. The expanded corruption rules allow for glorifying acts to be performed to individual Chaos gods for little bits of Infamy and Corruption. I love this idea, and am going to propose we use something along these lines for tracking your character's alignment, independently of your character's Corruption and Infamy. Effectively, I will, privately, be monitoring and tracking services rendered and/or debased acts dedicated to the Chaos gods by your characters. For example, shouting "Blood for the Blood God" in combat is a good start, but the gods are more interested in results as opposed to empty words. After successfully defeating your foes in bloody single-combat, maybe you could instead construct a crude shrine from their severed heads or similar and then dedicate the offering to the gods? Or perhaps you hear a voice in your head at the outset of a mission suggesting that you undertake a secret objective unbeknownst to the rest of the party for the sole purpose of serving one of the gods. I believe that making your allegiance to the Ruinous Powers tied to concrete actions and roleplay will make for a more enjoyable experience for everyone. We'll all have to agree to a sort of sliding scale of difficulty of acts to be performed or objectives to achieve to maintain the good graces of your dark patron. 

Edited by Necronaut