Initial 1st April 2022 reveal, new lore & articles discussion

Joe

Considering the usual hype:reality ratio from WarCom, my guess is a minor redesign of the paint pots.

Also have to consider the speculation:reality ratio for B&C.

With that in mind, I speculate this is a Squats reveal because several pixels near the top right hand corner blinked in Morse Code and spelled out "Gotrek in Space." Maybe it was because I sneezed while looking at the screen.

As for the comment about BFG Heresy: I don't begrudge Heresy era enthusiasts- y'all have every right to enjoy your games as much as I do.

But any and every game set in the Heresy era is a GIANT MIDDLE FINGER to Sisters, Tyranids and Tau, and current Heresy era lines haven't been particularly friendly to Orks or Eldar either. GW has a Horus Heresy game... That's great, they're obligated to follow through and they should. But creating NEW games that auto-exclude a whole lot of factions is not a good choice, and it is something that I would not advocate for the company.

This is exactly why I HOPE for a 40K setting Battlefleet but then GW could do a Heresy Expansion (or the community would pick it up but it would be great to be supported by GW).

Because I definitely want to play Battlefleet Heresy as that's the setting I'm most interested in but I'd also like to see the 40K players interested.

Then with Orks and Eldar you could even do a "Great Crusade" setting.

But any and every game set in the Heresy era is a GIANT MIDDLE FINGER to Sisters, Tyranids and Tau, and current Heresy era lines haven't been particularly friendly to Orks or Eldar either. GW has a Horus Heresy game... That's great, they're obligated to follow through and they should. But creating NEW games that auto-exclude a whole lot of factions is not a good choice, and it is something that I would not advocate for the company.

As someone that only plays factions excluded from Heresy Era games, I have to disagree completely. What GW releases in other systems has no bearing on the games I play, and making new products is not in any way an insult to me. Worst case scenario, nothing in the hypothetical game that may or may not exist interests me and I won't play it.

As someone that only plays factions excluded from Heresy Era games, I have to disagree completely. What GW releases in other systems has no bearing on the games I play, and making new products is not in any way an insult to me. Worst case scenario, nothing in the hypothetical game that may or may not exist interests me and I won't play it.

It's a weird one because a Battlefleet would be a return much like AT.

So although I'm sure the scale would be different you will have people wanting to use their old fleets and the like.

It would be a bit cheeky for it to be set in the Heresy when it historically was 40K set, I could understand people thinking we (the Heresy Community) had "stolen' something of theirs.

So 40K Battlefleet with an official Heresy campaign/system please. :)

Considering the usual hype:reality ratio from WarCom, my guess is a minor redesign of the paint pots.

With that in mind, I speculate this is a Squats reveal because several pixels near the top right hand corner blinked in Morse Code and spelled out "Gotrek in Space." Maybe it was because I sneezed while looking at the screen.

Nah its not morse, its tap code for "GW marketing :cussing suck"

I was going to place my bets on this being the trailer for the upcoming CSM wave featuring Cultists and Traitor Guard and all that, but then I realized tomorrow's April Fools, so my bet is now on a reveal for something that would be interpreted as a joke at first, but turns out to be an actual reveal.

I was going to place my bets on this being the trailer for the upcoming CSM wave featuring Cultists and Traitor Guard and all that, but then I realized tomorrow's April Fools, so my bet is now on a reveal for something that would be interpreted as a joke at first, but turns out to be an actual reveal.

Thusly, squats.

Gotrek in 40k would be amazing, that's the answer to whatever current Codex Creep Shenanigans have been going on.

Because, no matter how hard anyone tries, nothing is ever as broken as Gotrek. In some iterations he's "only" been the most egregiously under-pointed model in the game, and in the others he stops messing about.

Rik