Initial 1st April 2022 reveal, new lore & articles discussion

Joe

Considering the usual hype:reality ratio from WarCom, my guess is a minor redesign of the paint pots.

Also have to consider the speculation:reality ratio for B&C.

With that in mind, I speculate this is a Squats reveal because several pixels near the top right hand corner blinked in Morse Code and spelled out "Gotrek in Space." Maybe it was because I sneezed while looking at the screen.

Gotrek in 40k would be amazing, that's the answer to whatever current Codex Creep Shenanigans have been going on.

Because, no matter how hard anyone tries, nothing is ever as broken as Gotrek. In some iterations he's "only" been the most egregiously under-pointed model in the game, and in the others he stops messing about.

Rik

If Squats do get released again as their own army, I will definitely convert something into Space Gotrek.

Considering the usual hype:reality ratio from WarCom, my guess is a minor redesign of the paint pots.

Also have to consider the speculation:reality ratio for B&C.

With that in mind, I speculate this is a Squats reveal because several pixels near the top right hand corner blinked in Morse Code and spelled out "Gotrek in Space." Maybe it was because I sneezed while looking at the screen.

Gotrek in 40k would be amazing, that's the answer to whatever current Codex Creep Shenanigans have been going on.

Because, no matter how hard anyone tries, nothing is ever as broken as Gotrek. In some iterations he's "only" been the most egregiously under-pointed model in the game, and in the others he stops messing about.

Rik

If Squats do get released again as their own army, I will definitely convert something into Space Gotrek.

Space Gotrek IS your Army, you need nothing else, except maybe a few things that your opponent can kill so they don't feel TOO bad about the game.

Rik

Space Gotrek IS your Army, you need nothing else, except maybe a few things that your opponent can kill so they don't feel TOO bad about the game.

Rik

Good point. Will need a squad of Guardsmen for Space Gotrek to call "manlings."

i think April Fools has a high likelihood, but if serious, i could definitely see a new Space Hulk release that introduces Primaris Terminators, as GW do love to tie new models to big box releases like that, being the only way to get them potentially for quite a while

I also had that thought. New space hulk, new nids, new terminators. Would be neat

I think some of GW's April fools are among the best I've seen (ref: Citadel Water) but a teaser a day ahead is bad form. If that's what is happening.

Yeah, that is not really how April Fools works... the jokes just kinda happen then.

This is probably something real, though in all likelihood it will not come anywhere close to matching people's hype/speculation. As is tradition.

From the trailer it looks like it might be Imperium vs Imperium so maybe it is Squats or maybe its Inquisition getting a Kill Team, whatever this might be I think its a small release otherwise it would've been part of the Adepticon preview. My money is on an Inquisition Kill Team with rules for 40k.

I dont think it's Space Hulk. Terminators use boarding torpedoes, they don't request access to dock. 

Kill team spaceship/narrow confines expansion would be my guess. 

Yeah, Space Marines knock the door once, and they knock it hard. 

I'd like to see Battlefleet Gothic but I personally can't afford a fleet and don't think I could drum up support for the game among my friends so at best I'd probably get a battleship to paint up for fun and that's about it.

It's getting more difficult to predict these things now that GW is branching out as they have done.

I doubt they'd announce the return of BFG at a time when they'll be wanting to hype up 30k's new edition, particularly if it did turn out to be Battlefleet Heresy. Seems more like something that would come in the second half of the year ALA Kill-Team 2020.

Maybe it'll be a Primaris Flier or something.

Edited by Lord Marshal