WHC page RG Mission for HH

Dracos

I'm building a unit ASAP. Got a Heresy event coming up in early June. These guys are going to be amazing in Zone Mortalis.

I actually dig the red. After 5,000 points of 40k RG and Deathwatch and 6,000 points of 30k RG, I am really sick of painting black.

Don't have an extra cataphractii kit laying around right now, but I'm definitely building at least one squad (* of the kit, can only field one squad of course...) once it becomes purchasable again.

I did order some of the Cataphractii power axes for them though. Maybe if Cataphractii are in the launch box, I'll use the ones I get in there.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Was there any mention of the red paint scheme for Deliverer Terminators? I know it's a common theme and I'm not surprised, much like there were Red Butchers or Justaerin for alternate Terminator colors, the red just seems like it came out of nowhere. It does look good though, and I like the lore behind the unit and have a bias for Terran-born Raven Guard.

Looks like the red paint designation for Deliverers is new lore introduced with this packet.

Edited by Tyberos the Red Wake

Was there any mention of the red paint scheme for Deliverer Terminators? I know it's a common theme and I'm not surprised, much like there were Red Butchers or Justaerin for alternate Terminator colors, the red just seems like it came out of nowhere. It does look good though, and I like the lore behind the unit and have a bias for Terran-born Raven Guard.

Looks like the red paint designation for Deliverers is new lore introduced with this packet.

The Deliverers were barely even mentioned before this. There was absolutely zero information about what color their armor was.

I have a suspicion that the red was deliberately chosen to have more of a tangible visible tie in between the Raven Guard Legion and the Ashen Claws (whose armor features rather a lot of red).

If the Terran Raven Guard were concentrated in Chapters that used red as a distinguishing color, it would make sense for a special unit of Terminators that was almost entirely Terran veterans to be in predominantly red armor.

I could be overthinking it and there wasn't any logic to it. But I do like the notion that the Terran Raven Guard veterans used red to differentiate themselves.