BBCode Table Template for 3-Column Tables?

Minigiant

Since this topic is up, I might as well ask about something related I've was wondering about.

Is it possible to change the color of the main header of the table, and sidebar/caption fields, from red to something else? Or is it integrated into the site theme in such a way that this is simply not possible?

I've been experimenting with combining different codes to achieve this effect, but nothing seems to work. Not a big deal, but would be nice.

Table colors can't be changed. At best, you can use different text/fill colors in cells.

A far better and easier way to create tables for posting here is to post them as images. Simply create tables using your favorite desktop publisher app (e.g., Microsoft Word or Excel), screenshot them, and then crop them down to the table. You'll have far more control over their appearance and updating them will be far easier. The amount of effort to post them is at worst comparable to, and more likely easier than, posting BBCode tables because you don't have to go to the effort of getting everything into a single line of text. You'll have much more control over column/row sizing, colors, etc.

Here's an example.

gallery_26_548_23980.gif

That's actually three tables in one image. I've saved them as a gif and turned the space between the tables transparent. Instead of borders between rows, I've used different background colors to differentiate the rows; and there are no borders between columns.

I can "control" the size of the table by using different image sizes. What you see above is "large" (i.e., the size of the image that is uploaded). The software automatically creates smaller versions.

Medium:

med_gallery_26_548_23980.gif

Small:

sml_gallery_26_548_23980.gif

Thumbnail (this one probably isn't usable since it's just a portion):

tn_gallery_26_548_23980.gif

If I were to recreate the top table in BBCode, it would look like:

[table=GRENADE THROWN MORE THAN 10" AWAY][tr][th][b][center]D6[/center][/b][/th][th][b]Result[/b][/th][/tr][tr][td=D6][center]6[/center][/td][td=Result]The grenade lands at the intended target point.[/td][/tr][tr][td=D6][center]4 or 5[/center][/td][td=Result]The grenade bounces a little. Scatter 1d3".[/td][/tr][tr][td=D6][center]1, 2, or 3[/center][/td][td=Result]The grenade bounces a lot. Roll 1d6+3" as scatter distance.[/td][/tr][/table]
GRENADE THROWN MORE THAN 10" AWAY

D6

Result

The grenade lands at the intended target point.

4 or 5

The grenade bounces a little. Scatter 1d3".

1, 2, or 3

The grenade bounces a lot. Roll 1d6+3" as scatter distance.

The BBCode table size is adjusted to fit the screen (good and bad), but I have no control over column widths (bad).