The Royal Awakening 2022: Rouse Your Legions

Alrighty, here's my pledge:

I, Phaeron Kenzaburo of the Sautekh dynasty, pledge to paint 4 Necron warriors (6 PL, rest of the squad is already painted) and 5 Flayed Ones (2 PL) for my first vow.

Bildschirmfoto-2022-05-19-um-17-15-59.pn

Bildschirmfoto-2022-05-19-um-17-15-46.pn

I know, I'm early, but I'm also a dad of a six weeks old boy, so I better pledge now before I forget about it later. :biggrin.:

The Overlord, Warden and Skorpekhs might be a future vow. The pic will prove that these haven't been painted yet, just primed with Leadbelcher. :)

More of the Severed arise!

5 Triarch Praetorians (6PL)

1 converted Plasmancer w/Quantim Orb (5PL)

6lvGiee.jpeg

lVWgTHG.jpeg

P5Y5DS7.jpeg

Apologies for the poor quality pics, the main light is out in my hobby area.

Edited by Lord_Ikka

I have an Event Runner Post in the works for later when Xen gets back to me, but for now I figured I should make my own vow for the time being :P

For my next trick, I'll be turning this pile of sprue into a squad of warriors! 

I, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch, vow to build and paint one squad of 10 converted Necron Warriors, for a total of 6 Power Level, for the glory of the Naculan Dynasty, The Silent King, and the Necrontyr subforum!

019E54A2-B637-4BDF-B9DB-74B5CA2B529A.jpg

I Mithrilforge Vow to build and paint -

1x Overlord - (6 PL)

!x Royal warden - (4 PL)

1x Plasmancer - (4 PL) & 2x Cryptothralls - (2 PL)

1x Skorpekh Lord - (7 PL)

3x Skorpekh Destroyers - (4 PL) & 1x Plasmacyte - (1 PL)

20x Necron warriors with gauss reapers? - (12 PL)

6x Canoptek Scarab swarms - (4 PL)

1x Canoptek Reanimator. - (4 PL)

5x Flayed Ones & 1x Chronomancer (sprue is top left of pic barely visible) - (7PL)

For a "Confirmed" Total power level of 55 PL

med_gallery_9146_583_891896.jpg

Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

Ok, last time this was fantastic fun, so count me in!

One question: I've actually decided to do a full repaint of my guys, so do I need to wait until the models are sprayed plain, or can I just use shots of them in their current state?

If you plan to do a full repaint, I'm good with either a pre-primer shot or a post-primer shot.

I'll be posting pics later, but just wondering, are Aeronautics models allowed? Got a flight of Necrons ready to go if that is the case

Unfortunately, as I do not believe there is an equivalent Tyranid force at this time, and we are competing with the Tyranids (Led by Swarmlord Xenith), I'm not sure you'd be able to get any badge higher than Royal Warden (for participation)--you're welcome to paint them, but I don't think we can count them for PL purposes.

Alrighty, here's my pledge:

I, Phaeron Kenzaburo of the Sautekh dynasty, pledge to paint 4 Necron warriors (6 PL, rest of the squad is already painted) and 5 Flayed Ones (2 PL) for my first vow.

[snip]

I know, I'm early, but I'm also a dad of a six weeks old boy, so I better pledge now before I forget about it later. :biggrin.:
The Overlord, Warden and Skorpekhs might be a future vow. The pic will prove that these haven't been painted yet, just primed with Leadbelcher. :smile.:

Congratulations on being a father, Kenzaburo!

A minor note, because your unit is already partially complete, the Power Level for it will be modified somewhat, down to four-tenths of 6, or 2.4 PL, as that's the convention that Xenith et al are using in A Bug's Life.

ADDITIONALLY

Grotsmasha has come through with some phenomenal badges for us. Here's a sneak peak at one of the badges up for grabs down the line.

sml_gallery_48988_17425_13649.jpg

If you didn't know, Grot does a lot of badges and banners for Board events, and is generally an all-around cool dude.

There will be a new thread that goes up tomorrow afternoon in which the painting proper shall begin (though you are free to start 0000 hours local time, of course)! Ready your brushes, Phaerons! Glory to the Necrontyr!

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch
this is why crypteks do math and not phaerons

A1D41D01-3B82-4EE1-BD46-DFB35D8528FC.jpg

Adeptus Mechanicrons Warrior Squad reanimated and ready for the painting table. Had to be a bit more limited with these guys compared to my last squad, unfortunately, as I don't have access to my bitz box at the moment, but I did figure out a way to make everything work together more cleanly and with much less greenstuff than last time, too, which was a plus.

Thank you, Lenoch! I love being a dad, even though it's pretty taxing on my painting time. :tongue.:

Anyways, I totally understand reducing the PL, I felt that it would be unfair to use the full PL, but I thought that's what the 40k rules say so it might be the same here. Good that it isn't though. :smile.: Once your thread goes up this afternoon I'll post a pic of the assembled Flayed Ones then. 

EDIT: Also to get my inner Phaeron going, I started reading Twice-dead King: Ruin to go alongside the painting event. I'm already a third through the book and wow, that's so cool. What a fascinating cast!

Edited by Kenzaburo

And as promised: 5 Flayed Ones built for the Awakening. 

23512-FCC-9-A3-D-45-A2-86-A8-DD2520-F34-

to be honest, these were the worst models I built in a long time. The instructions were kinda hard to decipher and I kinda doubt the build order was the ideal way to build them. Glueing in the heads last was a bad idea in several cases, the positions of the legs were hard to find and all those poses were a pain to put together. I kinda doubt that painting them will be easy, but let’s see how it goes. :smile.:

Edited by Kenzaburo

I, Razed_Ruins of the Novokh Dynasty, pledge to build and paint:

1x Lokhust Lord w/ Resurrection Orb and Staff of Light (6 PL)

5x Immortals w/ Gauss Blaster (4 PL)

1x Lokhust Heavy Destroyer w/ Gauss Blaster (3 PL)

3x Skorpekh Destroyer w/ Reap-Blade and Thresher (8 PL)

For a total of 35 PL.

20220523 194538

Edited by Razed_Ruins

Wow, it's time! I've never built another army than Blood Angels since 2nd edition, so this is something new for me.

You can see my first necron models from my signature.

Early in the thread I halted a mega project (just in time for the event, and was allowed) and I've been looking the poor model for a month waiting, while assembling a legion of warriors (about 60 really)...

I, Spyros of the Szarekhan Dynasty, as my first act with this new authority, vow to paint one Seraptek Heavy Construct with Singularity Generators for a total of 33 Power Level, to counter the increasing threats of the Separatists vermin that crawl in our Infinite Empire!

WIP Seraptek

I Mithrilforge Vow to build and paint -

1x Overlord - (6 PL)

!x Royal warden - (4 PL)

1x Plasmancer - (4 PL) & 2x Cryptothralls - (2 PL)

1x Skorpekh Lord - (7 PL)

3x Skorpekh Destroyers - (8 PL) & 1x Plasmacyte - (1 PL)

20x Necron warriors with gauss reapers? - (12 PL)

6x Canoptek Scarab swarms - (4 PL)

1x Canoptek Reanimator. - (6 PL)

For a Total power level of 54 PL ? (I don't have the codex yet, I got these numbers "online" so anyone that has the new Codex, if you could you please confirm/double check the Power level of this list of Units, thanx in advance...)

med_gallery_9146_583_891896.jpg

Mithril

i totaled them up for you using the latest point changes, here's the breakdown so you know what's what:

++ Total: [48 PL] ++

+ HQ +

Overlord [6 PL, 100pts]

Plasmancer [4 PL, 70pts]

Bound Creation [2 PL, 40pts]

. 2 Cryptothralls

Royal Warden [4 PL, 75pts]

Skorpekh Lord [7 PL, 130pts]

+ Troops +

10 Necron Warriors [6 PL, 130pts]

10 Necron Warriors [6 PL, 130pts]

+ Elites +

1 Canoptek Reanimator [4 PL, 80pts]

3 Skorpekh Destroyers [4 PL, 90pts]:

Viral Construct [1 PL, 15pts]:

. Canoptek Plasmacyte

+ Fast Attack +

3 Canoptek Scarab Swarms [2 PL, 45pts]

3 Canoptek Scarab Swarms [2 PL, 45pts]

Alright, let's go.

I, WrathOfTheLion of the Maynarkh Dynasty, vow to paint:

1x Royal Warden - (4 PL)

1x Plasmancer - (4 PL)

2x Cryptothralls - (2 PL)

1x Canoptek Plasmacyte - (1 PL)

3x Canoptek Scarab Swarms - (2 PL)

3x Ophydian Destroyers - (5 PL)

For a total of 18 Power Level

Edit: Ah, I guess this should be in the other thread, my mistake. Can it be moved?

xkOfxUT.jpg

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

I 'm reading in announcements about the upgrade of the forum, and the downtime that comes with it. It is supposed to start somewhere after May 30 and can last 2-4 weeks.

In the unlikely event of finishing my first vow, can I supplement it with additional models to avoid the gap?

I 'm reading in announcements about the upgrade of the forum, and the downtime that comes with it. It is supposed to start somewhere after May 30 and can last 2-4 weeks.

In the unlikely event of finishing my first vow, can I supplement it with additional models to avoid the gap?

That's a very good question...if i were you and  had your confidence in your ability to nail that behemoth of a Construct you have...i'd pick some extra stuff (sprues or put together) take some pics and list em up here as your next vows in waiting... (i'd wait to see what DPL has to say but that would be the obvious thing to do)

my vow will not take less than two weeks so i think i'm quite safe (my painting is slow and lumbering...much like a Necron warrior walking across a battlefield...slowly but surely...till it's reached it's target :thumbsup:

Mithril  

You could always just photograph your second vow unpainted before you start on them, post it as soon as the forums reopen, and then follow on later with your completion pics?

Antcontrarian's suggestion is the best course of action in this case. Just scratch the date onto some paper and include it in your initial vow pic, and we'll call it good :tu:

Got a unit of Flayed Ones in and both a converted Plasmancer and Psychomancer on the way, so the Severed vow will be getting bigger. Hopefully I can make a full 50 PL, but I'm coming up on that weird section of the Imperium mag that has AdMech and terrain...

g49SyCR.jpeg