The Kratos tank and the future possibilities

...and they just previewed the plastic Sicaran with a new twin Autocannon that doesn't match any of the Forgeworld kits, and no indication of whether the existing 40k guns will be in the kit.

The accelerator autocannons are the standard loadout for the Sicaran, just that the resin Sicaran has already been taken down from the FW website when they first announced 2E.

What's new are the options to take Volkite Culverins or Heavy Flamers as the sponson weapons.

As a corollary, we can conclude a plastic Leviathan Dreadnought will soon follow, as that was taken down from the store at the same time as the Sicaran, Deimos Rhino, Spartan and Contemptor Dreadnought.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

...and they just previewed the plastic Sicaran with a new twin Autocannon that doesn't match any of the Forgeworld kits, and no indication of whether the existing 40k guns will be in the kit.

The accelerator autocannons are the standard loadout for the Sicaran, just that the resin Sicaran has already been taken down from the FW website when they first announced 2E.

What's new are the options to take Volkite Culverins or Heavy Flamers as the sponson weapons.

As a corollary, we can conclude a plastic Leviathan Dreadnought will soon follow, as that was taken down from the store at the same time as the Sicaran, Deimos Rhino, Spartan and Contemptor Dreadnought.

Oh well foo. I'm just annoyed that the gatling cannon isn't the default, that's the one I'm most likely to actually use.

"It can outflank slower vehicles and bring its accellerator autocannon to bear on the weaker side and rear armour of enemy war machines."

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/12/heresy-thursday-the-plastic-sicaran-speeds-into-action/

It's literally a plastic version of the standard Sicaran. 

"It can outflank slower vehicles and bring its accellerator autocannon to bear on the weaker side and rear armour of enemy war machines."

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/12/heresy-thursday-the-plastic-sicaran-speeds-into-action/

WrathOfTheLion beat you to the punch there. No shade though, the post-response crossed pages.

It's not like a Heavy 6 S7 Ap2 D3 gun is bad, it's just ... ok, looking over the other Sicaran guns only the plasma array and the gatling cannon more interesting, one for Ap3 and the other for pure shot volume.

Edited by TheNewman

It's not like a Heavy 6 S7 Ap2 D3 gun is bad, it's just the least interesting thing on offer.

Agreed. I would love to field the Omega. I just have a soft spot for stupidly large plasma guns! :biggrin.:

I think I will wait until the next codex before committing to any of these purchases. If the units aren't integrated into the army properly, and remain as datasheets only found in the Forgeworld index, I won't be investing in them.

I'll be picking them up for 30k, so that doesn't affect me there, but I'm interested to see how it gets supported. I'd like to eventually do some for Black Legion/Red Corsairs, but will focus on 30k first.

I think it'd also be acceptable if the FW index had significantly better support/updating, but it's a real bummer if it's on maintenance like it is now.

Yes that's my issue with it. I've supported Forgeworld for years but that support is never really rewarded.

I've made the decision not to invest in the Heresy. That might change, but only if elements in my local scene push me into it.

It's not like a Heavy 6 S7 Ap2 D3 gun is bad, it's just the least interesting thing on offer.

Agreed. I would love to field the Omega. I just have a soft spot for stupidly large plasma guns! :biggrin.:

I'm honestly on the fence about whether the extra one pip of Ap and S is worth risking mortals for the same flat damage as the Autocannon. Probably. Maybe. I really don't know.

With Armour of Contempt, the higher AP of the Plasma guns is worth it I think. Even on low power setting, they wound MEQs on a 2+ and take them down to a 5+ save. The autocannons only wound on a 3+ and take the saves down to 4+.

Yes overcharging is risky but it is normally only going to be 1MW per turn and it is much more effective at targetting vehicles, Terminators etc. You can always keep a Techmarine nearby to patch up wounds and give it +1BS although this might restrict its movement somewhat.

"It can outflank slower vehicles and bring its accellerator autocannon to bear on the weaker side and rear armour of enemy war machines."

WrathOfTheLion beat you to the punch there. No shade though, the post-response crossed pages.

It's not like a Heavy 6 S7 Ap2 D3 gun is bad, it's just ... ok, looking over the other Sicaran guns only the plasma array and the gatling cannon more interesting, one for Ap3 and the other for pure shot volume.

I suspect the it will get a minor buff for 40k, nothinh crazy as its a relic, Heavy 8 or something like that

Personally, I think the FW marine tanks should be given first and foremost to CSM because the lore always says "for many Chaos Marines, the Heresy feels like it was only yesterday" so they should still have a lot of the HH tanks in their holdings. Plus, they really don't have a heavy tank option. I would rather we get a Grav lord of war based on the current designs Primaris have, so based in the Repulsor/Impulsor designs since that's tge aesthetic GW is going for.

The Kratos definitely needs 40k rules, but more for Chaos than Loyalists, imo.

I dont play HH, but I'll still get a Kratos for S&G's

Edited by Mike8404

Personally, I think the FW marine tanks should be given first and foremost to CSM because the lore always says "for many Chaos Marines, the Heresy feels like it was only yesterday" so they should still have a lot of the HH tanks in their holdings. Plus, they really don't have a heavy tank option. I would rather we get a Grav lord of war based on the current designs Primaris have, so based in the Repulsor/Impulsor designs since that's tge aesthetic GW is going for.

I dont play HH, but I'll still get a paid for S&G's

^^ This... 

^^ This...

Demon Engines just don't cut it on their own. They're either faction locked or too expensive for what they do. The old tracked tanks look a lot better for CSM than they do LSM. This was the topic we discussed on the Night Lords discord.

I'd love to see an Executioner/Repulsor upscaled to a Spartan size,maybe Primaris Sicarans. But, for now, CSM should be given more access to the HH range to buff up their range

I don't know if I agree with that. They should have the same access to the HH vehicles, not more access.

I think until GW figures out what they're doing with Primaris, we could certainly trim some fat off our dex before we get more FW access lol

Edited by Mike8404

I agree.

I would love to see a grav sicarian update for primaris as a mbt

Even being all Primaris 40k nowadays, plastic leviathan makes me drool. The conversion potential with Redemptors is quite appealing...

Join me, turn your back on being all-Primaris. Being all-sensibly proportioned is all that matters!

I've been thinking about this since you mentioned it elsewhere and I want them to do a plastic Mastadon as the big centrepiece model for Marines.

It'd be suitably impressive looking and a good step on the route to the Thunderhawk that we all know is coming eventually.

We shall call it the Plastadon and it will be GLORIOUS.

But yeah, the Kratos is pretty cool too, I wonder if the Legion Falchion, Glaive and Fellblade will eventually make it to plastic. The Baneblade kit proves it is achievable.

Rik

Fun fact time:

Our 9th ed codex actually has a mastodon in the art. It's in the picture of all the primaris ultramarines in front of a downed titan. I thought it was very curious To have such a specific old vehicle in there clearly designed for legion scale operations.