Space Wolves Joytoy - Iron Priest out

Wispy

Some quick size shots below, but didn't have any of my Claw Pack built to show sizes as they are slightly smaller than the 1st wave guy in the pic.

The gold used is now more of a bronze which is really close to the colour I use (Runelord Brass with an Agrax Earthshade) so I'm happy about that.

Both figures have great detail, Bjorn has lots of articulation, even down to the pistons controlling his feet, the pipe work is flexible, so moves nicely.  My 2 minor niggles are there is no articulation in the feet claws, that would have been really nice (the normal Marines have it) and because of the runes on the wolf pelt on his left shoulder, you can't bring his left arm up to a level position.

I don't have any plans to re-paint these, but I know I won't be able to resist some minor work (not a fan of the metallic paint on the claws and gem stones).

Also final pic has the white metal Bjorn I painted a very long time ago. 

20221013_082953.jpg

20221013_083010.jpg

20221013_083028.jpg

20221013_083710.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2022 at 1:31 AM, sbarnby71 said:

Oddly excited about the Wulfen, which is weird cause I've never wanted to paint one.

the appeal for me is taking all their weapons off and giving it to other figures, lol

Edited by Wispy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Wow these just look amazing. I liked the UM in the  Bladeguard design, but the wolves blue grey is just stellar on these models. I’d love to get Ragnar but these are just so expensive in Canada. 

On 4/21/2023 at 1:17 AM, sbarnby71 said:

Do love these figures and I have spent waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much money on them so far.  Anyone know if the First Born Marines are the same size as the Primaris? 

I have the Thunderwolf cav and the answer is different if you're comparing Joytoy 1.0 or 2.0 models. 2.0's are noticeably bigger than 1.0s. The Thunderwolf riders are about the same size as the Joytoy 1.0 though the MKX armour makes the Primaris thicker looking. They're noticeably smaller than 2.0s when standing side-by-side though it's not noticeable at all when they're on the wolf.

Joytoy 1.0 includes the first Intercessors and Claw pack models. 2.0 includes Ragnar and the Sigyrr Stoneshield model that came out a little while ago. Dunno how big this Iron Priest will be comparatively as it's a one off fig and you can't trust what the the product descripting because they say everything 11.7cm and that's not true. 

Edited by Wispy

On 4/21/2023 at 1:17 AM, sbarnby71 said:

Do love these figures and I have spent waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much money on them so far.  Anyone know if the First Born Marines are the same size as the Primaris? 

I got curious so here's the side by side.

LRM_20230429_111216.jpg

The riders are kind of a crappy fig, honestly. Smaller, flimsy, hard to pose... but they look fine on their wolves so cant complain. Just don't expect to pose them as infantry.

The 2.0 is a rock solid fig with ball bearing and the like keeping it together, very easy to pose.

Really curious what the Iron Priest will be like because its a one-off.

Edited by Wispy

• 2 months later...

I just got the Space Wolves Iron Priest fig and he is a quality toy, on par with Ragnar Blackmane (which is the only premium Joytoy fig I have to compare it too). Despite representing a 'first borne' miniature, the figure is the same scale and posability (and probably using the same frame) as JoyToy's standard Primaris figure.

I was a bit worried, because the riders for the thunderwolf cavalry are firstborne and they are far inferior - awkward and flimsy compared to the standard primaris joytoy.

edit - @sbarnby71 thought you might be interested to know

PreOrder] JoyToy 1/18 War Hammer 40K Space Wolves Iron Priest Action Figure  | eBay

Edited by Wispy

12 hours ago, Wispy said:

I just got the Space Wolves Iron Priest fig and he is a quality toy, on par with Ragnar Blackmane (which is the only premium Joytoy fig I have to compare it too). Despite representing a 'first borne' miniature, the figure is the same scale and posability (and probably using the same frame) as JoyToy's standard Primaris figure.

I was a bit worried, because the riders for the thunderwolf cavalry are firstborne and they are far inferior - awkward and flimsy compared to the standard primaris joytoy.

edit - @sbarnby71 thought you might be interested to know

PreOrder] JoyToy 1/18 War Hammer 40K Space Wolves Iron Priest Action Figure  | eBay

Thanks for the update, I am so tempted because he looks amazing and happy that the scale is inline with the other on foot releases.  You got any pics in the flesh???