Space Wolves Joytoy - Iron Priest out

Wispy

• 4 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Wispy said:

Where?

Saw it pop up on there YouTube channel.

There update things one day. I'll try to find.

YouTube yan xu, appears to be the official joytoy page (I think).

10 days ago community post.

"Space wolves products will be equipped with 30k period armor"

Edited by Triszin

• 2 weeks later...

Erm, the chest to head ratio looks odd, it's more like a bear and what's with the Old Person Grab-Rail you see in showers in Care Homes?  With the bionics on the legs, it makes it look like he is steam powered.  In some ways, I'm gutted, but in others it means I can save some money.

Got a notification today that my JoyToy Wolves should be with me by the end of the week.

There is some odd sizing going on with the new guys, the chest is very square instead of the normal slightly triangular proportions and you can see a difference in arm length.  Here is a comparison with the first wave, the new guy's armour should be bulkier but it's not:

Another thing is the new figures feel very light and overall they feel cheaper, all the limbs feel really loose.

JoyToy 2.jpg

I don't have the initial round of infiltrators to compare against but i do have the Space Wolves Hunter pack they did first. I'll do a side by side with them when my Claws arrive on Friday.

looking at your photo, to my eye the Claw looks like the same toy as the Hunter but the the paint job is far superior. 

Another video in the tweet, repainted a shoulder pad to black and yellow so i could have a Primaris Battle Leader. He had all of Haldor Icepelts anyways so now he looks the part.

Seems he got himself into the armoury and got himself a Frost Axe and a spare chainsword, inspired by the sagas of Sven Bloodhowl perhaps?  Haha, love dual wielding Space Wolves, feels very viking to me.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Broken Epoch said:

Joytoy is going to take over the game if GW isn't careful. These pre-painted models are looking pretty damn good. Anyone else thinking a line of these models could be used for the old Inquisitor game?

I was thinking about that earlier. How much bigger than the Inq minis are these? Having playable characters that can actually kneel down behind walls etc would add to the realism. 

Ngl I didnt see the appeal of these until I started thinking about Inquisitor, could do with more non Astartes though.